Forum › Our Time discussion

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

This author really closes their eyes and throws a dart on a board of random ideas and somehow creates a manga for it

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Does it have to be a man? I feel like turning-into-bubbles rules weren't laid out very precisely

C4u8pkcuoaauccv
joined Oct 31, 2018

gonna need a continuation, maybe

joined Jun 12, 2019

Nooo I need more. :(

joined May 20, 2013

The concept of marriage in current Japan makes the answer "yes" to that question. Unless her mother oversimplified the rule by saying "marry."

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

How does the curse adress divorce though?

Would she evaporate when asked or after signing the paperwork? Or is it a loophole where nothing happens?

How does a curse apply to a legal contract?

I have so many questions and none of them have been answered!

last edited at May 2, 2020 6:28PM

56f3860d-5792-4d1d-a6e2-6a880f89d9e0
joined May 2, 2020

I wonder if the curse would break if she got married to Misono in a country where same-sex marriage is legalized?

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

The concept of marriage in current Japan makes the answer "yes" to that question. Unless her mother oversimplified the rule by saying "marry."

Well two women can get married and have a ceremony in Japan but it's not officially recognized by the government
And plus I would imagine that mermaids have their own perspective on that as well

20190203_135245
joined Mar 5, 2016

Well two women can get married and have a ceremony in Japan but it's not officially recognized by the government
And plus I would imagine that mermaids have their own perspective on that as well

i thought it just meant someone who will love her (enough to marry her). she said she NEEDS to be loved and marriage doesn't always entail (no pun intended) that feeling especially when you're just forcing yourself to find someone. for me i think saying "marriage" just conveyed "strong/deep love" so it can be a woman. as long as he/she loves the mc strongly enough to accept that she's a mermaid, the mc won't turn into bubbles.

anyway, that's just my take because otherwise that would just be sad.

last edited at May 2, 2020 8:01PM

joined Jan 22, 2015

For the sake of random theories: Maybe the Mother is romantically interested in her daughter and, bound by moral standards that say incest is bad, told the bubble lie to keep her daughter from getting a partner.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I wonder if the curse would break if she got married to Misono in a country where same-sex marriage is legalized?

Welcome new poster! Please enjoy your ride here at the scary attraction that is The Dynasty Reader Forum.

It seems worth noting that marriage isn't the important factor here, it's being loved, likely unconditionally, and seemingly for her entire life.

Edit: Jerry, that's silly, but I'll believe you if you can bring any supporting evidence from the story.

last edited at May 2, 2020 8:05PM

Off-model%20ishibashi-san
joined Aug 20, 2018

My assumption was that the “curse” was something the mom made up to protect her from revealing herself to someone who would freak out and murder her. In a story in which mermaids are real, it’s definitely possible that this curse is as well, but it just sounds so much like something a parent would invent to keep their child out of danger.

[EDIT] But really, if the curse IS real, why on earth would it care about the laws of Japan or any other country? It’s definitely about love, not a legal contract.

last edited at May 2, 2020 8:21PM

56f3860d-5792-4d1d-a6e2-6a880f89d9e0
joined May 2, 2020

Welcome new poster! Please enjoy your ride here at the scary attraction that is The Dynasty Reader Forum.

It seems worth noting that marriage isn't the important factor here, it's being loved, likely unconditionally, and seemingly for her entire life.

Edit: Jerry, that's silly, but I'll believe you if you can bring any supporting evidence from the story.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome Altair!

AWalkingPizza
Gay
joined Jun 13, 2016

what is this and why is it so fucking beautiful im blinded goodbye

joined Feb 24, 2019

Not entirely sure how I feel about this one. Monster girl yuri always gets me pumped, but this one didn't leave much of an impression. On the plus side, I found a new author to keep an eye on.

joined May 24, 2015

Kinda lukewarm about this one. Feels like it just... ends? No real ending, no conclusion, no context. Almost like the start of a multi-chapter series that pulls a to be continued, Jojo style, because the author needed to get SOMETHING out.
Liked the dissolving arm, way too many people go the easy route and literally turn them into bubbles. Mild gore's real nice as long as it doesn't squick out too many readers

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

Very appropriate "Fin" at the end.

Atheme-logo-frag-square
joined Jun 2, 2018

Aaaaargh, don’t end it there!

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

I am a simpleton, I see Monster Girl tag I click.

Interesting premise, I wish it would get expanded on more rather than end on that melancholic note. Well. My yuri goggles indicate that the friend is interested in her and my imagination can fill in the rest.

deltahalo241
Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

So the father was 100% fish?

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Does it have to be a man? I feel like turning-into-bubbles rules weren't laid out very precisely

Well the story did say only the person, not man who she was to marry, so...

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

It's a crime or cutting it on a good part! DX

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

The marriage thing sounds fishy
So if you're not legible to marry a woman in Japan but you just come somewhere you're able to that's fine? You're not beer bubbles anymore?

Hope that mom made it up to scare her daughter from experincing pain of not being accepted by her surroundings
And the dissloving was daughter's illusion

Gonna wait for a sequel <3

joined Feb 1, 2017

I've got a few ideas about the story right now but none of them are clear enough for me to draw a conclusion from. I'm confident that the curse wasn't talking about literal marriage, but someone who will accept and look after our mc (which might've been something the mother came up with to protect her). However, I think the mc took it the wrong way, the literal way, and thought that she could only confide with 'the one who will love her for the rest of her life'. That's why she's so desperate to find love, but doesn't go with the childhood friend who she seems to have feelings for (?). Or maybe it's really because of gender, to 'properly' marry? Since there was little mermaid elements I kinda also assumed that 'losing her voice' was part of it, and thought that maybe she can't speak out due to society pressures. Also, I feel like a part of her wanted to become foam; to accept the curse than live in fear of it.

I don't really know I want to say, but in short, I think that what the mother said (whether it's actually real or not) had imprinted deeply on the mc's young mind, and caused her to grow up confined by its rules. I've experienced it before, something that was a huge matter to me when I was small turned out to be a trivial thing that only limited my thoughts. Why am I writing this massive paragraph one o'clock in the morning when I have school the next (same) day? I guess I'm procrastinating on sleep.

last edited at May 3, 2020 11:36AM

joined Dec 18, 2016

This author really loves cliffhanger

To reply you must either login or sign up.