Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V3

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nevri posted:

shadesofgreymoon posted:

Something small that in all likelihood has been brought up pages and pages ago, but.... it would be nice if when using the quote feature that it would include a hotlink to the original poster name/profile too, perhaps even a timestamp, so it's not just infinite walls of quoted text with questionable origins...

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/7297-dynasty-reader-userscripts

Coincidentally this is actually the entire reason I originally created the Thingifier to begin with. At the very least including the name of the person you're quoting is important for acteally keeping track of a conversation. Links are also really helpful since there's plenty of conversations that happen over a period of weeks or months due to one or both users being fairly inactive. It's difficult to keep track of what you were actually talking about in such a conversation.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Magia Record has officially splintered off of Madoka. For the time being, only pairings and pairing-specific doujins/images have been moved. If other doujins/images exist that lack pairings, they'll take a little while to skim through. If you like the game and feel like you can help direct this effort with us, please do consider putting in tag suggestions for the changes! I'll also paste this to the Magia Record discussion.

On a side note, Precure and Idolmaster have also been frequent requests for the same kind of reorganization. We're looking into those and with any luck they'll soon be split up as well!

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I wish there was a way to disable / delete my account. Even contacting the admins is unnecessarily difficult.

I check this thread daily and such requests can be posted here. Do you wish to have your account deleted?

Maco%20v0.1%20320px%20opt
joined Apr 2, 2011

The latest chapter titles for Ouji-sama Nante Iranai by Harushion are missing:

• Chapter 111: Promise
  • Chapter 112: Curtain Close
  • Chapter 113: Distance
  • Chapter 114: Something New
  • Chapter 115: Ghost Member
OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thanks, fixed.

Maco%20v0.1%20320px%20opt
joined Apr 2, 2011

Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita! ch53 is from "Yuri Hime Vol 91: 2019.10" (stamp on page 3).

Revisiting Whispering You a Love Song by Takeshima Eku after my earlier posts from 30 Jun and 28 Jul 2019:

Chapter 4 is listed with "Yuri Hime Vol 88: 2019.7", but it should be "Vol 87: 2019.6" (stamp on page 9).

Then, for chapters 6 and 7:

• ch06 has an ad for Yuri Hime 2019.10 on page 6 labeled "07";
  • amazon.co.jp has 「竹嶋えく[ささやくように恋を唄う]」 ("Takeshima Eku [Whispering You a Love Song]") listed in the contents of 2019.9, 2019.10 and the upcoming 2019.11 (but not 2019.8);
  • ch06 scanlation is dated one day after the release of Yuri Hime 2019.9 (2019-07-18 → 2019-07-19);
  • ch07 scanlation is dated one day after the release of Yuri Hime 2019.10 (2019-08-20 → 2019-08-21); and
  • the page numbers of ch06 and ch07 coincide with the ones given for a chapter of the series on the contents pages of YH 2019.9 and 2019.10, respectively, in Amazon's preview,

so it's extremely likely that:

• ch06 is from Yuri Hime Vol 90: 2019.9, and
  • ch07 is from Yuri Hime Vol 91: 2019.10.

The release date of Yuri Hime 2019.11 is 2019-09-18. If a scanlation of chapter 8 appears on the 19th of September (or thereabouts), it should be safe to assume it's from that magazine.

Missing chapter titles in "Mirai no Fuufu Desu Kedo?" by Yuu Nonaka:

• Chapter 1: Scarf
  • Chapter 2: Forgotten
  • Chapter 3: Fashion

last edited at Sep 13, 2019 12:55AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thanks, applied. I've been meaning to add those missing chapter titles for I don't know even how long.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I check this thread daily and such requests can be posted here. Do you wish to have your account deleted?

Then, is it possible to disable my forum access, but still allow me to manage my lists?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Yes, but you'd have to make some choice - either a running arrangement where your privileges are revoked for 30 days and then you have to re-request it after that, or a permanent revocation. The permanent option is theoretically changeable, but it'd require you to seek us out, and some special procedure afterwards. Either option is fine for me, though. So if you want that, just let us know.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

You're welcome. Should you decide against this in a hypothetical future, please feel free to e-mail me me, or write me on Discord at #0863 Orange Pekoe. Life is getting busy, so if I don't respond for a few days, just hit me a few more times.

