Forum › Anime season

The final episode of Magia Record was great and they also announced a season 2!!!

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ And that's my cue that I can start searching for sites to binge it? Sweet.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Bingeing is the worst way to consume media. But no. The season ended on a dramatic midpoint for the story, not anything remotely conclusive

last edited at Mar 28, 2020 4:22PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Bingeing is the worst way to consume media. But no. The season ended on a dramatic midpoint for the story, not anything remotely conclusive

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

This final episode of Magireco was what people claim Rebellion's ending was.

last edited at Mar 28, 2020 8:10PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I think I'll just pause magi record on ch12 then, maybe after the second season they will remake it into movies with an extra ending for the third movie because Japan loves to do that (not just with madoka but code geass, gundam, fate etc etc).

Also I just finished 22/7.... huuuhhh.... I have nothing to say but ahmm creepy.

Asteroids in love was pretty nice and consistent, lovely ending. I hope the manga isn't too far behind.

last edited at Mar 28, 2020 6:51PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Hylarn posted:

Bingeing is the worst way to consume media.

Eh. It really depends on show and you. I think some things are better/meant to be binged and some people prefer to binge watch stuff.

Serenata posted:

I think I'll just pause magi record on ch12 then, maybe after the second season they will remake it into movies with an extra ending for the third movie because Japan loves to do that (not just with madoka but code geass, gundam, fate etc etc).

I'm not sure movies are a good idea, since they already didn't have nearly enough time to include everything in TV series, they'd have even less time and have to cut even more content from movies.

Ugggghhhhhhhh. If I'd never played the game I'd probably think anime was great and finish it on very positive note (then again, maybe I'd not be able to appreciate what was good about it, without playing it). I still probably need few more days to really let sink in all the things anime has changed in last episode and understand what it's going for with them, but I still can get my honest opinion right now. I really wanted to like Magia Record. I was genuinely impressed with first 3 episodes and how they were fixing a lot of issues with source material. I hoped that they'll do story justice and enhance it using medium. I was trying to play devil's advocate for past 12 weeks, but I run out of patience. I'm going to rant about series as a whole, so if you don't want any spoilers, don't read it.

I thought last episode sucked major ass. Yes, it had some cool moments/animations. But overall it underperformed incredibly. I have a confession, I actually wasn't Madoka fan. I watched original series. Thought it was good. Never felt the need to watch it again, watch movies, read any mangas etc. Especially since I don't really like tragedies, I felt like I got my fill already and was content with it. Decided to give game a chance mostly for a friend. I liked story and was impressed that it was actually pretty good for what they had to work with, but still didn't really change my feeling on the series as a whole. Then I got to chapter 6. The one that episodes 11-13 cover. Yachiyo's backstory reminded me why Madoka was great. But it wasn't just that. What really finally sold me on going back to rewatch original and officially join Madokamism was how Iroha proposed to Yachiyo and decided to prove that love can overcome everything convinced Yachiyo that it wasn't her wish that killed her teammates. It was moment that really let Iroha's character shine and anime completely trashes that scene. It finally let me stop lying to myself and admit that I'm really not happy with this anime. As I said before, while anime has strong moments, it cuts a lot from the story, sometimes pretty major stuff, but I never felt like I was missing it, because I watched it with knowladge of all those things, so I knew the greater context and was able to fill in the blanks where necessary. Without that, this story loses a lot of it's heart. So I can't really give anime credit for things that are not in it.

Anime completely butchered foreshadowing of Yachiyo's past, past itself and resolution to it. While it did show her antagonizing new magical girls and she was pretty harsh towards Iroha, it didn't really went beyond that and she accepted Iroha pretty quickly (granted Iroha did give her grief seed to Yachiyo knowing her own soul gem was already pretty clouded), but it took way more than that in the game. First, when Iroha started to investigate rumors, she kept running into Yachiyo since she was doing the same, but whenever Iroha asked her for any information or anything in general, all she got in return was "I have no obligation to answer that." Their relationship was very rocky and Iroha was getting majorly frustrated with Yachiyo, her secretiveness and general lack of cooperation. First major breakthrough was during Staircase of Ending Friendship where Iroha proved herself in battle and Yachiyo finally at least accepted that Iroha isn't weak and can take care of herself. Something anime removed completely and just as I worried, never really addressed. It made sense Iroha won't become strong overnight and at first it wasn't that long since she started coming to Kamihama, but after some point we are never shown Iroha battling or doing anything other than running around and never landing any major hits (only time was her using Doppel, so it doesn't really count), so when in last episode she suddenly is killing Rumor (? I have no clue what it was, it wasn't in the game and anime didn't bother to explain) with few shots with some power up(?) she seemingly got out of nowhere, all I could feel inside was a complete apathy.

