Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Small update on the pdf/epub versions. I managed to get Amazon to stop downscaling images, and those have now been updated to use higher resolutions ones. The kindle cover have also been replaced with the novel versions (someone mentioned about that). This will be the practice going forward, but I won't update the old images here on dynasty since that's too much of a hassle.

The rest of this volume should be out in a day or two.

Thank you!!!! Looking forward to spending Christmas reading Adashima haha.

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

Small update on the pdf/epub versions. I managed to get Amazon to stop downscaling images, and those have now been updated to use higher resolutions ones. The kindle cover have also been replaced with the novel versions (someone mentioned about that). This will be the practice going forward, but I won't update the old images here on dynasty since that's too much of a hassle.

Awesome news! Those will be some merry christmas indeed.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

// laughs in QC //

oh boy....

// laughs in QC //

I don‘t know what to expect from this.

// rubs her hands together impishly and giggles under her breath //

..."ぱふぱふ" indeed....

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Thanks for the update!

And I see volume 4 now marked as completed on the site as well. Time to download and read, then!

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

dang not even a full day! thanks for all your work sneikkimies! and for the quality check Shadesofgreymoon and Gilgamesh!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

That was quite aggresive for someone who had run away the last time. At least it seem to have bare some fruits as Shimamura seem to make a step forward in understanding Adachi.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Thanks,team! That was a good volume. Adachi is so brave. She didn't back off even if Shimamura was so reluctant about her staying over. Hope they will get past the siblings like relationship soon. But yeah, it was still funny when Shimamura's mom thought Adachi was like a big sister to Shimamura. Lol, if only she had read this LN. Haha

Now, I am so excited to finally read volume 5. I heard that in that volume, we'll be able to see the peak of Adachi's uh, autism? weirdness? Can't find the right word but she sure is not normal haha.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

There are useless lesbians, and then there's the catastrophe that is Adachi. Finally taking some steps forward, though, even if panicking the whole time.

Shima's feelings seem to be building slowly as well, from some of her thoughts while sharing the futon to her thoughts about her future and the decision that Adachi would be the Sakura she wants to keep looking at.

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

The last both chapters were worth all the frustration the other chapters of volume 4 built up. It was so
so WORTH enduring it. And it shows a lot how Shimamura begins to think more and more of Adachi. The whole sleep-over scene had me melting away, it was so adorkable. hkjhkjhjkhjbdjb Especially the part where Adachi had her head rested on Shimamura‘s arm, while their faces being closer to each other more than ever before and sleeping just like this. With that I have ascended.
I‘m looking forward to volume 5 a lot. I can‘t thank and show my appreciation more than I already do toward sneik and team. You guys are the best!

joined Oct 5, 2016

Yeah lots of good stuff in those last two chapters.

• Nagafuji and hina both acting extremely pleased with themselves after their sexy bath together, to the point that even our clueless duo were super picking up on it.
  • Adachi just going for it. If I didn't know better I would've thought she was really going to smooch shima there when they were sleeping together.
  • Shimamura just happening to go shopping (which she hates) while Adachi's at work and then just happening to already have that exact jewelry and then just happening to give Adachi a frickin flower to wear in her hair. Oh and also that then her narration just doesn't mention it, because shimamura just refuses to acknowledge when she does gay shit.
  • shima keeps like spontaneously happy giggling at the smallest things when she's hanging out with Adachi .
  • shimamura actually taking the initiative on them sleeping together, though she acts like it's all just for adachis sake.
  • in class shima's like "maybe I'll just stare at adachi all day, this is nice" and both of them just blatantly being super pleased about the weekend.

last edited at Dec 23, 2019 5:28PM

joined Oct 5, 2016

Oh and also I'm totally waiting for us to find out In volume 5 that shimamura engineered the whole alien girl sleepover, thereby occupying her little sister and letting shima stay with adachi.

I'm also fully expecting shima to insist that she only did it to make her little sis happy and that she had no opinion on it herself.

last edited at Dec 23, 2019 1:19AM

Adachi being Shimamura's warmth and that being precious to her... hnnnnggg it's just too much for me to handle, not to mention the flower hair peice and her wanting to see the sakura within Adachi bloom and feeling a load off, of her looking at HER, it's just absolutely wonderful, it's lovely, THOSE FEELINGS.
Also I was dying the entire time Adachi manged to sleep in the same futon as Shimamura, props to her for that and getting an arm pillow for the entire duration of the night. Shima just can't say no to her.

Thanks again to sneik, shadowsofgreymoon and gilgamesh, can't thank you guys enough. Hope y'all enjoy your holidays.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Roses are red
But what was her bike?
Proposing to me
Was very Adachi-like
-Shimamura, probably

Not that those chapters actually mentioned our Sakura being Adachi-like.
But in any case! That was absolutely adorable. It may not have had the buildup of the previous two volumes, but does it have just as strong a payoff. Not that volume 4 needed to be forgiven, far from it, it was good (I found it better than volume 1 as a whole, at least, and about on par with volume 2), but had it needed to, it would've been instant forgiveness right there. So precious!

