Forum › It's a Detached Relationship. discussion

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

That's extremely characteristic of Aya, though. She is the type of person who either won't say no or won't say it strongly enough.

I'd say she has primarily told people to bugger off, but the sample size is her childhood friend who she obviously wants to remain friends with and Sei who initially she pushes away multiple times but her curiosity just keeps beating her logic.

It's kinda wild that apparently it's common knowledge that Sei's attempted to get with a student and a.) still has a dude trying to ask her out and b.) still somehow has her job.

"This girl used to follow Kurosaki-chan everywhere they say. Kinda super clingy, don't you think? This is a girls' school, so everyone's always hungry for a story." I'd hardly call that enough evidence to say that Sei tried to get with a student and not just a student that really liked their teacher.

joined Mar 8, 2019

I'd say she has primarily told people to bugger off, but the sample size is her childhood friend who she obviously wants to remain friends with and Sei who initially she pushes away multiple times but her curiosity just keeps beating her logic.

Exactly. We already saw how Aya likes to put her faith in people. That’s why she went to Sei the first time. Then the third time, she was curious about Sei. I think the nakedness with Haruki was a combination of those things.

The whole getting naked was about truths. Haruki with her confession as well as her admittance that Aya’s bond with Sei is strong. With Aya, her attachment to Sei is further demonstrated with how she thinks about her while lying in bed with someone else.

I think it’ll give Aya much to think about, now that she kind of understands Sei and knows that she’s hurting Haruki.

"This girl used to follow Kurosaki-chan everywhere they say. Kinda super clingy, don't you think? This is a girls' school, so everyone's always hungry for a story." I'd hardly call that enough evidence to say that Sei tried to get with a student and not just a student that really liked their teacher.

I’m really curious to see what happened there. Maybe I’m expecting too much of the story but I doubt it’ll be something simple as Sei preying on a high school girl. Though I could of course be wrong.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

So I conclude that the author just wanted to add something ecchi, but didn't think about their characterization much.

Exactly what I also think. They just wanted to draw naked girls to satisfy the audience which only reads the manga to see some boobies. This or they think it's normal for teenage girls to get naked before having conversations.

Fb_img_1585558802178
joined Apr 23, 2020

I don't know what will happen to them. I don't really like that kiddo she's up to something shit, like she wants to destroy kuro's image just to make her crush notice her? Like what the fucking fuck dude? It ain't right, right?

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

That stripping scene legit made me say, "um, what" out loud. What the fuck was that even. I guess the author wanted to portray some "deep" "emotional" moment between Haruki and Aya but it just comes across as stupid, pretentious and invasive to me. Haruki is so repulsive and creepy.

And Mochida. She was just an annoying teenager before, but she just crossed the line into unlikeable territory in this chapter. Seriously, these two should just fuck each other and calm their titties. And stop messing with the main characters.

That’s exactly how I felt about Haruki stripping. I felt uncomfortable because it was so random and Aya barely reacting and quickly agreeing to strip was absurd. We all agree that Aya is easy but she resisted Sei more, she pushed her away and resisted her affections. There was a build up for their feelings before getting nude and sleeping together. Here we have Haruki confessing AFTER getting nude. It’s awkward and doesn’t play well. It just doesn’t make sense that Aya agreed to just strip. Getting me a little angry of how this played out and I’m not looking forward to the future chapters as much anymore.

Honestly I'm somewhat grateful of the absurdity of that scene. It's like they are living in some kind of weird ultra sexualized alternate universe. It somehow makes me feel a little better about rooting for a romance between a sexual predator and her victim.

And I don't agree that Aya is easy. That is dangerously close to victim blaming.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

So I conclude that the author just wanted to add something ecchi, but didn't think about their characterization much.

Exactly what I also think. They just wanted to draw naked girls to satisfy the audience which only reads the manga to see some boobies. This or they think it's normal for teenage girls to get naked before having conversations.

I rather stay with my "naked truth" idea, at least it's a better excuse for the scene than "i want to draw them naked"

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

Hentai author, naked people kind of their thing.