We'll miss you. Best wishes, and take care!

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

This is a small thing, but on the "Upload Request" page there are a list of scan groups that we are either not allowed to request uploads of or have a delay:

However, we do have a list of groups who will NOT be uploaded here:
Doujin-Moe, Midnight Scans, Starry Heaven, and Tonigobe

The following groups have a delay for their uploads: Kirei Cake (24-hours) , Yakisoba (24-hours), Arwynl/Yuusei (48-hours), SMDC (48-hours), Miko Translations (48-hours), Stolen Translations (48-hours for individual images only). Please make sure the delay time has elapsed before submitting a request.

However, I believe many - if not most - of these groups are either inactive or just don't do yuri anymore. Is it possible for this list to be updated?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

However, I believe many - if not most - of these groups are either inactive or just don't do yuri anymore. Is it possible for this list to be updated?

I will look into it, thank you.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017
52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Other than a non-joke tag for hand-holding, I really want a tag for going commando/nopan

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Just wanted to point out that I'm glad there are now separate tags for PreCure seasons, but the one for the overall series still exists. Personally I think it's convenient to have it still.

Edit: I think there's no point in these being separate tags:
https://dynasty-scans.com/pairings/cure_moonlight_x_dark_precure
https://dynasty-scans.com/pairings/dark_precure_x_yuri

They should be merged into one.

last edited at Oct 9, 2019 6:25AM

Fiohnel Uploader
StarlightScans
joined Sep 1, 2011

Suggestion: Make the front page display books based on scanlation upload release date.

When adding chapter, I usually don't input "Released on" and left it at default which is present date when uploading. It felt ambiguous since it could meant either the "book's original release date" or the scanlation upload release date.

Just now for "Passion-ate Cookie Battle" I tried to input the "book's original release date" which is 2017-12-30.

The result was it not appearing on the front page/main https://dynasty-scans.com/ where thumbnails are displayed; I could still see it on https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/added but that has no thumbnail and I don't think that's what most users see when they visit the website.

This means inputting the "book's original release date" correctly will just end up hiding your release from front page--where it only display books with "Released on" date of 1 week prior to the current date. It's like you get punished for inputting data correctly.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Suggestion: Make the front page display books based on scanlation upload release date.

The front page currently displays releases based on scanlation date, not book release date, nor upload (to Dynasty) date. The date you're referring to is meant to be left at default (the current date) unless uploading something that has an old scanlation, but for whatever reason never made it to Dynasty in the past. Theoretically, the division you mention is intentional. Does that clear it up or address your suggestion?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I was going to make that suggestion as well, but the point is most people only use the front page and assumes everything they see here is everything that gets added and rarely use recently added, because they think it's just all the same stuff. So if you add something with earlier date, which won't show up on main page, most people will miss it. Nobody really cares when something was originally released and look for stuff based on when they remember it being added, so reverse would probably be more useful. Front page working like current recently added. Even when sorting using date of adding, you could still keep release date or even have both. Changing it at this point would probably be way too hard though. The point is, most people probably aren't even aware the way series are sorted on front page and recently added page is different.

Fiohnel Uploader
StarlightScans
joined Sep 1, 2011

The front page currently displays releases based on scanlation date, not book release date, nor upload (to Dynasty) date. The date you're referring to is meant to be left at default (the current date) unless uploading something that has an old scanlation, but for whatever reason never made it to Dynasty in the past. Theoretically, the division you mention is intentional. Does that clear it up or address your suggestion?

Therefore, the "Released on" were meant to be the scanlation release date after all? Not original book release date.
That clears up my not knowing what "Released on" meant, but I got confused in the first place because the term isn't clear enough, I suppose.

Also in admin panel > chapters, there are columns for "Released on" AND "Created at". If the second is scanlation release date determined when the chapter is uploaded, wouldn't that means it's scanlation release date, and the "Released on" was meant to be the original book release date? When I entered 2017 there, I got the release not showing on the front page instead.