Thank you team, as always. Keep up the good work (now and in the future)! \o/

joined Oct 9, 2019

I just really love this story. I'm a bit surprised by Shima's actions, it was nice. Adachi is kinda admirable, the way she just goes for it is inspiring. Thank you for uploading this.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018
  • Adachi just going for it. If I didn't know better I would've thought she was really going to smooch shima there when they were sleeping together.

Certainly seemed like that at first, yes. In the end she lacked the pink hair to go through with it, though. :D

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I found this randomly not long after messing with the part where Adachi was doing her best to come up with stuff they could do during her stay. And I found it amusingly appropriate, given they'd also played air hockey together before, lol

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

I found this randomly not long after messing with the part where Adachi was doing her best to come up with stuff they could do during her stay. And I found it amusingly appropriate, given they'd also played air hockey together before, lol

Dang, boomerangs really are all the rage lately.

last edited at Dec 23, 2019 10:29AM

joined Mar 15, 2015

Now that the main characters are meeting each other's families, having them solely be referred to their last names is getting a bit awkward. It's fine for Shimamura's younger sister to call her "Sis," but it's more than a little strange for Adachi to have to point out that Shimamura's mother is referring to her elder daughter when she says "she," not to mention how impersonal it is. Besides, Shimamura doesn't even like her family name, so one would think that she'd suggest going by her first name (a bit like Umiko in New Game).

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Now that the main characters are meeting each other's families, having them solely be referred to their last names is getting a bit awkward. It's fine for Shimamura's younger sister to call her "Sis," but it's more than a little strange for Adachi to have to point out that Shimamura's mother is referring to her elder daughter when she says "she," not to mention how impersonal it is. Besides, Shimamura doesn't even like her family name, so one would think that she'd suggest going by her first name (a bit like Umiko in New Game).

Yeah but... I don't think I could take things seriously with Adachi calling Shimamura "Hou-chan", lol... nor the opposite with Adachi being referred to as "Saku" if her prior nicknaming convention with Tarumi held true lol.

joined Oct 5, 2016

Calling someone just by their first name is pretty intimate. Close female friends might still do it, but it would be very casual, and Adachi and Shimamura are still waaay too nervous around each other to be that comfortable.

joined Oct 5, 2016

I think these last couple of chapters brought back the best dynamic between Adachi and Shimamura, which feels like it had been missing for a little while.

Adachi is quite conscious now of her attraction to Shimamura and is awkwardly working to get them closer together.

Shimamura is still -kind- of in denial, but in the sense that she's just refusing to think about where any of this is going. Instead she just follows Adachi's lead and agrees to Adachi's requests, and lowkey wants Adachi to keep pushing. Everytime Adachi's request gets them closer Shima's really happy about it, but she still refuses to think about why that is.

It feels much more like a believable human relationship than when Shimamura's just being incredibly dense.

joined Dec 13, 2018

What's QC?

Also Adachi, what are you even doing

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

What's QC?

Also Adachi, what are you even doing

QC = quality control. QC people kind of fine tune or check for things like missing punctuation, misspellings, and grammar/syntax errors before release. I am one of two QC people on this project (both this, the light novel, and the manga release(s)), the other being Gilgamesh--who I don't think comes to these forums but I dunno, I've only ever briefly interacted with him by chance on reddit--and of course the translator who does all the hard work is sneikimmies. I got asked to help more permanently when I made a kinda jerk-y post about all the errors in an early chapter release, lol, you can still see it on like the first or second page of this thread...

Since being a QC person means I get to see the new chapters a few days before everyone else does when they're released, I like to tease sometimes. :) I don't get out much so I take my fun where I can get it. lol

Also, Adachi is just being an adorable lesbian dork that is trying her best to stop being passive with someone who clearly will never pick up on anything subtle. But hopefully she doesn't do anything that triggers my secondhand embarrassment issues, she already treads painfully close to doing so. lol

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Well. That was all kinds of wonderful.
Enjoyed thoroughly. Lots of nice developments. Very much liked Shima's thoughts on sakuras. Various sakuras. Yep. Indeed.
Can't wait for more.

Oh. Sadly I only got around to re-reading a single chapter. Fun stuff in there. Like the two sharing food and drinking from the same bottle. A little surprised Adachi hasn't reflected back on that. Shima comparing herself to an iguana basking in the sun is too appropriate.

Haven't been able to stop thinking about the anime adaption lately and how great it could be. content sigh
I found myself looking at art from this series but had to stop myself when I realized I might spoil something for myself.

last edited at Dec 24, 2019 1:24AM

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

This volume ended with a bang for me, just amazing. I have nothing too much to say except that I'm really happy how it ended, now on to volume 5! Oh, and the Nagafuji Hino extra chapter was just as amazing. Nagafuji you bold vixen, you basically confessed while naked in the bath together and had Hino touching your breasts, that is one hell of a confession. Thanks Sneik for the release, very much appreciated.

last edited at Dec 24, 2019 7:14AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.