Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Now that just sound like convenient magic to justify it.

I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned straight out anywhere besides here and Sailor Nothing, but clearly this must be the usual case, seeing how magical girls are never recognized despite almost always looking the same as usual, just with different clothes.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

luinthoron posted:

I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned straight out anywhere besides here and Sailor Nothing, but clearly this must be the usual case, seeing how magical girls are never recognized despite almost always looking the same as usual, just with different clothes.

I think that it's exactly meant to be a joke how nobody ever figures out identities of magical girls despite them looking exactly the same and only changing costumes, which also happens to work like convenient explanation so you won't question it. Also something, something, don't expect a serious explanation in comedy manga.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^In this case, yes, clearly.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

I knew it! Clark Kent is actually a magical girl!

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Great one.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Mahou Shoujo Spec-Ops Asuka. There again, she went and blew her cover at the first opportunity.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

The only time I remember the girls being recognized is Madoka Magica, but we conveniently don't see any normies who know them see them while in cosplay transformed, so we technically don't know for sure if it doesn't apply.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Beefaroni posted:

I knew it! Clark Kent is actually a magical girl!

I already made that joke when we first learned that.

last edited at Jan 8, 2020 12:45PM

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

I honestly love this.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Have a little christmas gift! (With some delay). What the characters say after the chapters and a little tankobon bonus at the end ^^ here

So the first volume is only 5 chapter long ? So why on Mangadex, it's up to Ch.7 ?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Lilliwyt posted:

So the first volume is only 5 chapter long ? So why on Mangadex, it's up to Ch.7 ?

Probably nobody changed it.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Polioro posted:

Have a little christmas gift! (With some delay). What the characters say after the chapters and a little tankobon bonus at the end ^^ here

Quick translation. Read right to left.

Page 1
"Let's get along from now on."
"I don't want to~~"

Page 2
"Laughed too much"
"My stomach hurts..."

Page 3
"T-that girl..."
"What the hell she was thinking..."

Page 4
"Fighting bare handed"
"is the best <3"

(Totally normal thing for magical girl to say)

(Read from top to bottom)

Page 5

Panel 1
"Tres Magia are here!"
"Prepare yourself Enormeeta!"

Panel 3
"We won!"
"What the? That was too easy."

Panel 1
"Magia Baiser... Just who she could be?"
"Hmmm..."

Panel 2
I found few meanings for howan sfx and I'm not sure which one is correct here, because I don't really get the joke

Panel 4
"Isn't she totally a mysterious moleman?"
"Huh!?"
"H-how!?"

Page 6

Panel 1
"So it appeared! The evil organization!"
"I, Magia Magenta, will be the one facing you!"

Panel 2
"Kyuun, kyui~n."
"Bibibibibibibi-"

Panel 3
"Kyaa-, oh no!"
"Ugggh... it hurts...!"

Panel 4
"So, rehearsing fighting against Tres Magia?"

Panel 1
"Everyone, it's Enormeeta~"
"Fast, hid somewhere~"

Panel 2
"Leave... that way nobody will see me..."
"It's such a pain, I'll knock it down quickly..."

Panel 3
sfx: stare

Panel 4
"Don't even dare to think I'll forgive you scaring everyone like that!"

Page 7

Hiiragi Utena

Birthday: 14th November
Favorite Food: Jelly​
Disliked Food: Spicy Food
Latest Mystery: My skin is extremely glossy.

Fairy of the Gilded Lilies
joined Jul 27, 2018

I don't get it...

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Fairy of the Gilded Lilies posted:

I don't get it...

Unless I got it wrong, apparently recently her skin is very shiny. I don't really get it either. Maybe her getting turned on by torturing girls makes it to sparkle? Being sadistic is good for skin constitution? Anyway, it's supposed to be recent mysterious thing that happened so.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Like any vigorous physical activity, sex helps improve blood circulation, increasing the flow of oxygen to the skin and other organs. “This boost in circulation is what brightens the complexion and gives your skin that glow,” says Dr. Joel Schlessinger, M.D., a board-certified dermatologist and RealSelf contributor “ It also increases your heart rate, which gets the blood flowing.”

This is actually a long runnin' joke in anime, not because they actually had sex but because they had experiences similar to orgasm or with a lot of pleasure.... I've seen it a lot as a gag.

last edited at Jan 9, 2020 2:08PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

Like any vigorous physical activity, sex helps improve blood circulation, increasing the flow of oxygen to the skin and other organs. “This boost in circulation is what brightens the complexion and gives your skin that glow,” says Dr. Joel Schlessinger, M.D., a board-certified dermatologist and RealSelf contributor “ It also increases your heart rate, which gets the blood flowing.”

This is actually a long runnin' joke in anime, not because they actually had sex but because they had experiences similar to orgasm or with a lot of pleasure.... I've seen it a lot as a gag.

Ok lol. That's actually funny xD

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Hey Nevri, can I add your tranlation in the photos description? I'll say you are the one who tranlated it, of course ^^

Idk, the second tome will be released in april but this one has only 5 chapters, yeah.

Talking about her glossy skin, that joke was from the last chapter of the tome :P
huehuehue

last edited at Jan 10, 2020 1:47PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Polioro posted:

Hey Nevri, can I add your tranlation in the photos description? I'll say you are the one who tranlated it, of course ^^

Oh sure, go ahead ;3

Talking about her glossy skin, that joke was from the last chapter of the tome :P
huehuehue

Oh, it was a while since I read those so I didn't remember that xD

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Hey Nevri, I also have the Tsuki no Suppin tankobon, do you mind doing the same? At least for the chapters that are already here (the first tankobon has 14) so you won't get spoiled hahaha

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Polioro posted:

Hey Nevri, I also have the Tsuki no Suppin tankobon, do you mind doing the same? At least for the chapters that are already here (the first tankobon has 14) so you won't get spoiled hahaha

Oh sure. I don't actually follow it (checked only first few chapters) so I don't mind doing all.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Ohhh, thank you so much then ^^
The chapters already translated here
The chapter who aren't translated yet here
My pulse and mobile camera are shiet. Sorry TT

last edited at Jan 10, 2020 2:26PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Checking last raw Utena and Kiwi got a new allie and it's a loli.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Checking last raw Utena and Kiwi got a new allie and it's a loli.

And incredible powerful too. I can't get enought of that manga ;^;

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Awwww how cute. Sometimes evil just needs a little nap.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Yeah. The mascots are definitely working together.

Also, I don't think I like the new girl. Her design is nice and all, but her power is a bit too broken to be interesting. It seems like she just wins unless a deus ex machina stops her. Sure, she technically has some sort of time limit on her power use, but that's so ill defined that it's no better than plot convenience.

To reply you must either login or sign up.