Second, when Iroha started to investigated Seance Shrine, Yachiyo finally gave in and agreed to just team up with her, since if they're going to keep running into each other, that way is easier. You'd think she finally warmed up to her, but nope. Instead of calling Iroha her friend, teammate, partner or anything like that, she instead announces her to be her "assistant" which takes even Iroha by surprise, since it kinda came out of nowhere. It was first major hint that Yachiyo wasn't just a mean bitch (and yes, initially I did dislike her, so gj game), but that little exchange shown that there's something more going on with her. Through the game she kept assigning "roles" to everyone and refuses to call anyone friend, despite everyone clearly growing close as a group and bonding together as a family. Iroha as her assistant, Tsuruno her disciple, Felicia hired mercenary and I forgot how she rationalized Sana. Anime made it pretty much a thrown away line in episode 11, way too late. You could be forgiven to not think Yachiyo had any issue with calling them friends before that point as anime doesn't bother to establish it as her hang up.

Third, so finally when Mifuyu came to visit Mikazuki Villa to invite everyone to the lecture, she has a quick private chat with Yachiyo scolding her that she totally went back to how she used to be and in fact, is a little pissed about it, as the whole point of disbanding their team and Yachiyo going solo, as well as distancing herself from most people, was in order to avoid her wish killing anyone else and Mifuyu suffered because of it and now Yachiyo's acting as if it never happened, making disbanding original team completely pointless. Yachiyo had to face the fact that she can't keep kidding herself that just simply not calling them friends will somehow magically prevent her wish from killing them and doing so was just her last defense mechanism in copying with her guilt. So she decided to go back to distancing herself from everyone. That was another annoying thing last episode. Nobody really reacted to it and when they were going to the lecture I hoped that Iroha will at least ask last time if Yachiyo wants to go with them, but she doesn't say anything. It really made it look more like Yachiyo was just in bad mood and they were ignoring her rather than a huge crack in their relationship. In game their interactions went to shit and you can really feel and see how everyone is worried and don't understand why Yachiyo suddenly started to behave like that. They ask her multiple time to help them find Memory Musem and then to go with them, but Yachiyo refuses everytime. Yachiyo does have change of heart later and decides to go join them, just like in anime, but she's acting way more composed. In anime she storms there and is visibly angry, while in game she just goes there and is allowed to join without issue. Admittedly, other than getting her there for the plot reasons, her action does seem a bit contradictory, but her trying to be cold and distant is contradictory to her kind and caring nature in the first place. I guess she wanted to make sure everyone is fine and nothing bad is done to them, as well how well they handled the truth (she was fully aware they're going there to learn it).

The major change happens after Iroha wakes up. She's asked to join Wings of the Magius, but she refuses and when she wakes up she finds Yachiyo there sleeping as well. She sees nobody else so she waits for her to wake up and once she does, she wants to find exit together and look for everyone else. But Yachiyo refuses, announces that she is disbanding the team and wants to go separate ways. Iroha initially thinks Yachiyo is just acting like that to confuse Magius and goes along with it, but it quickly turns out Yachiyo is serious. Iroha doesn't understand and keeps pressuring Yachiyo to stop acting wierd, but it's not working. When asked why she acts like that she hears familiar "I have no obligation to answer that." which was a great callback, but also heartbreaking. At this point Yachiyo is completely back to acting just as she was when they meet first time. Not really having other options Iroha sticks to Yachiyo and keeps pressuring her to explain to her why she acts like that. At the same time we learned that Yachiyo never told Momoko why she disbanded their team and distanced herself from her. Right, that's another major difference between game and anime. In game Momoko can't stand Yachiyo. She constantly scolds her for her poor treatment of Iroha in the beginning, doesn't take rumors seriously, because it's something Yachiyo is investigating and don't like working with her in general, because she's still pissed at her for cutting contact with her without explanation. Even after Iroha gets closer with Yachiyo, while Momoko is not as agressive towards Yachiyo anymore, their relationship is still strained. After constant nagging Yachiyo finally gives in and decided to explain to Iroha the reason why she disbanded team and why she become distant in the first place. And here is why anime butchered her past.

