Forum › It's a Detached Relationship. discussion

Images
joined Apr 1, 2018

Gentle yuri loving! Hopefully it will stay that way and not stoop to using phallic items.

"Gentle"...

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

Thank you for those links Shawn. Having just gone through chapter 4 of the Spanish translation with google and microsoft translate, I have to say to makes a lot more sense now. Page 23 of the English translation Aya says "so we're "friends" now?" whereas using google/microsft for the Spanish version it comes out as "Should I be that best "friend" of yours?" which then Sei agrees to, which makes going foward with Sei openly calling her Yoru make a lot more sense.

Unfortunately the English translation appears to be a bit of a botch job, it is even missing a page on chapter 4 and for some reason on page 23, the 3rd panel they have removed Sei's eye. Shame, this series could do with a proper English translation.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Unfortunately the English translation appears to be a bit of a botch job, it is even missing a page on chapter 4 and for some reason on page 23, the 3rd panel they have removed Sei's eye. Shame, this series could do with a proper English translation.

Feel free to help then. You can go on Mangadex and ask the person if she need help.

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

Feel free to help then. You can go on Mangadex and ask the person if she need help.

Beyond doing what the English translation appears to be already doing and that is using google to do it from the Spanish, I don't think I can be of much help.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Beyond doing what the English translation appears to be already doing and that is using google to do it from the Spanish, I don't think I can be of much help.

I think the translation will have been way more butcher if it was simply a translation from spanish version. Especially when you said that a sentence got change from the 2 versions.

have to say to makes a lot more sense now. Page 23 of the English translation Aya says "so we're "friends" now?" whereas using google/microsft for the Spanish version it comes out as "Should I be that best "friend" of yours?" which then Sei agrees to, which makes going foward with Sei openly calling her Yoru make a lot more sense.

Japanese is not an easy langugae to translate thought and it's probably whateach translator understand from the sentence. Without the raws, it isn't quite possible to know which one is better. The first still make sense and i don't see anyone really picking on it.

last edited at Jan 6, 2020 7:49PM

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

I think the translation will have been way more butcher if it was simply a translation from spanish version. Especially when you said that a sentence got change from the 2 versions.

have to say to makes a lot more sense now. Page 23 of the English translation Aya says "so we're "friends" now?" whereas using google/microsft for the Spanish version it comes out as "Should I be that best "friend" of yours?" which then Sei agrees to, which makes going foward with Sei openly calling her Yoru make a lot more sense.

Japanese is not an easy langugae to translate thought and it's probably whateach translator understand from the sentence. Without the raws, it isn't quite possible to know which one is better. The first still make sense and i don't see anyone really picking on it.

The raw is available in 4chan if you asked for it.

last edited at Jan 6, 2020 7:57PM

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

The reason I think the English might be a google job from the Spanish, is after going through the whole of chapter 4 using google myself, the sentences that google managed to translate into readable sentences that made sense to the imagery/story were exactly the same as the English version, the sentences that google translated poorly, didn't really make sense and I would say were interpreted and change to what the person thought to be more accurate to the situation, but still felt a bit awkward.

"This is a shit translation btw. For chapter 4 you'd get closer to the actual script by assuming the opposite meaning of every line of dialogue." from Sol Falling earlier in this thread. Wouldn't mind knowing exactly their reason for this statement, as it appears they would be correct.

As for the raw Japanese, I wouldn't mind seeing that and doing some crap "translating" myself on it to see if things can be interpreted differently.

last edited at Jan 6, 2020 8:50PM

Images
joined Feb 9, 2015

Even​ it​ is​ yuri, I​ can't​ ignore how​ toxic​​ of​ this​ relationship.​ I​ don't​ want​ to​ ship​ them​ together.​

joined Sep 6, 2018

I see NTR on the horizon.

This one is as messed up, or twisted, as “Kimi wa Shoujo”.

last edited at Jan 6, 2020 9:03PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Even​ it​ is​ yuri, I​ can't​ ignore how​ toxic​​ of​ this​ relationship.​ I​ don't​ want​ to​ ship​ them​ together.​

Thing is, it's most likely the endgame anyway. Aya is tired of Haruki's shit and rather have a toxic "replacement play" relationship with Kuro. Unless Kuro has a change of heart to decide to throw back Aya into Haruki, i don't see how Aya will go back to Haruki.

Images
joined Feb 9, 2015

Thing is, it's most likely the endgame anyway. Aya is tired of Haruki's shit and rather have a toxic "replacement play" relationship with Kuro. Unless Kuro has a change of heart to decide to throw back Aya into Haruki, i don't see how Aya will go back to Haruki.

I​ don't​ mind​ that​ she​ used​ her​ as​ a​ replacement.​ But​ the​ fact​ that​ Aya is​ still​ minor​ and​ Sei​ is​ a full​y​ grown adult​ (plus, teacher). She​ exploit​ed​ teenager's​ loneliness, threaten​ed her​ to​ meet​ in​ person​ and​ (try​ to)​ raped​ her in​ the​ first​ meeting.​ It​ reminds​ me​ the​ dating​ app​ crime​ that​ happen​ in​ real​ life.​

joined Jun 3, 2014

Brøther I crave this dämäge

Bro, same

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

A really abhorrent, perverted, and pedophilic manga.

100% agree, I assume you typo'd abhorrent and meant awesome. Or amazing.

