Forum › Whispering You a Love Song discussion

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

I'd say it's all of the above.
She's annoyed of Himawari's indecisiveness, which is hurting Yori.
She's worried for Yori, who can't do anything about the situation herself, and whom she just had to council and console.
She's desperately in love to at least try to get herself into the conversation, even in this rounabout way, at least being honest with herself this way, saying it out loud for once - kinda a relief in its own way.
She's very aware of Yori's strong feelings for Himawari, so she wouldn't say it to Yori directly, to not cause more conflict for her.
She wants Yori to be happy (can't stand to see her down), even if that's with someone else.
She may even be a tiny bit selfish and hopeful that if Himawari withdraws, she would get a chance herself (at some point). Yet, she can justify that selfishness to herself for pushing Himawari to make up her mind / realize her feelings by being presented with a rival.
She's also actively forcing the decision on Himawari, who made her move first - who actually made a move - to help resolve Yori's uneasyness, even if that means she has to give up before really getting a chance. She herself is "not making the choice". She gets Himawari to do it... (That's arguably a bit of cowardice on her part, for knowing her own low chances with Yori, probably not getting anything out of it - but also fair, as in figuratively placing the ball in Himawari's court after confronting her like that.)

It's a sort of all or nothing. But she knows her chances are low to begin with. Because even if Himawari steps out, Yori doesn't feel for her that way. And on top of that, Yori would be seriously crushed. So the "all" in a way is more about ending this state of limbo for Yori (so, hopefully, Himawari stops Aki right there and realizes she wants Yori to herself), so Yori would be happy... Or, to (if Himawari decides her feelings aren't enough) at least free Yori from the painful suspense, get hurt once big time, but eventually be able to move on (with still only a very low chance for Yori's feelings for Aki to change into something more romantic). Maybe it's rather an "all for nothing" kinda situation... :'(

...but I might be wrong .-. (am I giving the character too much credit? I feel, she's depicted as very observant and caring... and at least in regards to Yori rather selfless...)

last edited at Dec 3, 2019 2:37PM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Yeah, this is an example of how to do a love triangle that doesn't feel like shoe-horned in bullshit. It's predictable but it's not just predictable because it's cliche it's predictable because it was actually foreshadowed properly instead of coming out of left field for the sake of lazy shock value.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

I like Himari and YoriHima but gotta admit I kinda would like to see/imagine an au whit Aki as the mc where Yori reciprocates her feelings.

^I think you worded the situation quitewell KueKyuuQ

last edited at Dec 3, 2019 2:43PM

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

DAMN SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Yurigoggles
joined Jun 29, 2016

Tbh, I'd rather see Aki and Yori together than Himari and Yori. Buuut unfortunately, I'm sure that's not gonna happen :/

joined Jul 26, 2019

Despite the "violence" of the attack of aki I think it is a good thing to make himari progress in understanding herfeelings...
It may even be aki's real goal to "shock" himari to see if she reacts with, for example, jealousy or a big pinch in her heart...
On the other hand if himari does not react aki will not hold back even if yori is madly in love with hima and it will be very difficult for her to change her mind.....

last edited at Dec 3, 2019 4:07PM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Tbh, I'd rather see Aki and Yori together than Himari and Yori. Buuut unfortunately, I'm sure that's not gonna happen :/

It'd be interesting to see this happen for once.

sweetjalapeno15
Ne
joined Nov 21, 2017

I bet that Aki-senpai said that on purpose... Yori is waiting for Himari while Himari is doing her thing... Someone seriously have to take action and of course, it was Aki-senpai. I wonder why Aki-senpai didn't confess to Yori in the first place... she have confidence enough to say that to Himari....

I mean yeah she do it on purpose. She know the whole story. I don't know if she is completly serious about what she said. She do it because she saw how insecure Yoriis about the whole situation and she is starting to bepissed off that Himari is still hesitant about her feelings and so she decide to stand up as a rival to see if Himari will make a move or not. Considering she already know that she might not having a chance to change Yori's feeling, it's pretty bold but i think she can't bear anymore seeing the one she love being that conflicted over someone that might not loving her.