I really hoped they'd devote entire episode 12 just to Yachiyo's past, so we can get a proper taste of it, but it was also combined with lecture, which was done well and the memory part was also good, but it really took away time from things that really mattered. Kanae doesn't even have a fucking speaking line. That's treason. How are we supposed to feel anything about her death when we know nothing about her? Sure, she didn't have too much screen time in the game as well, but she had one. You get to briefly see how she, Yachiyo and Mifuyu interact at Mikazuki Villa and then during battle. They're forced to retreat and Kanae offers to sacrifice herself just after telling Yachiyo that she made her life worth living for and rationalizes her decision by saying that Yachiyo is more important for the team. Yachiyo is devastated. Then we skip to Mel, and at least anime give her some screen time and I think it's about the same, so I can't really complain there, but for the love of all that's yuri. Why the hell did they cut out Mel's final words? "It was a lucky day, because I got to save senpai I admire." I know that they did include both of those lines in this episode, but they're blink and you'll miss it on screen texts. They lack any impact whatsoever and they feel more like twists without twist. Like when you were watching those scenes, it all sounded like things that those characters would say at that moment. It fit their characters and sounded reasonable, so you had no reason to think there was anything more behind it. But then you learn what impact they left on Yachiyo and how those words lead her to believing it was her power causing their dead. The words themselves are not the twist. Yachiyo's conclusion based on them is. I have no clue why anime decided to put so much weight on them, at the same time putting no weight into how they were presented.

So because both Yachiyo and Iroha refused to join Magius, they decided to get rid of them. Iirc Alina first weakens them with her Doppel and then leaves them to fight Rumor of Memory Museum. Yachiyo obviously tells Iroha to stand back and wants to solo the Rumor, but Iroha refuses. After arguing a bit more for the first time in the game ever Iroha snaps, get angry at Yachiyo and tells her that she'll prove to her that she's wrong. So she starts to desperately fight rumor while telling Yachiyo to stand back. After struggling with it for a while, she finally defeats it and proposes asks speechless Yachiyo to give herself 1 more chance and that she'll stay with her forever and never die, so she can see for herself that it wasn't her wish that killed them and she can stop beating herself over past and living in guilt. That is the scene that made me think this story was great. It was a satisfying payoff to a great set up (in fact it made me cry just writing it down). I have no clue what that garbage 5 minutes in anime was. In fact I don't really understand what happened. Something ate Yachiyo? And Iroha saved her by blowing it up? Using some ass-pull power that was never established? And Yachiyo just kinda gave into Iroha's half-assed pep talk. It felt like Yachiyo broke down anyway and anything Iroha would say would work. In game Yachiyo completely froze her heart again and was 100% ready and confident to go back to the way she acted at the start of the game. She wasn't even moved by Magius taking Tsuruno, Felicia and Sana away. It was only Iroha's persistence and effort that manage to set doubt in her heart and allow her to believe in herself again. That's the reason why they're pretty much a canon couple of this series (just like Madoka and Homura). Their bond is unbreakable and it only grows from there. And to add insult to injury, anime has audacity to split them and make Yachiyo think that Iroha might die/is dead. Not even hour passed since Iroha promised Yachiyo she'll clear any doubts she might have about her wish and Iroha screwed it up already. GJ! Seriously I can't believe that they manage to screw the most important part of entire story that badly. I'm honestly pissed off.

