Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

Letys%20try%20this%20again
joined Mar 26, 2017

Can I just say that this shit is literal cocaine to me? Every time they release a new chapter, I crush the phone I'm holding and snort it.

Are you me?

joined Mar 5, 2019

Can I just say that this shit is literal cocaine to me? Every time they release a new chapter, I crush the phone I'm holding and snort it.

Are you me?

Depends, are you a 30 year old lesbian who is ignoring her ASL homework right now?

Letys%20try%20this%20again
joined Mar 26, 2017

Are you me?

Depends, are you a 30 year old lesbian who is ignoring her ASL homework right now?

Nope, but I am neglecting my own ASL studies.

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

And boom! Just like that we are back to Adachi doing all the "Adachi things", finally. I think Shimamura might be the most dense person in the world at this point too, stop passing everything off as "Adachi like". If she were to accidentally stumble upon and see NSFW yuri manga she'd probably pass it off as Adachi like too. Anyways, thanks for the update Sneik and thank you Adachi for being especially adorkable and gay this chapter.

joined Mar 5, 2019

I would legit die of laughter if you were actually that girl who never shows up in my class, and is now shitting herself because finals are on Tuesday.

Screen%20shot%202019-06-20%20at%206.20.42%20am
joined May 6, 2017

I'm with ya'll. This story gives me life.

Someone needs to give Shimamura a yuri manga, so she can know what's going on with Adachi and Tarumi. Buttttt whoooo go Adachi taking initiative. Also thank you for the update Sneik, like the person a few comments above said this shit really is literal cocaine.

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

Thank you a lot. I really needed this right now

joined Mar 18, 2018

Just started reading this version as well (since i now know this is the original) and i must say the manga leaves out a lot!
Not really much for light novels but this got me hooked (maybe because i love the manga ^^')
But i'm really wondering, Since the manga apparently only got one more chapter left, Does that mean this will end soon as well? Granted i have only read a hand full of chapters of this yet so it's not like i don't have anything to read in the future, but still?

Thank you a lot. I really needed this right now

@Tsunnami
hey... is everything okay?

Chamo
joined Mar 15, 2019

Yay! Volume 4 is almost over! (I'm sorry volume 4, but prople were tight about you, definitely the weakest volume so far, although I will give it props for Adachi's growth in these last chapters.)

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Are you me?

I'm a 40 year old lesbian who has also neglected her ASL studies. Clearly the solution to our collective slacking is to learn Adachi to Shimamura in ASL...

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Adachi is so awkward but also very straight forward. Her lines are smooth but her actions are not. This chapter really showed how much she missed Shimamura. And that was a very awkward phone call ah, do people really think that hard during phone calls? About who should speak now and think of a topic and stuff? Or maybe that was just Adachi and Shimamura thing? Really, these two are so strange yet so cute.

Thanks again sneik,shadesofgreymoon and team! The past 2 chapters were lacking interactions from the MCs so I was very happy that you guys quickly released a new and a very sweet chapter.

joined Oct 5, 2016

Shimamura is doing that thing again where like ok she has a semi-crush on this girl, even if she's in denial about it, and yet when they talk all she wants is to stop talking, and it kinda drives me crazy, lol.

Especially after shimamura kept like missing adachi in her last chapter!

I feel like when they do finally start to get together shimamura really needs to take the initiative, because right now she just doesn't feel like she deserves any of these girls devotion!

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I am low-key loving all the little comments and thoughts about Adachi that Shimamura is spouting without realizing the true nature of their origin. Talking about how she thinks Adachi is pretty, about where she could be and clearly wanting to see her, calling her by her first name, all that stuff that's absolutely going to destroy her mind the moment it all finally snaps into place for her, lol... if anyone deserves a big 'ol slap in the face like that to WAKE UP OMG UR SO GAY it's sleepy Shimamura...

joined Mar 5, 2019

I'm a 40 year old lesbian who has also neglected her ASL studies. Clearly the solution to our collective slacking is to learn Adachi to Shimamura in ASL...

The 30 year old lesbian is not opposed to this!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, Shima, how can you be so completely unable to recognize Adachi's blushing for what it is...? Although I'm glad to see you do some blushing of your own during the call - and that was a great line that should hopefully give Adachi more confidence in her own feelings for you as well.

