Forum › Tsukarekitta Onna ga Shinuhodo Iyasareru Tame ni discussion

joined May 24, 2014

She hit the jackpot!

Images__01
joined Nov 3, 2019

Would you throw 10 cents at a peasant for him to stop clinging to you ? That's what Nagi just did. You shouldn't ever relate to billionaires, nothing good comes from it

Honestly? I reckon I would've just skipped to blackmailing the scumbag ex (without paying him anything) to get him out of there. Then after he left, ordered a hitman for 5 cents to take care of him :P

But I guess the whole point of Nagi throwing money around was to get to the 'She's the daughter of a conglomerate' revelation more quickly.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

This guy is so bad is like he came from some Korean manwha... I mean, don't get me wrong is just that out of like 5 I've read there's like 3 of them with beyond disgusting assholes

last edited at Dec 22, 2019 12:37AM

38611606_p02
joined Feb 17, 2019

Hmm... Quite... Soft? For a "yandere" stalker...

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Can't believe she just threaten his social life and gave him money to leave, fucking stupid!
If she's a daughter of a rich family there's plenty of ways to remove him!
500000 yen is a significant amount of money then wasted 1 million with a weak threat about his social life Urgh!!

A Small Loan of a Million

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Nagi gave her rotten ex boyfriend ten thousand dollars, even though she was the one with the notebook full of his dirty little secrets? Someone needs to explain to her how blackmail works.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

ch9 p12... so I get the whole "ha ha making fun of insecurities of women with smaller boobs funny hilarious tasteful" part of that, but what's with the implication that being mistaken for a trans woman is insulting, in the year twenty nineteen

I mean, the dude's not "mistaking her for a trans woman". He's just being a dickhead. His statement effectively equates to "you're just a man pretending to be a woman". I feel like any woman, trans or not, would be pretty offended by that.

To me, the notion that he thought of a trans woman as a valid answer to "Why woman but no boobs???" is somehow vaguely affirming?

Like, in his mind, it seems like trans women are a real thing that are valid. And he doesn't really offer any further judgement on the matter once he reaches that (bad) conclusion. So maybe I'm just being super generous because I'm tired and shit, but I didn't really have a problem with the whole thing.

But my thoughts certainly don't invalidate anyone else's takeaway from it.

joined Mar 18, 2018

Jeez, what a jerk...
That guy got to take some sort of price for the absolut worst, unlikeable person in anything... Ever! Really one sick piece of crap!

last edited at Dec 22, 2019 2:14PM

Captura
joined Feb 7, 2018

"I had no choice but to let you in"... Mangas/Animes/Series where police sometimes doesn't exist.

joined Oct 15, 2019

Love the yuri not gonna lie. But if the manager/editor gets to be with Chi-chan there's no problem for me

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

ch9 p12... so I get the whole "ha ha making fun of insecurities of women with smaller boobs funny hilarious tasteful" part of that, but what's with the implication that being mistaken for a trans woman is insulting, in the year twenty nineteen

Would you appreciate being referred to as being a gender you are not? Because that is the long and short of what’s happening here. The dude mistakes Chihiro for a boy, and when she corrects him, he determines that she must be a man who is in the process of transitioning simply because he can’t see her boobs, which means she couldn’t simply be a woman. That’s pretty damn insulting if you ask me. The whole trans thing is just being used to give the joke a modern twist.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Can't believe she just threaten his social life and gave him money to leave, fucking stupid!
If she's a daughter of a rich family there's plenty of ways to remove him!
500000 yen is a significant amount of money then wasted 1 million with a weak threat about his social life Urgh!!

It's a manga about healing, and Nagi picked the option that would give her master the least to worry about. Just sending him away would mean he'd eventually come back later, and literal murder would hurt Chi-chan more. Spending a mil to send him away for good is just like how she sprang for the priciest room at the love hotel. There's logically no need to spend that much even if you are rich. That's simply how much she cares for Chi-chan.

joined May 19, 2016

Should we ask if Nagi will disappear as suddenly from Chihiro's life as she did Scumbag's?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

^ Did you miss the part where she run away from him because he's a scumbag?