I heard mixed opinions about inclusion of original cast. Some love it, some hate it. I personally don't mind it. It is still called Madoka Magica Side Story after all. I think their involvement in the game was done well enough. They only have minor roles, which is fine, because they're not main focus, it's not their story, so they shouldn't steal the spotlight. They kept Mami's and Kyouko's appearances just like in the game (for the most part), so I was really surprised they cut off Homura's and Madoka's. They show up looking for Mami and run into main cast while they try to investigate Endless Solitude. They join forces and together solve it. Honestly considering how small their contribution to the story was in that chapter and how anime handled that episodes (Sana's arc is one of the best part of the anime, they really handled adapting her story quite well) I was perfectly fine with their absence. It would take away time and focus from Sana and her story and they had a very tall order to fill with introducing her and making you care about her and her relationship with AI, all in span of just 1 episode (since they decided to not do it the way game dealt with it). I hoped it meant they'll introduce them when they have time to properly focus on them and their interaction with main cast. Even if it'd mean that they won't show up this season. Welp, they kept Sayaka's cameo though. Like I don't understand it. There was already so much shit going on in this episode and at that time, there was just no time to give Sayaka's appearance proper impact. She pretty much just shows up, says Mami's name few times, blocks Trio Finale and hides away from her bullets. She's barely there and she barely interacts with Mami. Her introduction felt really pointless, especially since any follow up on her we could possibly get, will only be in season 2 and that's ages from now. I actually thought that'll be be where they add Homura's and Madoka's cameo instead. It would make sense, because they went to look for Mami together and Sayaka just happened to be closest and rushing to her. In game we already had their cameo earlier without Sayaka, so it made sense they would let her have some action on her own, but since anime skipped it, there was no reason to not include them together. Other than no time and/or together they could actually defeat Mami right here and there, and we can't have that. Oh right. There was perfect solution to it. Just don't make her show up. This way you could make Iroha not useless and have her fight Mami together with Yachiyo, cementing their newly established marriage partnership. But no, we had to keep Sayaka's here for some reason. Like, I bet people like her (I was never fan of her, she just didn't click with me, probably because I'm Homura fan, so we don't get along), but if you're going to skip cameo or have cameo in last episode, wouldn't having Madoka's/Homura's/preferably both of them much better and more anticipated by people than Sayaka's?

And don't even get me started on Mami. I was praising previous episodes. I'm taking that all back. Not only now for some reason they added brainwash subplot back to her, they went with Holy Mami after all. It worked in game, but as they clearly made Mami stronger mentally in anime, I'm confused what's the point of suddenly going back on it and brainwashing her. Does that mean she was brainwashed/fused with Rumor when we saw her before or did it only happened recently? If so, why? Also they clearly are doing the Mami vs Yachiyo fight from later now, which as I said I wanted to see animated, so I should be happy, but I'm not and anime makes it really hard to be. First, while it starts pretty good it quickly devolves into her just standing/floating in place shooting shitty CGI guns into the same directions without really any strategy and characters hiding from copypasta bullets. Sure, they don't have movie budget to make it look as good as Homura's duel with Mami, but common. It's the final big action of last episode of the first season. Couldn't you make it look at least less shitty than that? And second reason is that for some unyurily reason Iroha, the freaking magical girl that leaps 10 meters, fight witches and uses magic, managed to now of all times twisted her ankle while running, but the worst part is THAT SOMEHOW MADE HER LOSE CONSCIOUS????????? It's comedy gold, but MR isn't supposed to be one... Especially in last episode when they're cutting back and forth between their fight and Magius creating First Galactic Empire, I mean, preparing to take over the world. Iroha got 2 minutes to shine and now she's back to being completely useless. So anyway, because Yachiyo has to carry her on her back, she can't actually fully focus on fighting Mami, making the fight a complete waste of potential, if it really was supposed to be a callback to later scene from the game. And of course once Iroha comes to, instead of trying to fight normally first, she immediately jumps into using Doppel. And we barely see it anyway. Also what happened to her twisted ankle??? I'm not even going into a rabbit hole of "Yachiyo seems to know about and how to use Doppels." 1 thing though. In game (as far as I know) the only real reason Doppels are bad is because you need energy to maintain the system that allows you to use them, aka, we need to let Rumors kill people to power it up and we're feeding Witches for energy, which is the main and only reason, main cast consider Magius and their methods bad and refuses to join them. Yachiyo says that supposedly there's some other downside to using Doppels, but... SHE DOESN'T FUCKING SAY IT. IN THE LAST EPISODE. WHAT KIND OF SHITTY SEQUEL HOOK IS THAT?. Anime please. If you can't be arsed to explain or state things outright, throw away lines. They're your best friends. So much issues with things not being clear in this anime would be solved by simply adding some throw away lines. Why do you do this to me!? Also I just realized, last episode ended with "we'll finally explain how Doppel works". This episode didn't explain how Doppel works at all and to rub salt into the wound, Yachiyo starts explaining it, but never finishes. That's some new lvl of withholding information.

