Forum › ∞ discussion

Fb_img_1519001452689
joined Feb 14, 2018

d'aaaw she has unconditional love

38611606_p02
joined Feb 17, 2019

Well... I guess there's no limit on how dense you can be...

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Flanny posted:

Well... I guess there's no limit on how dense you can be...

It's, in fact, infinite.

So I guess she's the ultimate useless lesbian?

Itshappening
joined Feb 13, 2013

This is going to be frustrating as all heck...I want a full series

Cerberus_pikomarie-supersmall
joined Feb 27, 2019

I'm more interested in knowing how it jumped from 64 to infinity

puberty hits like a truck sometimes

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

This is infinitely cute

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Am I the only one wondering if infinite affection is really a good thin in this case? She said the scale normally goes from 0-100, with 100 being romantic love. ∞ seems like it would indicate some sort of mental illness or obsession. I'd be pretty worried if I found out my friend was a cell phone away from turning into Yuno Gasai.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I think it means that it can't decrease, it's unconditional love. It doesn't mean that she will go yandere exactly, in fact, it could mean that if the MC goes yandere, she will continue to love her anyway

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

There's already explanation in the story. She loves her so much, she can't even count it.

Profile%20picture%20leaaaaaaaaaaaaf
joined Jan 27, 2019

UNLIMITED LOVE WORKS

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

real adorable...

now if only we could get more Honto no Kokoro... does this mangaka have a thing for weird and highly specific special abilities?

last edited at Jan 10, 2020 10:34PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

There's already explanation in the story. She loves her so much, she can't even count it.

Yup- it more means 'uncountable' or without end - or at least an end she is aware of, i think :)
Infinity isnt a 'big' number- its not really a number at all, its a concept, so you can't really say its some huge amount above 100 that isnt healthy- it isnt any 'amount' above it- more like something beyond it, and thats all.

Fb_img_1541915801697
joined Oct 21, 2018

This is just the creepypasta "Number" but cute and wholesome xD

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

real adorable...

now if only we could get more Honto no Kokoro... does this mangaka have a thing for weird and highly specific special abilities?

She clearly does. To be precise, abilities that let you read what's in the "real heart" of people around you.

Speaking about real hearts, too bad about Honto no Kokoro... it's been nearly a year since chapter 13, but no new stuff...

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Also- I think it would be kinda bad to see the numbers if you got fixated on them.. seeing your friends or families numbers drop, wondering what you did that day that they didnt like, getting hung up on getting them to go up etc etc - but I think you'd want to ignore that kinda stuff if you made a cute manga series of this idea.

Yeah, yuri doesn't need to go all Black Mirror .-.

...I'm a bit against everybody calling the MC "dense". She's just uninformed (on that particular symbol). She has one reference to the symbol, though, and while it leads her to the wrong one, it gives her a - to her - satisfying conclusion (a buggy 8) that negates her need to do further research.
Her ability is a mystery, to herself as well it seems; she may be used to figuring things out on her own (like the scaling system).
The fact she never came across the infinity symbol any other way, depends on the japanese schooling system and her interest in educating herself beyond school / what hobbies she has / had or even parental influences.

Either way, I would like this premise as a full series. Not sure it would work on this chapter, though... but might as well .-.
It was short, but entertaining to read :)

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

The way I understood manga calling her idiot, it was more that seeing the symbol instead of thinking harder about it and trying to make sure she understood it correctly, she just accepted the first explanation she arrived at and didn't question it further. She's a idiot in the sense, that the way she arrived at her conclusion was stupid. Also I understood the "bugged" part more as in, she sees her power like a game system or something and she thinks the 8 in her power display for that person is bugged. Normally you'd say kicked down, or laying 8, instead of bugged.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I'm more interested in knowing how it jumped from 64 to infinity

And I was wondering the same. She was like, "I must have done something," and I'm thinking, "You definitely had to have done something..."

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

If she were a weapon from the Rat's canon, she would be a short-life singularity projectile.

last edited at Jan 12, 2020 12:39PM

Popte_pop_54
joined Jun 25, 2019

So dense she singlehandedly rehabilitates geocentrism.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The way I understood manga calling her idiot, it was more that seeing the symbol instead of thinking harder about it and trying to make sure she understood it correctly, she just accepted the first explanation she arrived at and didn't question it further.

It is a rather interesting question how things like the meaning of the infinity symbol get into one’s head—I certainly can’t remember where I learned it, but I’m sure it wasn’t a math class. Might well have been a comic book.

A slight parallel might be something like the ankh symbol (although that doesn’t have much of a consistent modern usage)—at some point it entered my mind as “ancient Egyptian thing,” but where, how or why I haven’t the slightest idea.

joined Oct 22, 2018

A slight parallel might be something like the ankh symbol (although that doesn’t have much of a consistent modern usage)—at some point it entered my mind as “ancient Egyptian thing,” but where, how or why I haven’t the slightest idea.

I also don't know where, how or why the ankh entered my mind as "ancient Egyptian thing", but I have, in the recent two or so years, started associating it mostly with the flag of Egypt of episodes 2 through 8 of Neu Katz's AFOW.

9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

How is it that no one ever seems to know what an infinity symbol is?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Firefly Fanatic posted:

How is it that no one ever seems to know what an infinity symbol is?

I learned thanks to Samurai champloo

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

An actual idiot. I've never seen someone who doesn't know the symbol of "infinity"...

joined Oct 22, 2018

Holy fudge! I just realized I can put this post of mine on r/RareInsults! Thanks, my own shower thoughts!

To reply you must either login or sign up.