Forum › Whispering You a Love Song discussion

Profile%20picture%20leaaaaaaaaaaaaf
joined Jan 27, 2019

Chapter 11 Page 17 if you look closely you can see Hima refers to the one who confessed as a "she" and that's gotta be why Momoka looks shocked cuz she thought it was a guy, but found out it was infact a girl all along! (just a minor detail)

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Why isn’t this separated into volumes yet?

joined Sep 5, 2018

Chapter 11 Page 17 if you look closely you can see Hima refers to the one who confessed as a "she" and that's gotta be why Momoka looks shocked cuz she thought it was a guy, but found out it was infact a girl all along! (just a minor detail)

Are you talking about the top left panel? The one looking shocked is Himari and she was talking with Aki in that scene. Momoka looks pretty calm in the bottom left panel. One thing I like about this series is that nobody bats an eye at same-sex relationships even though it’s a co-ed school.

I noticed the sudden change from “them” to “her” too, but that might’ve been an oversight by the translator because Japanese is ungendered most of the time.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Yori coud ask advice to Mafuyu from Given for the song. Minus the whole "the one I loved is dead" thing, preferably.

joined Mar 20, 2020

Just finished chapter 3, Kouhai is so cute.

joined Mar 20, 2020

Just finished chapter 5, I'm really liking Yori now, can't believe we got a "will you go out with me" so quickly from a yuri manga!

That last scene though? I actually thought she loves Yori romantically.

joined Mar 20, 2020

Ahhh I caught up. This was really good. Very fluffy.

I wonder why Aki isn't named Sayaka?

last edited at Mar 23, 2020 3:23AM

takeshima_ekubiggiestfan
joined Apr 19, 2020

i love it manga so micchhhhhh

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

if we keep making comments about Aki = Sayaka you think she may get her own spin off in the future? (lol probably not but I enjoy whenever she is on page so I'd like more of her)
anyway nice chapter! sad they didn't show the cat cookies D: but yay a new date chapter next time!

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

She felt the pain of jealousy. Goes to show how much she loves her.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Ahhh I caught up. This was really good. Very fluffy.

I think one post would have sufficed for all o.f that. You can edit it afterwards as well as you go along reading? Just... Don't spam, ok?

I read this and expected to see like 13 posts or something. it's fine, isn't it? They were expressing distinct thoughts as they read through various parts of the series. There were just three short little posts. That's not exactly disruptive.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Are you talking about the top left panel? The one looking shocked is Himari and she was talking with Aki in that scene. Momoka looks pretty calm in the bottom left panel. One thing I like about this series is that nobody bats an eye at same-sex relationships even though it’s a co-ed school.
I noticed the sudden change from “them” to “her” too, but that might’ve been an oversight by the translator because Japanese is ungendered most of the time.

Yeah, Japanese doesn't really do gendered pronouns. You can often get a sense of whether the person being talked about is male or female based on other context clues, but in a lot of situations it's very ambiguous. This is why mistake-identity-on-basis-of-gender is such a common trope in anime and manga.

As a rule, it's a good idea to avoid assuming that pronouns are revelatory information in manga. it's a subtlety that translators often miss, especially when translating a work in progress. Using genderless pronouns (like the singular they/them) can end up sounding forced in a situation where the gender of the person is firmly established, but sometimes the author is saving up the reveal for that character.

joined Jun 12, 2019

Aki’s kinda cool.. I want her to find someone too

YuriIsLife1998
Screen%20shot%202020-03-21%20at%203.08.23%20pm
joined Apr 25, 2019

I don't know but I think Aki's selflessness is a bit much. She's becoming both love rival and main YoriHima shipper. Don't get me wrong, I like her as a character. Calm and collected character who knew she wouldn't stand a chance. But isn't she helping them way too much? I get that Aki want to see Yori being happy but she's shipping Yori and Hima harder than most of us here.

joined Nov 1, 2018

I don't know but I think Aki's selflessness is a bit much. She's becoming both love rival and main YoriHima shipper. Don't get me wrong, I like her as a character. Calm and collected character who knew she wouldn't stand a chance. But isn't she helping them way too much? I get that Aki want to see Yori being happy but she's shipping Yori and Hima harder than most of us here.

The term "living vicariously" comes to mind

joined Sep 5, 2018

Aki certainly decided not to fight a battle she can’t win. All that shipping looks like she’s getting back at Yori by ribbing her about her interest in Himari as much as possible. Revenge: kill her with kindness. <3

joined Jan 6, 2017

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't red rice supposed to be eaten at weddings?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I think that was the point.

never wheat shredded eat
joined Aug 21, 2019

the real solution here is poly

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Now it may be for some stories, but not for this one.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Special occasions in general (birthdays and the like), but the context here, teasing her about her romantic relationship, makes it pretty clear that they're referencing a wedding tradition.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I mean, she's in love with Yori, sure, but she's also her best friend, and a member of her band, Himari's sempai, and the big sister of Himari's best friend. She's got a lot of reasons to care about the happiness of both of them. She might also be overcompensating for her own feelings in an effort to be fair to Himari.

She's in a tough situation, to be honest. If Himari was't Miki's best friend, she could probably get away with resenting her a bit more. If she was't already Yori's best friend and in a band with her, she could afford to be a little more selfish in pursuing her.

last edited at Apr 19, 2020 7:36PM

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Adorable

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Please stop. Lol

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Ahhhh why do they have to introduce such a wondeful rival like Aki-senpai? I cannot support the main couple 100% because I am sad for Aki. Although since Himari is so beautiful, I understand why Yori likes her a lot.

To reply you must either login or sign up.