And speaking of Doppels. Ughhhhhhhhhhhh. Wasted potential number 1943823094385230. So in game Doppels appears in story only handful of times, but gameplay wise, you can us them whenever you want and it's one of the most important mechanics in the game. So I was actually thrilled when anime added that scene with Kaede using her Doppel, because I took it as meaning that they're trying to incorporate them more into story and fights. The idea of Doppels and seeing different ones of different magical girls is one of the most unique and interesting things game invented, so sticking to story and not showcasing as many as possible would be a huge misopportunity. That's why I loved the idea that they'll actually try adding characters using them. Or at least that's what I though they'll do with it. Instead they turned it into some weird ass subplot that goes unaddressed pretty much until last episode and only non-game-canon Doppel use we get is second time Iroha uses it (so we already saw it) and Yachiyo's Doppel (which she never uses in story, at least in part of story NA server covers so far). Maybe they plan to have more characters using it in second season, but 1. that's not this season 2. it is still huge wasted opportunity and a lot of tease without any big payoff.

On topic of weird ass subplot. I have no clue what they're going for with Momoko's team joining Magius. Where the hell did that come from? In game Momoko thinks Kaede and Rena are not ready to handle the truth and is procrastinating on telling them, so when the thing with lecture comes up, she decides to tell them and that's how they learn about it and about Yachiyo's past (well as much as Momoko knows about it). And after that and when Yachiyo returns with Iroha to Mikazuki Villa, she confronts Yachiyo for the last time about their past and since Iroha penetrated Yachiyo's walls and made her softer
[( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)] she finally tells Momoko truth, who forgives her and now that Momoko's grudge against Yachiyo is gone, Momoko can wholeheartedly support her and her new partner Iroha. Same goes for Rena and Kaede (once she gets over her truth induced depression). So that's some serious double character assassination. First she is not mad at Yachiyo, but then she betrays her by joining Magius. Also I'm confused. My first thought was that after Kaede cut contact with everyone, Momoko confronted her and after learning what happened, told her the truth and later staged meeting with Rena. But when Kaede showed up, she already joined Magius and Momoko wasn't even the slightest surprised. I'm not sure about Kaede, but Momoko doesn't seem to be brainwashed, so did she and Kaede joined together? Did Kaede join and Momoko joined because of her?

Which brings me to something I really wished they'd do without altogether, but instead they completely skipped it over and only left it implied, which again, I feel like is much worse. Brainwashing. That was like the biggest plot point of the whole lecture thing. Memory Museum is a brainwashing machine (or at least it has it as a additional function). Lecture was just a formality, since the moment Magius decided to invite them, they already planned to just brainwash them. They never had any intention of actually letting main cast make up their own mind. Which is weird, because you'd think any magical girl that learns about truth, would be more than happy to join them, especially since they managed to create a way to prevent you from turning into a witch. In fact I thought everyone in the main cast had a legit reason to join them. That could be a great twist. We assumed by default that weird, cult like organization that seems evil, must be evil, but they actually have good motivation and things are much more morally gray, than they first appeared. Granted, main cast already clashed with them and refused to back down, so Magius could think they have no option, but they still could at least try to explain everything to them first (they never tried after all) and only when they still refuse, proceed with the whole brainwashing.

And that's really my main issue with Magius and their portray. They seems to have no issue telling everyone about their goals and truth. Magical girls from all over the Japan come to them and enlist themselves to help them and yet it seems like main cast are the only ones they refuse to tell anything. Since first time Iroha and others encountered Black Feathers, they only talked about liberation, but could never share the details. Sometimes it was implied they themselves don't really know them, other times they knew but weren't allowed to talk about it. That's why I never understood why it took so long for Magius to decide to actually talk to main cast and tell them why they shouldn't interfere with their operations as well as why they're the only ones they decided to brainwash from the get go, especially considering they never had to brainwash anyone else to join. They want you to think Magius have a point, while at the same time going out of their way to portray them as a black and white evil people, so you won't doubt for a second they're bad guys. They just brainwash them, because it's what villains do. Everything you hear about them from the start paints them as bad. They protect rumors and raise witches. They're even ready to kill anyone who messes with their plans. And sure, Doppel system do require sacrifices, but they could make it sounds more like necessary evil and maybe they constantly look for different ways. Anime gives Mami line like that, but it's a lie they fed her. Magius don't look for other methods. They straight don't care about anyone other than themselves. Later, when brainwashing is undone and Magius pushed into wall, only then they realized "oh, we should talk it over first". Yea, I thought you already realized it, but you brainwashed us instead. And we learn about their true goals and what kind of selfish, egocentric and piece of garbage people they are. We couldn't have someone who actually tries to do something good, even if it requires dirtying your hands. No, they had try to bite more than they can chew and we need to stop them. I guess there would be no game without it.

