Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

Least favorite pair for me is Mio and Shizuka. They just don’t work. It looks like that Shizuka forces herself into relationships with Mio all the time.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^^Japanese girls cut their hair to move on from a heartbreak etc. Also in this case, her X loved and praised her long hair as we see- she kept it long because her X liked it like that- so cutting it is doubly a way of moving on.

^The chapters where she thought she would loose Mio looked NOTHING like she was forcing herself.

She simply has had a very hard time letting go her X, even tho she knows she HAS to move on, its harder to do than say. She would look like that with ANYONE else too- but you can't say she doesn't want to be with Mio after those chapters..

last edited at Feb 18, 2020 3:32AM

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

Yeah. No. What I see is that she constantly thinking: this girl is sweet and love me and dedicated to me, isn’t it what I wanted? And forces herself despite all. Because of that she kissed Kaoru back then and can’t think about Mio, but only about her time with Kaoru. She promised Mio, yeah, she the good girl, right. She can’t do otherwise. But you feel free to think otherwise, lol.

last edited at Feb 18, 2020 3:45AM

Someroughclipping
joined Aug 28, 2019

^^Japanese girls cut their hair to move on from a heartbreak etc.

I forgot about that. Well considering the manga track record with having girls cut their hair to signify the end of a relationship, I'll give her the benefit of doubt this one time. I really do hope Shizuka stops being so affected by Kaoru already. But I guess it must be difficult to get over an ex that you bump into every day, especially when she only recently stopped emotionally manipulating you after she found a new girl to fixate on.

5%20(1)~2
joined Dec 13, 2019

Just japanese girls?

Someroughclipping
joined Aug 28, 2019

Just japanese girls?

I assumed this was just a recurring theme in manga. Are there girls actually doing this in real life?

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

I wish Mio was a bit more pushy? I feel almost like Shizuka misses the domineering aspect of Kaoru as much as anything. I normally don't like analysis of everything as top/bottom, but definitely in this case I feel there is something like that. Or like a strong flavor, Kaoru tends to overwhelm, especially for Shizuka. Mio is pretty close to vanilla. Vanilla is a great flavor, but pretty much everything overwhelms it.

I like Mio a lot so I hope this doesn't turn to shit, but definitely I feel like it's unbalanced. Shizuka is trying but unless Mio steps up somehow I don't see how it can hold together. I'm not trying to blame Mio, just that Shizuka can't will her way out of something so obviously outside of her willpower. She's trying to be good but to actually be good in this case requires her to be grabbed - psychologically and sexually - more forcefully.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

^I think the last thing Shizuka needs is Mio trying to be some kind of Kaoru-lite imitation and I don't see that doing anything to help her move on. If anything someone so completely different from Kaoru who actually sincerely respects her and her boundaries is good for her and her recovery from what was basically an emotionally abusive relationship.

432027e9-d7bf-4855-8947-d2e8c86accea
joined Jun 3, 2018

I can't help but feel this impending dread everytime I see Shizuka in a chapter. The way she's acting is pretty indicative of someone who's definitely not over Kaoru. I am reluctantly awaiting the day she truly destroys Mio's heart once and for all.

Also Tokino should get with Onibi. I get that a lot of people think she only sees Onibi as someone to be respected based on their interests, however that mutual respect between them could be a viable foundation for a romantic relationship. Plus they both suffer from superman syndrome, that's got to mean something.

last edited at Feb 18, 2020 5:21AM

Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

Well damn, Shizuka be looking fine with that new...

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

Wow, some really thirsty for blood, lol. These girls are teenagers, even if some of them not right they don’t deserve to suffer. I think all of them can do better because of love and fulfilling relationships. For my least favorite couple, Mio and Shizuka, I just want some sincere feelings from Shizuka, some nice interactions like among Ai and Chie or Mari and Yuu. I want to see that their relationships work because they comfortable, not forced. And Kaoru x Tokino-mask-sempai is just hilarious, give me more.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Good decision. Cutting your hair, cutting your past.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I just want some sincere feelings from Shizuka, some nice interactions like among Ai and Chie or Mari and Yuu.