Perfectly said.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

KueKyuuQ, I think you're generally correct. As we saw so far, Aki was holding her feelings all the time and was 100% supportive of Yori, so she couldn't stand seeing how much Yori was suffering and how Himawari was being indecisive. You could say she got "angry" in Yori's place and pushed Himawari to give Yori a proper answer faster instead of continuing on giving her hope. She got impatient for Yori's sake.

majere posted:

Yeah, this is an example of how to do a love triangle that doesn't feel like shoe-horned in bullshit. It's predictable but it's not just predictable because it's cliche it's predictable because it was actually foreshadowed properly instead of coming out of left field for the sake of lazy shock value.

Yea, though I meant more specifically that unlike usual love rivals that often treat it like competition and don't mind using dirty tricks, she's presented as good person who would be a genuinely good match for Yori. Despite clearly being shown as not a treat to main relationship from the start, she still is so likeable you kinda unwittingly start rooting for her. Sure it wouldn't work if Yori and Himawari were already going out and it's not only way to do it, but it definitely feels fresh.

last edited at Dec 3, 2019 4:48PM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

KueKyuuQ, I think you're generally correct. As we saw so far, Aki was holding her feelings all the time and was 100% supportive of Yori, so she couldn't stand seeing how much Yori was suffering and how Himawari was being indecisive. You could say she got "angry" in Yori's place and pushed Himawari to give Yori a proper answer faster instead of continuing on giving her hope. She got impatience for Yori's sake.

majere posted:

Yea, though I meant more specifically that unlike usual love rivals that often treat it like competition and don't mind using dirty tricks, she's presented as good person who would be a genuinely good match for Yori. Despite clearly being shown as not a treat to main relationship from the start, she still is so likeable you kinda unwitting start rooting for her. Sure it wouldn't work if Yori and Himawari were already going out and it's not only way to do it, but it definitely feels fresh.

The fact that Aki is actually a sympathetic character in her own right rather than an annoying antagonist whose just there to cause problems definitely contributes to me giving a fuck about this situation rather than just rolling my eyes and dropping the series until the arc is finished like I usually do with this trope. She's actually a believable character acting like a sane human being would rather than like a plot device.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

^ Yea, pretty much.

Letys%20try%20this%20again
joined Mar 26, 2017

DAMN SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Same

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

I am definitely on the AkiYori train

Fireshot%20screen%20capture%20%23073%20-%20'vol_%201%20ch_%201%20(even%20if%20it%20was%20just%20once,%20i%20regret%20it)%20-%20mangadex'%20-%20mangadex_org_chapter_689420_11%20-%20copy
joined May 6, 2018

I feel as if I am saved every time a new chapter comes out

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

While, yeah, Aki is the best part, but except her, story itself is so cliché and boring. And love triangle isn’t aggressive one, but so boring, because I feel something only for Aki feelings, and Yori and Himary have zero chemistry for me. I hope that at least Aki get some nice rejection with closure and thanks from Yori. Her character and art is what keep me reading.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

I think what is also interesting is the fact that we are pretty sure of when all this is going to come to a head - the concert.
Aki is throwing down, and we are probably up for some angsty moments from here on out.
Until she sings that song, that's when we find out what side things will fall on (my guess).

Zaimokuza%20ii
joined May 9, 2014

Tbh, I'd rather see Aki and Yori together than Himari and Yori.

I second this motion!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Tbh, I'd rather see Aki and Yori together than Himari and Yori.

I second this motion!

You better write the doujin yourself for that.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Oooh shit! She gonna steal her, or be so painfully nice and give her first love away T^T

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Well, the tables have turned...

Images
joined Dec 15, 2016

Holy cow! Now this is getting interesting

Fireshot%20screen%20capture%20%23073%20-%20'vol_%201%20ch_%201%20(even%20if%20it%20was%20just%20once,%20i%20regret%20it)%20-%20mangadex'%20-%20mangadex_org_chapter_689420_11%20-%20copy
joined May 6, 2018

I see the shades of Touko on this

joined May 6, 2018

What an amazing development
This is gonna go dramatic

Fatvhoyx0am9qa0
joined Jan 20, 2019

o h o k a y

Snapchat-1359724932
joined Oct 4, 2019

Low key i dont want her to take yori away from her i was really rooting for himari and yori

To reply you must either login or sign up.