Actually, I'm not really much into the whole substitute for broken heart thing. It'd be nicer if they were focused more just on each other. But this manga's about the emotional baggage and drama so it can't be helped.

I​ don't​ mind​ that​ she​ used​ her​ as​ a​ replacement.​ But​ the​ fact​ that​ Aya is​ still​ minor​ and​ Sei​ is​ a full​y​ grown adult​ (plus, teacher).

Funny, I have the exact opposite problem

last edited at Jan 7, 2020 5:43AM

Screenshot_1.0
joined Feb 10, 2019

i love student x teacher but its not cute anymore .
and idk if i have to stop reading this manga but the design is very cool.
its like she is forcing herself in this relationshp . the story is a bit stornpalatable

last edited at Jan 7, 2020 9:33AM

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Brøther I crave this dämäge

Bro, same

injects this manga directly into eyeball

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Okay, why are people saying Sei tried to rape Aya in the first meeting? It did start out with her manipulating Aya, but the rest of it didn't seem non-consensual. Sei also stopped immediately when Aya expressed her discomfort. So how is it rape?

(Ignoring the fact that she is 16, which is the age of consent in a lot of countries, including Japan, where it's 14, I think. Forgive me if I'm wrong)

last edited at Jan 7, 2020 8:19AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Okay, why are people saying Sei tried to rape Aya in the first meeting? It did start out with her manipulating Aya, but the rest of it didn't seem non-consensual. Sei also stopped immediately when Aya expressed her discomfort. So how is it rape?

Idk but don't seem Aya was giving her consent here and Kuro kinda drag her in then she kinda assaulting her. I don't know if you can call it rape per se but that's still sexual assault.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Don't you know saying no is just like foreplay? It's more of a flavor text.

Screenshot_1.0
joined Feb 10, 2019

w> > A really abhorrent, perverted, and pedophilic manga.

100% agree, I assume you typo'd abhorrent and meant awesome. Or amazing.

Actually, I'm not really much into the whole substitute for broken heart thing. It'd be nicer if they were focused more just on each other. But this manga's about the emotional baggage and drama so it can't be helped.

I​ don't​ mind​ that​ she​ used​ her​ as​ a​ replacement.​ But​ the​ fact​ that​ Aya is​ still​ minor​ and​ Sei​ is​ a full​y​ grown adult​ (plus, teacher).

Funny, I have the exact opposite problem

yea me too the exact opposite, if she would just forget her past gf who rejected her and be happy with aya(with romance) .... it'd be a good and cute story i mean we're not the
author let's see what will happens but im not rly in this kind of stuff "broken heart" too i think drama is not the best word here

joined Dec 13, 2013

I thinks this story is very interesting, plus the author is really good at portraying their emotions w their expressions.

Usually with other mangas that are adult x minor, the minor is all “oh okay” when they engage sex/romantic stuff. But here Aya actually shows she’s afraid and is hesitant to pursue the relationship, even though it instigates her (i mean, she’s a loner and this is her first experience with attraction and touching so it’s understandable that she’s kinda dumb and conflicted).

so far I don’t think the teacher is a HORRIBLE person, she’s actually pretty normal and only did questionable things, i mean, all the things she did up until chapter 5 were all stuff i could see other people doing without even stretching my eyes (i. e. hating her job and the people in there, using an app to fuck, using someone as replacement bc of her broken heart, going out with a teenager……… yes, that is pretty normalized where i live shrugs)

as for the bestie, she is kind of possessive but i have also dealt with this kind of person, they’re mostly like that bc of insecurity issues and, as a teen, is pretty common. don’t think shes a horrible person either, even though she does has a entitled mindset to think aya MUST tell her everything just bc they’re childhood friends. peaking through her convos was also a invasion of aya’s privacy and a shit move (most of the evil in the world is done by people w good intentions am right) but oh well who didnt do stupid shit when as a teen? though i would like to see some character development on her part, would be interesting to see aya confronting her abt it.

side note: this manga could lead to a love triangle anddd it would be a bit sad, honestly. kinda tired of the “best friend loving mc and being nothing but a nuisance” trope. I hope Haruki is more than that. She has potential.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Idk but don't seem Aya was giving her consent here and Kuro kinda drag her in then she kinda assaulting her. I don't know if you can call it rape per se but that's still sexual assault.

Looks a bit different to me. She was a little forceful, yes. But Aya would have let it happen if she suddenly didn't realize that she was being used as a replacement. So I think she gave silent consent for the act before she stopped Sei. But everyone has their own perspectives. Let's just agree to disagree here.

joined Jun 17, 2015

There are a doujin version of this series before the start of the magazine version, which is basically the story of ch.1:
https://www.pixiv.net/artworks/68365324

Some of the difference of the doujin version from the recent series:
1.There are only two characters: Aya and Kurosaki.
2.They know each other from matching website.
3.Kurosaki is a smoker.
4.After tell Aya to come to her place, Kurosaki hang around in the bar and go home really late(but Aya wait for her anyway).
5.When Aya expressed her discomfort, Kurosaki continue and do everything.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

This can only end well...

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Approaching Femme Fatale levels of non-consensual wet-fish-angst-sex.

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

OH MY GOD THIS IS LIKE... DRAMA CITY. As someone who's been in some not-so-hot online relationships at a not-so-good age, I totally understand how the protagonist feels here.

To reply you must either login or sign up.