Komomojpg
joined Aug 6, 2014

I see that the hate boner for Haruki know no boundaries, even when she come in terms with her own feelings. I already said that her being naked was purely symbolic that she have nothing to hide to Aya about her feelings. You realise she could have easily done something but decide not to because she know Aya will be hurt by that. It take a lot of courage from Haruki to do that and peoples still found a way to be mad at her. She even say no to Mochida when Mochida talk about her plan because she know that if Sei get hurt, it would hurt Aya too so she don't want to play along.

She didn't sell Aya because then she would have suffered collateral damage, but if there was a way to hurt Sei alone she would surely have done it, this is selfishness not to be mistaken with kindness.

Also suddenly getting naked on your friend because you want to show them that you have nothing to hide is still pretty weird.

I don't hate Haruki because I understand how she feels but I can't say I like her either, she gives off this obsessed stalker vibe which is unpleasant.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Also suddenly getting naked on your friend because you want to show them that you have nothing to hide is still pretty weird.

That was just an explanation, i never said it wasn't weird. Of course she could have done normally but i suposs she thought she will have been true to her feelings like that. That and probably wanted to see Aya naked body face to face. The truth is probably that the author wanted to draw them both naked in a bed but i want to stick with my idea.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

That was just an explanation, i never said it wasn't weird. Of course she could have done normally but i suposs she thought she will have been true to her feelings like that. That and probably wanted to see Aya naked body face to face. The truth is probably that the author wanted to draw them both naked in a bed but i want to stick with my idea.

I think it's a combination of your theory and johnb's:

It pushes the narrative into a weirdly hypersexualized zone in parallel to the hijinks at Sei's apartment, and in terms of Haruki's characterization it's her "I stand naked before you, in complete candor baring my soul (among other things, and if you should happen to be willing to get it on I'm up for that too)" gambit.

joined Mar 8, 2019

I would not be shocked if we see Mochida and Sei's former student naked at some point.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I would not be shocked if we see Mochida and Sei's former student naked at some point.

This kinda reminds me of Asagi Ryuu's work--never missing a chance to go ecchi and with plenty of bodily fluid exchange, but with rather more on its mind than just titillation.

joined Sep 21, 2014

It's kinda like people miss the ecchi tag and then complain about the author cramming ecchi into his drama.

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

Haruki is such an detestable and annoying character, geez

Vampire-asuna
joined Mar 6, 2016

We getting a lot of ‘I can’t get over my feeling for her after graduation’ type of manga Lately. I’m like it, cause it can relate in someway to same people, I guess? Some of those manga, I say

Vampire-asuna
joined Mar 6, 2016

We getting a lot of ‘I can’t get over my feeling for her after graduation’ type of manga Lately. I’m like it, cause it can relate in someway to same people, I guess? Some of those manga, I say

Vampire-asuna
joined Mar 6, 2016

Am afraid I have some bad news there won't be new chapter this month.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Am afraid I have some bad news there won't be new chapter this month.

I follow Yuri Hime's official Japanese channels, as well as FLOWERCHILD-sensei's personal Twitter, and there has been no such news. You might want to verify your sources before posting these things. Where'd you even hear about that anyway?

EDIT: So it was true. Weird, I never saw anything in my follows. Might have missed it. So yeah, no chapter this month.

last edited at May 17, 2020 11:41AM

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

I underestimated this pretty hard, the writing is compelling. And it's so refreshing that it's also lewd as hell on top of that. Eager for more.

joined Mar 8, 2019

I wouldn’t be surprised if unknown high school girl turns up to be the developed version of Coach from Eve’s medicine.

Good news there will be a new chapter this month.

Just saw the raws.
From the looks of it Mochida is being a real bitch

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Just saw the raws.

Nothing new then

Just saw the raws.

Nothing new then

I wouldn't say that.
Side note I think you might be right about this series only having three volumes cuz I don't see it having more than just that, i mean if this drags out this too long then I'll be like beating a dead horse. so I think this series is only going to have least three chapters left 14,15 & 16, I mean sometime when you're at the end of the series there's usually an additional chapter for the final volume.

last edited at Jun 20, 2020 6:54AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.