All this episode needed to do in order to end season on a strong note: Show Iroha proposing convincing Yachiyo to give herself another chance and then when it seems like things are turning ok, all that's left is to get everyone back to Mikazuki Villa and give Yachiyo coasters, pull the rug from under them revealing other 3 have been brainwashed. After that make quick, epic battle between Mami and IroYachi, which they'd ultimately be forced to flee and make last shot of the episode them sitting on sofa in the empty living-room, wondering what to do next. There. Strong set up for second season. We didn't need Emperor Touka or betrayal of team Momoko.

That's all about (mostly) episode 13. I probably could keep going for dozen more paragraphs about rest of adaptation, but I'll stop here. I don't expect anyone to read it, yet alone reply, so don't feel bad about it. There were scenes/episodes I really liked and I'll definitely watch season 2. Existence of anime didn't make game disappear and nobody is taking that away from me, so I can reread story there whenever I want. Who knows, maybe once I see where they'll take it, I'll find new appreciation for anime as it's own take, but as a adaptation of the story I grew to like, it fails miserably.

I had high hopes for anime, as it seemed like they were improving story in a lot of ways, but at the end of the day they failed and game is overall still ironically better, as much as I hate to admit it. I really don't think it was some unreachable task. They proved many times it was possible. They just needed a bit more time to better pace everything and not cut as much of important stuff, while streamlining and improving what was good. And of course not make dumb changes. I honestly can't decide whatever it was matter of money and the way anime is made, that they could only afford to do it with 2 13 episodes seasons or that they really thought it was enough to fit everything that they thought mattered to the story into that frame as well as whatever they weren't allowed to change story too drastically or they actually thought the story was fine as it is and didn't want to change it more. Considering they did make some very major changes, I don't think that was a issue in particular.

last edited at Mar 29, 2020 6:56AM

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Between Asteroids in love and Oshibudo it's hard to pick a favorite show this season, but I have to say Oshibudo is making a very strong point with this official video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvmru9lsCTM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Would you believe that we got a Yuri kiss from Isekai Quartet and between Ram and Rem. Context is, they're playing Cinderella. Ram play Cinderella and Rem the prince.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Well they are LN characters so course there's incest.
:^)

joined Jan 6, 2017

This is what should have happened after "I love Emilia"

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I couldn't enjoy BNA (Brand New Animal, a furry anime by Trigger), I recently saw Beastars, I thought it was pretty good but the love drama between the 2 wolfs was unnecessary imo so I thought, let's give Trigger a chance too but eeewww. The sheer amount of super racism, idiocy and lack of logic even in a world like this was too much for me, the protagonist almost gets butchered for trying to escape to a safe zone, apparently there's a vast group of people who spend their lives just waiting in the border to see if they can kill anyone passing by... With some luck, the protagonist escaped to the safe zone but there she finds furry mercenaries who don't mind killing their own people (including her in the attack) in a festival just for a few bucks paid by humans who hate the idea that these furries are having a festival where they can't even see it... At this point I was really mad but then a wolf guy comes and saves the anime by punching his way through these mercenaries and making sure all their bones are broken properly BUT that was interrupted by the protagonist who FELT SORRY FOR THEM and got really mad with the wolf and TRIED TO PROTECT THE MERCENARIES ... give me a break, the last mercenary still standing tried to cut her neck 5 seconds ago... I can't.... I don't know what's worse, the super racism or the protagonist but wow, drop in the first episode! not to mention they did something too similar with Promare already

Last time I felt this much disgust with a protagonist was with Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul

last edited at Apr 1, 2020 2:44PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

So Tamayomi has now begun.
Some people have been hyping this one up for a while (since last year!) so I decided to give it a try. I don't know anything about baseball, but it does keep my interest and it does seem to start with some good subtext between the MCs. It's totally possible that it goes nowhere, but MC at least rubbed her face all over her childhood friend's tummy and kept saying how she loves her smell. And if Shamiko has taught me anything, those are very good signs.