Suggestion1: Edit the text for "Released on" to be "Scan release date" or some such.
or
Suggestion2: Front page (and list of upload when browsing tags etc) to display books based on "Created at", and edit the text for "Released on" to be "Original release date" or some such, meant only for informing readers.

Thanks.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Therefore, the "Released on" were meant to be the scanlation release date after all? Not original book release date.

Yes.

Also in admin panel > chapters, there are columns for "Released on" AND "Created at". If the second is scanlation release date determined when the chapter is uploaded, wouldn't that means it's scanlation release date, and the "Released on" was meant to be the original book release date? When I entered 2017 there, I got the release not showing on the front page instead.

No, you're getting confused again. We have no method on the site of tracking a book's original native release date. This information is not of interest to us. Released on represents the scanlation date, this is a value you can edit when uploading a work. Created at represents the date it is uploaded to the Reader, this is automatically determined and cannot be edited by the uploader. These dates are often the same, and that is fine. They are also often different, that is also fine. Created at only exists for uploaders as a means of organisation, the average user will never be aware it exists on the site at all.

Suggestion1: Edit the text for "Released on" to be "Scan release date" or some such.

This is a possibility.

Suggestion2: Front page (and list of upload when browsing tags etc) to display books based on "Created at", and edit the text for "Released on" to be "Original release date" or some such, meant only for informing readers.

I'm afraid this is not likely to happen at any point in the future for a variety of reasons.

Thanks for your suggestions.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

The drawings and the doujin here don't seem to be from the same artist:
https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/nimame

Fiohnel Uploader
StarlightScans
joined Sep 1, 2011

Thx orangepekoe for the replies.

Suggestion: make it possible to change chapter order for mobile user

I had to went outside after uploading Pico ch09. Then got notified in discord I need to fix the chapter order since it appeared last in the volume/series page.
I used android Firefox browser with 'request desktop site' on and off and both method I couldn't find a way to drag the chapter order around.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Virgin's Empire has an NSFW tag even though not every chapter has NSFW content, and it hasn't had any at all for a while. I thought it might be better if only specific chapters had the tag instead of the whole series.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I know it's probably not going to do much, but I'd also like to complain about the front page.

I like Looking Up to Magical Girls and, fortunately, I got an email notifying me of the most recent chapter, otherwise I would have missed it. It actually bothered me so much that I took a few screenshots at the time, because I really think this should change and they help to illustrate the point.

This was the front page at the time:

Imgur

It actually cuts off a few things in the middle, because I'm not very familiar with scrolling screenshots, but if you scroll down far enough you'll see LUtMG, quite a ways bellow where you'd expect to find new content. Unfortunately, it gets more confusing, because this is what the recently added block on the front page looked like at the time:

Imgur

No LUtMG, but notice I Love Cinema and Suppen, right bellow it? Keep those two in mind, because here's the full recently added page:

Imgur

Now you can see LUtMG, right near the top, about where you'd expect new content, and I love Cinema right above it. The weird part is Suppin is actually a couple entries down. Some how, it wound up on the front page, completely skipping LUtMG and Magic of Stella. They're actually still there, despite even more new stuff being added.

Maybe I'm missing something or I'm atypical, but when I'm browsing for new issues to read, I don't really care about when they were first translated, so much as when they get added to the site, because that's what determines when I'll see them. Currently, despite being the main page I'd look at, the front page doesn't do a good job of showing me new uploads or even making it clear that new things have been uploaded and that I should check the recently added page.

Theoretically, I could shift my normal browsing to the recently added page, but that's a much less pleasant experience. The more condensed format is isn't as comfortable to parse and it lacks the preview thumbnails, which can help with quickly identifying a series or figuring out if a new work might be worth looking at. It also lacks the other sidebar content, like recent pictures, which can be fun.

In an ideal world, a user would be able to choose what their frontage displays, but baring that, swapping the recently added and release order lists would be a huge improvement.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

I noticed that when you navigate to https://dynasty-scans.com/user/suggestions, and you have no current suggestions, the text says "You have made no suggetions".

To reply you must either login or sign up.