Forum › Whispering You a Love Song discussion

23131889_285323998648077_5029786755005305904_n
joined Jan 11, 2019

Damn Himari, don't keep the girl waiting too long ;-;
Also, since Yori x Aki isn't happening, it'd be nice if somehow Aki and Momoka senpai fell for each other

last edited at Feb 7, 2020 2:08PM

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Thank fucking god someone pointed out that wanting to fall in love with someone, not because of societal pressure but just because of that person, is just... being in love with them.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Thank fucking god someone pointed out that wanting to fall in love with someone, not because of societal pressure but just because of that person, is just... being in love with them.

Yeah but what if you don't love them back ?

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Damn Himari, don't keep the girl waiting too long ;-;
Also, since Yori x Aki isn't happening, it'd be nice if somehow Aki and Momoka senpai fell for each other

Finally! A craccship I can stand behind! And yes, I misspelled it on purpose to give it some extra meme value.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Now those are some strong YagaKimi vibes.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Wanting to fall in love with someone because they're in love with you is still social pressure. I'm kind of annoyed at Himari because she apparently hasn't even given the concept of "do I want physical intimacy with this person" any thought in her alleged efforts to determine how she feels about Yori despite it being like the most obvious possible baseline to start from vis a vis romantic feelings even if it's not definitive. Makes it seems like she actually hasn't given this any real thought until Aki kicked her in the ass with a deadline.

last edited at Feb 7, 2020 4:37PM

The first part got me a bit worried but Momoka is literally one of the best girls I've seen

last edited at Feb 7, 2020 4:58PM by

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Everything just wants to be Bloom Into You nowadays.

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

I hope Aki gets a happy ending too, she deserves it.

Even if it's a decently written love triangle, I still don't like love triangles.

last edited at Feb 7, 2020 5:51PM

Rps20190516_131448
joined Feb 8, 2019

I ship Momoka x Aki~

Even if it's a decently written love triangle, I still don't like love triangles.

x2

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Wanting to fall in love with someone because they're in love with you is still social pressure. I'm kind of annoyed at Himari because she apparently hasn't even given the concept of "do I want physical intimacy with this person" any thought in her alleged efforts to determine how she feels about Yori despite it being like the most obvious possible baseline to start from vis a vis romantic feelings even if it's not definitive. Makes it seems like she actually hasn't given this any real thought until Aki kicked her in the ass with a deadline.

I don't think she does because of social pressure though - she wants to fall in love with her because she legitimately admires her as a person and wants to be with her and get closer to her, not just because she wants to fall in love in the abstract - in contrast to in BiY. Imo, wanting to be with and get closer to someone that loves you is at least some form of love, if not romantic (and to me different forms other than familial are slightly less clearly divided than to many other people).

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Aki is being so reasonable about all of this. It makes it sad that she's got no prospects outside of Yori. She's like the pinnacle of the "suffering best friend" character.

Nobody:
Dynasty Scans: The friendzone exists for lesbians

Christ you guys, every time....

last edited at Feb 7, 2020 7:27PM

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Aki is being so reasonable about all of this. It makes it sad that she's got no prospects outside of Yori. She's like the pinnacle of the "suffering best friend" character.

Nobody:

Yeah... being friends with people is actually good, even if they're not attracted to you and you are to them. I very much know.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Nobody:

I’ve been pushing for my name for the character type: Tomolo = The Other, More Overtly Lesbian One.

Whatever form she takes, she’s absolute catnip for Dynasty readers.

And the more obviously it’s Never Gonna Happen with the MC the more fervently the audience ships them, or begs the heavens for a substitute in order to Pair the Spares.

(Among the many brilliant moves of YagaKimi was spinning off the Queen of the Tomolos, Sayaka, into her own LN series, thus satisfying the deepest yearnings of the doomed shippers while clearing the sea lanes for the OTP to hold to their destined course.)

last edited at Feb 7, 2020 7:42PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Nobody:

Yeah... being friends with people is actually good, even if they're not attracted to you and you are to them. I very much know.

Everybody need friends.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Physical sexual desire and romantic love don't necessarily need to overlap.

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

I know, it’s unfair, because there so much more of this boring cliché stories, but this is so booooring and tiring, so and by the book. I really like the art, it’s a shame that story and most of the characters is so underwhelming.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Aki is unfair. It's not because Himari would eventually reject Yori that Yori would automatically go out with Aki later. First, she didn't confess, but if and when she does, she will put Yori in the exact same situation Himari is. She wants to be the one to "make Yori happy", but she would eventually make her miserable. And she's putting the pressure on Himari to reject Yori for her own selfish desire when she doesn't have the courage to confess.

Himari is unfair, because she makes Yori wait. But it's not like she has to answer to Yori's feelings right away.

Yori is unfair, because with her confession she put the pressure on Himari to answer positively or hurt her, which Himari obviously doesn't want to, because she likes Yori (romantically or not is the central question there).

Love is unfair and selfish, alright.

^Sex between women exists. Fact of life...

last edited at Feb 8, 2020 5:47AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I think sometimes, you just need simple analogies to make sense of complicated things. Himari's been so hung up over needing to experience a certain kind of "love" that having Momoko simply tell her "cooking for someone seems like love to me" is just what she needed. The fact so many users are going "that's not how love works" just kinda reinforces the series' concept of different approaches to love. There's love at first sight, love you get from sudden events, love that grows over time, and indeed, love that you aren't aware already exists until someone puts it in a way that's simple to understand.

As for Momoka-senpai, the vol2 extras should give some insight once they get typesetted.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Aki is unfair. It's not because Himari would eventually reject Yori that Yori would automatically go out with Aki later. First, she didn't confess, but if and when she does, she will put Yori in the exact same situation Himari is. She wants to be the one to "make Yori happy", but she would eventually make her miserable. And she's putting the pressure on Himari to reject Yori for her own selfish desire when she doesn't have the courage to confess.

I mean, given how Aki said it. It's Sayaka's situation all over again, she know her crush is not interested in romance and so they prefer stay by their side instead of trying something they know it will fail. I can't really blame Aki to not trying until now since it seem that Yori wasn't interested in romance before she met Himari. She know about the situation and she is clearly mad that the one she love is hurt because Himari is clearly unsure of her feeling when Yori has given proof she love her. She is mad because she had to keep her feelings in checks because it was unrequited when the Yori has feelings for is playing chicken. I really think Aki just throw an empty threat, she know that Yori probably won't fall into her arms if Himari reject her but can't help it because she thought that if Yori can have feelings for Himari then she probably have a little chance.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Reading a story is about being a moral inquisitor in a hypothetical court of virtue where you compare the behavior of fictional characters to the ultimate ideal behavior, as defined by you, then praise them or (more likely) blame them for falling short of your standards.

So off with all their heads!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Sometimes i really fail to understand what the point of those kind of intervention you do.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I can't tell if I should be glad or bored by seeing Blastaar come in with satirical posts again.
One part of me wants to say "Oh great! Blastaar is using satire again!" genuinely, while the other wants to say that same thing sarcastically.

last edited at Feb 8, 2020 8:32AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Sometimes i really fail to understand what the point of those kind of intervention you do.

I just find these “I’m shedding tears of anger because this story failed to reflect my own personal values back to me in every detail” posts alternately sad, stupid, and kind of hilarious.

Sometimes Dynasty threads come off like the court of Wonderland packed to the rafters with Queens of Hearts.

Edited to reflect Lilliwyt's clarification.

last edited at Feb 8, 2020 9:25AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Wasn't really trying to be mean thought.

To reply you must either login or sign up.