Shou being jealous of Yashiro spending time with Shima instead. :D

Shimaa.

But i'm really wondering, Since the manga apparently only got one more chapter left, Does that mean this will end soon as well?

The first manga that ended only goes up to volume 3 of the LN. Plenty of more to come after that (and for the new manga to cover after catching up).

last edited at Dec 7, 2019 11:34AM

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

I cannot believe the cluelessness on Shima’s part. Adachi isn’t exactly sending mixed messages here, she’s being pretty forward. The only thing she’s missing is an outright confession, and even then Shimamura might not understand it.

I love this series so much.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Bwahahaha!

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Can confirm. Introverts are exhausting to interact with. Just one more micro reason I tired my damnest to keep my introverted arse away from people as much as possible. Then you get stuck with someone for hours and think the universe has something against you.

It's very interesting that Shima keeps noting their silences. I think any other work would go "Well. They have a comfy silence. That's how you now it's special!" but no. Shima is still at least mildly bothered by it. That feels more realistic. If it becomes something she tolerates it will feel more earned I think.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Someone needs to give Shimamura a yuri manga, so she can know what's going on with Adachi and Tarumi.

Lmao. As much as I’m laughing at how Shimamura’s being clueless, I always love how she handles Adachi.

But i'm really wondering, Since the manga apparently only got one more chapter left, Does that mean this will end soon as well? Granted i have only read a hand full of chapters of this yet so it's not like i don't have anything to read in the future, but still?

Nope. Only the first adapted manga, that will end soon. About the light novel, we still far from end considering this is only vol 4, there’s still 4 remaining volumes out, and vol 8 isn’t yet the end of Adashima. What I really wonder here and wanted to see, if the 2nd manga adaptation will try to catch up on the light novel’s volume...

last edited at Dec 7, 2019 8:30PM

Lmao. As much as I’m laughing at how Shimamura’s being clueless, I always love how she handles Adachi.

Honestly same, like when she said that if someone were to have seen them hugging that would cause misunderstandings ect, but continued comforting/patting her anyways

last edited at Dec 7, 2019 9:50PM by

joined Mar 5, 2019

Can confirm. Introverts are exhausting to interact with. Just one more micro reason I tired my damnest to keep my introverted arse away from people as much as possible. Then you get stuck with someone for hours and think the universe has something against you.

It's very interesting that Shima keeps noting their silences. I think any other work would go "Well. They have a comfy silence. That's how you now it's special!" but no. Shima is still at least mildly bothered by it. That feels more realistic. If it becomes something she tolerates it will feel more earned I think.

Fun story. I'm slightly autistic, and super introverted, but I had to be trained on how to act like an extrovert for one of my prior careers. It took me years to figure out that my long silences stresses the shit out of people. For me, it's just how I function when I'm in relaxed mode. It's when I'm talking a lot that people should actually be stressed, because that means something is definitely wrong with me.

joined Oct 5, 2016

Yeah it's funny cuz whenever adachi isn't around shima is subtly missing her, when shima has to hang around others she's thinking about how it would be better with adachi... and then with adachi she's like... ok can I go home now?

Don't get me wrong im still enjoying the series, It just annoys me cuz it feels kind of artificial, like in the first volume or two the two of them were constantly lowkey flirting, finding excuses to touch each other, etc. Now they're circling around in a status quo, when there's such more interesting ideas the story could be exploring.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Yeah it's funny cuz whenever adachi isn't around shima is subtly missing her, when shima has to hang around others she's thinking about how it would be better with adachi... and then with adachi she's like... ok can I go home now?

Don't get me wrong im still enjoying the series, It just annoys me cuz it feels kind of artificial, like in the first volume or two the two of them were constantly lowkey flirting, finding excuses to touch each other, etc. Now they're circling around in a status quo, when there's such more interesting ideas the story could be exploring.

I think Shimamura just doesnt want to spend too much time with anyone. But for that little time that she wants to be with someone, she prefer that someone to be Adachi.

joined Aug 19, 2019

Shimamura discovered the joy of teasing Adachi haha
The lunch break partwith Adachi was hilarious. Everyone's looking at Adachi and Adachi only looked at Shimamura.

I wish Shimamura could think about her friendship with Adachi a little more and that she stops overlooking the "suspicious" behaviors she sees from Adachi..

To reply you must either login or sign up.