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

I feel like they are both healing each other. Throwing money at the scumbag might seem weird, but it's a small sacrifice if he stops bothering them. The secret notes are a good fallback - "you have what you want, don't show up again, or else"

I think the point of this character was mostly to show that Nagi had tons of bad experiences and needs a lot of healing herself.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

TyrantRex posted:

"I had no choice but to let you in"... Mangas/Animes/Series where police sometimes doesn't exist.

Anime/Manga. Where option to just not let him in doesn't exist.

It's mostly the stupid Japanese mentality. Public image is the most important > someone causing problems in front of your door draws attention and people will gossip > it's better to let them in and deal with it in private, so nobody knows what's going on.

RandomGuy posted:

Would you appreciate being referred to as being a gender you are not? Because that is the long and short of what’s happening here. The dude mistakes Chihiro for a boy, and when she corrects him, he determines that she must be a man who is in the process of transitioning simply because he can’t see her boobs, which means she couldn’t simply be a woman. That’s pretty damn insulting if you ask me. The whole trans thing is just being used to give the joke a modern twist.

That's exactly how I understood that too. There's no way she can be a woman looking like that. The only explanation is, it's a man who wants to be a woman, so he's pre-op (no boobs) transsexual. He still see her as a man, not a woman and tries to rationale why man would call himself a woman. The insult is that he can't see Chihiro, a biological woman, as nothing other than a man.

last edited at Dec 22, 2019 6:42AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

It doesn't help that Japanese architecture still seems to equate 'wall' with 'a paper-thin surface that separates space'. If someone were banging on my neighbors door ... I might hear it if I was absolutely quiet, but probably not otherwise. In Japan, the entire neighborhood inevitably hears the argument ;)

joined Jul 23, 2019

"Chapter 9: Stalker vs Scumbag!"

I was hoping Stalker would win by KO.

Instead, it was a draw.

joined Aug 11, 2014

The biggest problem with just giving him money to go away is that he has no reason to believe that she won't just give him money again he if comes and bothers her again. Yeah, she threatened him, but if threatening him was enough to make him stay away, then why give him money in the first place?

In his eyes, nothing bad actually happened. She hasn't actually deterred him in any meaningful sense. If anything, she's just encouraged him to come back, because he's learned that she'd rather do what he says and pay up than resist and cause trouble, even though she absolutely has enough money and power to cause him infinite trouble. Realistically, he'd just burn through all that cash, and come banging on the door for more. If she was going to throw that money away, she'd have been better off hiring a bodyguard.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm sure she will take the necessary measures after this, or at least she should.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Instead, it was a draw.

Erm, no it wasn't. Dude got completely wrecked.

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

It doesn't help that Japanese architecture still seems to equate 'wall' with 'a paper-thin surface that separates space'. If someone were banging on my neighbors door ... I might hear it if I was absolutely quiet, but probably not otherwise. In Japan, the entire neighborhood inevitably hears the argument ;)

And that's without the gossiping housewives.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

The biggest problem with just giving him money to go away is that he has no reason to believe that she won't just give him money again he if comes and bothers her again. Yeah, she threatened him, but if threatening him was enough to make him stay away, then why give him money in the first place?

Even the toughest gangsta threats come with a "I'll make it worth your while" clause. Something to incentivise them to choose the "not die horribly" option. He has still lost substantially more than he's received and, give or take the slim chance of him going crazy and seeking revenge, he won't be coming back, particularly since all the money he's been taking from Nagi is to fund his music career, which Nagi's secrets would destroy in an instant.

joined Jan 15, 2015

So....is it just me, or did pretty much nothing of any significance happen this chapter? Just: dude shows up, inconsequential thing happens, dude leaves. The most notable thing that happened was we found out that Nagi is a mafia princess, and even that was more or less an afterthought.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

So....is it just me, or did pretty much nothing of any significance happen this chapter?

Chihiro stands up for her pet, which she certainly wouldn't have been able to at the start of the series. Nagi gets closure on a part of her dark past that she probably couldn't have done on her own. Scumbag gets put in his place and utterly humiliated. I'd say those are pretty significant things.

To reply you must either login or sign up.