Will be boring ngl. Shizuka's relation with Kaoru was toxic and not something that can get ride like that. Like you said they're teenagers, it's not like Shizuka don't truly love Mio. See how heartbreak she was when Mio told her she want to break. She is much more afraid of losing Mio than losing Kaoru. Same with the hair, like said before, it's getting over the past, with that Shizuka shown she want to get over Kaoru for real. Don't forget the relation between Shizuka and Kaoru was toxic and Kaoru really make Shizuka guilty and all. For Shizuka it was probably her first relation and she gone throught some shit.She has suffer a lot from the relation because of that and i think seeing Kaoru don't get affected by that is internally making her mad. "How can she can go on like that after all she have done ?" is probably what Shizuka is thinking. For me, cutting her hair is a proof that she want to get over Kaoru and she really love Mio. They will probably talk about it and Mio will understand and accept it.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Yeah you all need to remember that Shizuka was the one to actually cut off with Kaoru even when she was blackmailing her. She said to herself she will never go back to her. It's just that she's really confused and disillusioned.
I think she just needs some time and to work a bit on herself.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

GeneralJ posted:

Kaoru things she is in control of the situation, but Tokino has her wrapped around her finger hahahha

Also Tokino should get with Onibi. I get that a lot of people think she only sees Onibi as someone to be respected based on their interests, however that mutual respect between them could be a viable foundation for a romantic relationship. Plus they both suffer from superman syndrome, that's got to mean something.

Unlike a lot of people I like Kaoru and want her and Mask to end up together, I also think Onibi and Tokino is good, but above all I think Onibi and Nao is the ship with most potencial for craziness in this entire manga.

Onibi and Nao Team here

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

Will be boring ngl.

Yeah, heh, I can get very obvious symbolism with her cutting hair. Cutting of past, etc. I want then “boring” (not boring for me at least) interaction showing that she loves Mio and not her doing right thing accepting this sweet loving girl just because she was good enough. I just don't want them breakup, what seem more logical for moving at wholesomeness for Shizuka. She needs to be alone for some time to be fair.

I think she just needs some time and to work a bit on herself.

Yes, I agree. Thanks for chapter, as always!

last edited at Feb 18, 2020 8:18AM

joined Jul 26, 2019

I like the principle that mask and kaoru is a relationship in the end and it could work. Because kaoru has always been the dominant and seductive one in these couples.
The mask would be the one who made herself wanted, who doesn't have the same view on love as kaoru and the others. She would be the "leader" of the couple and kaoru the follower.
It could be very funny in the future!

For onibi it is clearly towards nao that her story is taking shape.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Will be boring ngl.

Yeah, heh, I can get very obvious symbolism with her cutting hair. Cutting of past, etc. I want then “boring” (not boring for me at least) interaction showing that she loves Mio and not her doing right thing accepting this sweet loving girl just because she was good enough. I just don't want them breakup, what seem more logical for moving at wholesomeness for Shizuka. She needs to be alone for some time to be fair.

Still need Shizuka to get past Kaoru sorry. Their relation was too important for Shizuka to get ride like that. She is mostly over it and cutting her hair for cutting the past" was a step in the right direction. Mio/Shizuka will never be an easy relationship because of Shizuka's past and it's for the better. I don't want all the relation to be happy cause it will be boring if all where "Everything is awesome".

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

I don't want all the relation to be happy

Well, I didn't say happy all the time, am I? Bits of sincerity is appreciated.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I don't want all the relation to be happy

Well, I didn't say happy all the time, am I? Bits of sincerity is appreciated.

Till Shizuka is not completly over, I don't really see it happen.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I'm ultimately into Tokino x Kaoru more, but Shizuka x Tokino could be a pretty fun disaster!

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

So, she truly loves Mio, in your version, but there can’t be one-two scenes with sincere feel? Well, we’ll see. I'll be waiting, lol.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Which pairings are people most excited for, by the way?

I enjoy pretty much everyone, but I'm champing at the bit for Yumimi x Nononon to happen.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

So, she truly loves Mio, in your version, but there can’t be one-two scenes with sincere feel? Well, we’ll see. I'll be waiting, lol.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch186#1 But there is already some thought.

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

I think Shizuka either Will end up betraying Mio or Mio herself will end things with her once she realizes Shizuka Will never get over Kaoru and will terminate the relationship because she believes Shizuka will be happier with Kaoru.

To reply you must either login or sign up.