Between Asteroids in love and Oshibudo it's hard to pick a favorite show this season, but I have to say Oshibudo is making a very strong point with this official video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvmru9lsCTM

I always appreciate when companies go out of their way to make their own AMVs haha! And this one's focused on the only thing that matters too. Very good.
For me it's not even a question which is better. Budoukan had me always entertained, while Koisuru managed to actually drag a lot which is a bit sad.

PS: Jesus Christ Nevri. I guess this proves that Dynasty doesn't have a character limit after all.

last edited at Apr 2, 2020 3:23PM

Tumblr_pt8ll4hf781saqlhvo1_500
joined Mar 12, 2018

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun is getting better and better. Episode 10 was lit and I'm so excited to see how they'll manage all of this. But yeah, who says big "monster" says plain boy Touma. I expect him showing a lot in the next episodes (with Gunha).

Anyway, Misaki is such a cutie. I love how they connected her with the Sisters. And I love her dynamic with Misaka. Even though they're cute together, I miss Kuroko, Uiharu, Saten and Misaka as a team !

Misaka reaching lvl 6 is the biggest plot twist of the anime. I wasn't expecting her to be Gensei's target. And yet, her transformation gave me so much chills, even though she looks like Killua mixed with Pikachu.
And Gensei is so cool as a villain. He's the definition of a mad scientist and I love it so much.

Honestly, this anime is the best one of the whole toaru franchise. Its plot and animation are always on point, and Misaka is such a charismatic MC (can't say the same for Touma...).

The fishing anime was fun, I have only been fishing like three times before and this anime reminded me to go fishing again (well it will be a while after the lockdown finishes)

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Japan and CR diffusing 11 episode og Jashin dropkick at once make me less eager to watch it. One episode by week is best.

One episode by week is best.

Same, I used to be good at binge-watching but recently I prefer watching stuff slowly over time

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Bang dream ended with a BANG!!! ep 12 and 13 has been released, and it was beautiful, what an amazing performance...But Raise a Suilen and Rosellia were unbeatable, I can't pick a song over the other! but really, seeing the 3 bands working together was great, it really made me all teared up, and it was a super improvement from season 2 that was filled with grief and hardships... S2 wasn't bad, but the tone was different, s3 feels like 90% enjoyment with just enough drama to make it through the end.

Also Pareo is a lolic- I mean she LOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEEEES chu2 a lot hahaha, in the last song when the lyrics says Ai Shiteru, Pareo made sure to say it to her haha, is not even subtext, is not possible to separate them now.

SO yeah, amazing songs, amazing performance and I cried and laughed :)))))) but there's not enough Happy world so 5/10 sorry :/

PS: I cringed a little with the revelations that the kira kira were the friends they made along the way, it was unintentionally funny

Tamayomi drawings look very simple but when they move is so smooth !! sometimes it almost feels like 60fps

last edited at Apr 8, 2020 8:56PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Tamayomi drawings look very simple but when they move is so smooth !! sometimes it almost feels like 60fps

Except when they use the cursed CG that is also done for idol dance choreography. Something about the artstyle in general is a bit unsettling. The faces are too small or off model? I dunno.

Either way Tamayomi has some quick pace. We already got 8/9 baseball team members and a manager/supervisor in episode 2.

Also about 3 pairings are starting to manifest huehue

last edited at Apr 9, 2020 4:30AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Someone is not into twincest I see.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Someone is not into twincest I see.

Wincest has to be earned.

Joking aside, I don't think the story has given any particular push for that kind of subtext, so I won't put on any more goggles than I already am legally obligated to when watching this type of anime.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Didn't realise when i was watching but Bofuri insert song Good NIght is fully sing in English and also quite a bit gay if you consider it's about Maple and Sally.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Didn't realise when i was watching but Bofuri insert song Good NIght is fully sing in English and also quite a bit gay if you consider it's about Maple and Sally.

[insert the way OneTopic says "Hmmm" here]

Daruizen is definitely my favourite general out of the 3 so far

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

The MC of Wave Listen to Me! has struck me as flagpole straight so it's probably just some kind of a tease, but the preview for next week at the end of ep. 2 is of dynastic interest.

To reply you must either login or sign up.