Forum › Anime season

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

i'm hoping we do get yuri fantasy anime in the future. Isekia or not. Strongest fairy, that other LN about a girl who just wanted average abilities,Tridente etc..

I found the first, and I think the second might be max level witch?, but I have no idea what "Tridente" is

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/small-village-tridente/

Not really an isekia.. yet, more of an VRRMMO that is actually another world. Unlike the other 2 LNs, the focus is actually on the romance, which is nice.

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/they-said-my-status-stayed-the-same-even-though-i-reincarnated-in-another-world/

Not average, but not wanting anything changed.. but the God does it anyway. Long titles get confusing haha

One day we might get an anime for this https://mangadex.org/title/33268/do-you-think-someone-like-you-could-defeat-the-demon-lord

Its not an isekai but yeah I love the LN and hope it gets an anime soon (the webnovel is good too but the translation is behind)

You can read the LN here

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/%e3%80%8comae-gotoki-ga-maou-ni-kateru-to-omou-na%e3%80%8d-to-yuusha-party-wo-tsuihou-sareta-no-de-outo-de-kimama-ni-kurashitai/?pg=5

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Not really anime stuff but some people gonna start a Symphogear abridged parody https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18h_-gpvwMU

Koisuru Asteroid episode 1 is out, it was really cute and well animated. The opening and ending were both great, the only problem is that I doubt it will go further than subtext

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Koisuru Asteroid episode 1 is out, it was really cute and well animated. The opening and ending were both great, the only problem is that I doubt it will go further than subtext

Such is Kirara's manga anime to be honest. They rarely go beyond subtext. Examples for point : YuruCamp, Comic Girls, Yuyushiki or more recent example Machikado Mazokou. Few Kirara have gone in the yuri zone and even there,it's so little like in Anima Yell with the girl asking the main group to cheer her for her confession to her female tutor.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I mean, Anima Yell also has 2 members of the team with blatant lesbian crushes, like, just shy of explicit. At one point one of them gets teased by old friends as still being a "yuri girl" while the target of her affections confuses it with lilies, rather than f/f. And the other one gets really happy when someone compares her to her love interest's wife. Like, it's not just the side character that's a gay girl, those are pretty explicitly crushes, though I wouldn't expect them to go too far beyond.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The ending song was very cute

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Someone know the VA of Suzuya ? I swear she remind me of Suisho.

Nevermind i found it. It's the VA of Mya-nee.

last edited at Jan 3, 2020 3:44PM

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Someone know the VA of Suzuya ? I swear she remind me of Suisho.

Nevermind i found it. It's the VA of Mya-nee.

Ueda Reina? Oh! I really like her, I loved her as Mao in the PKMN Sun and Moon anime and as Akane in Gridman, and of course as Mya-nee.
Nice to know she is also in here~
Also I just noticed she will do Nagafuji in AdaShima, go figures, guess she Kito Akari gonna work together again then~

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Sometimes I wonder what the border here is for people to consider something yuri instead of subtext? Like, I've seen plenty of oneshots and even series from yuri magazines that are less explicit about the characters' feelings than some of the stuff people complain about just being subtext

So, my issue with KoiAs was that it's supposed to be a comedy, but isn't especially funny. It is kind of bad when it's not focusing on the leads being gay

joined Jan 21, 2015

Sometimes I wonder what the border here is for people to consider something yuri instead of subtext?

I think it has more to do with precedent than with the show's content. I had the thought that it's gay and cute, but since it's a Kirara series I should get rid of expectations that it will go anywhere. Even a Kirara anime that appears to sell itself as a yuri romance is still a Kirara anime. Maybe it will be an exception like Sakura Trick, I'd like to be proven wrong.

I do wonder where that border is for myself, though. Can't answer that.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Sakura Trick isn't yuri anime though. It's bait. They're not dating or in love. They're just very special friends.

last edited at Jan 4, 2020 6:22AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ I dunno man, I have my suspicions.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Well, it's text of the anime. They both have no clue what dating and love means and series end with them wondering if they can ever figure it out. And for entire manga they never actually end up dating. Kissing is just means for them to feel special as friends. I never felt so betrayed and baited in my entire life.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Ikr. People tend to have forgotten that Yuu and Haruka don't start dating until the end of the manga, when Yuu realise that Haruka still her as a friend, well kissing friend. I'm prettysure if you tell people who only watch the anime they aren't dating, they won't believe you,i mean they make vows about marriage together but it's true, by the end of the anime they are not dating at all.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

It's even worse. They don't even date by the end of the manga. Yuu gets fed up with Haruka and confronts her to progress their relationship, but while Haruka admits they're not normal friends, she still doesn't want to admit they're dating or in love, so Yuu swears she will seduce her in collage. It ends with promise of them dating. And then people wonder why some people are afraid of trusting anime/manga with yuri ending or even yuri in general, when shit like that happens all the time. It's annoying sometimes, but I can't blame anyone for feeling burnt out about yuribaits and approaching any new series with extreme caution.

last edited at Jan 4, 2020 8:06AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

she still doesn't want to admit they're dating or in love

Dunno mate, they said they are lovers. I think that mean they're dating no ?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Guess I was misremembering that part.

joined Dec 3, 2018

Guess I was misremembering that part.

You weren't even remotely close to what actually happened.

Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Sakura Trick isn't yuri anime though. It’s bait.

We can agree to disagree about Haruka and Yuu, but Kotone and Shizuku do exist, you know.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Queenky posted:

Sakura Trick isn't yuri anime though. It’s bait.

We can agree to disagree about Haruka and Yuu, but Kotone and Shizuku do exist, you know.

And then there's Yuu's sister who confessed too in the anime but she got rejected because Haruka is dense as fuck... Is funny because the ending of the manga was clear since long ago, at least I knew that Haruka was gonna fuck things up one way or another while Yuu had already come in terms with her feelings...And that's what happened.

ANYWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY my people, I came to tell you that the BangDream movie was ripped! yup! Thanks to AbemaTV so we don't have to wait months to see the bluray before seeing the third season that starts in two weeks!
So far we have only a raw in nyaa but I hope we get subs before the s3

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Magia Record starts promising.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So, Magia Record seems pretty good. Great visuals and direction, writing seems fine, interesting mysteries. No sign of yuri (subtext) yet, but Iroha and Yachiyo are both there, so I'm assuming it's a matter of time

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Sometimes I wonder what the border here is for people to consider something yuri instead of subtext? Like, I've seen plenty of oneshots and even series from yuri magazines that are less explicit about the characters' feelings than some of the stuff people complain about just being subtext

So, my issue with KoiAs was that it's supposed to be a comedy, but isn't especially funny. It is kind of bad when it's not focusing on the leads being gay

It's really a big issue in the yuri genre. In het series you could easily assume that the couple are dating or not based on their interactions(confession, touching, glances, kissing..etc) since most people tend to be heteronormative. However, in Yuri series it's really hard to tell if the girls are lovers or just being really close friends, even for gay people. Take for an example Manaria Friends, as a yuri fan myself, I really knew there was more than friendship to their relationship, but even with that, I couldn't say it's an outright sexual love and they would get married in the future, so I couldn't prove that they love each other to my heteronormative friend(even with the love potion scene). I honestly don't blame her. I really believe a confession or a kiss was left out intentionally by the anime makers or author. I mostly blame the creators for causing this confusion, I mean, why can't you just decide? is it really gonna affect the sales or story that much if you include a canon lesbian couple in a non-yuri work? even in most supposed-to-be yuri works (like Yuru Yuri) they still shy away from confirming the yuri. even in shows that have perfect couples like (Amanchu, Akanesasu Shoujo, Mahou shoujo Site, Shuumatsu no Izetta, Akuma no Riddle, Flip Flappers, Symphogear..the list goes on.) they brush off the yuri in the end on purpose!! sometimes they even alter some scenes!! (like editing out the LOVE CONFESSION AND KISS in Mahou Shoujo Site that were in the manga). But what they don't shy away from is unrequited love like in (Kuzu no Honkai, Araburu, Comic Girls, To-Aru series, Aria the Scarlett Season 2, Baka To Test..etc), and that's why we see many crazy obsessed lesbians in anime, it's like they're telling us "look! we don't shy away from lesbians! but too bad their love is unrequited and they're so messed up for you to actually care about them." and then you get those yuri moments in anime that exist for the mere purpose of fanservice and the MANY MANY kiss scenes that "doesn't count because we're both girls." so in the end, I blame the creators for confusing the fans. even yuri authors themselves sometimes shy away from yuri. (like Hanigare, Stretch and Swap Swap). What if I'm the one who's in the wrong for assuming or hoping that the girls will get together? I'll just take the easy road for me and my mind and consider everything as friendship or bait until a blatant love confession was made between the characters.

joined Oct 4, 2015

It's important to consider that Japan, the source of most of this manga and anime we consume is actually less LGBTQ+ friendly than a considerable number of western countries. There's culturally acceptable phenonema like S-Class friendship and yaoi which can have very little to do with actual LGBTQ+ representation. Anime also subsists heavily on disc sales, they can't risk alienating part of their audience.

Manaria friends: Part of a larger franchise often featuring male protagonists. Declaring those two 'off-limits' to the PC could hamper people's interest in the series.
Yuru Yuri: Literally means something like soft Yuri. It's designed to tease. The author doesn't shy away from clear gay stuff, it's just not the focus of the series
Amanchu: The 'perfect couple' was supposed to be friendship all along and in her panic of writing a relationship that could be construed as more than friends the author had to create a love interest whose only purpose was to show those two were really friends and nothing more.
Izetta, Akuma, Flip Flappers. I'm.... pretty sure all of these are confirmed Yuri. Kisses were probably just avoided in Izetta and Akuma to draw a larger audience / avoid alienating or pidgeonholing the series.

I mean, Flip Flappers had an entire episode dedicated to Cocona trying to pin down her attraction to Papika. They openly declare their love to each other multiple times. No kiss was a disappointment but the girls had a wedding dress moment.

When consuming Yuri, it's important to keep in mind that the genre was born in a culture with different norms and quirks. It's a genre that's evolving to this day. Maybe one day we'll see more kiss scenes that are designed for tittilation of the audience but a confirmation of affection between two characters.

To reply you must either login or sign up.