Forum › MariYuu discussion

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Hehe, too cute.

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

Take me to this magical world with soft fluffy wooloo wherever ye look

Also i like the scottish trainer version better.

last edited at Nov 25, 2019 7:01PM

joined Jul 8, 2016

I continue to wonder why localization teams change names, when they already have a perfectly fine name for the language they're localizing for.
Like, Mary's a perfectly fine name in English, no need to change that I don't think. Also where's Gloria's hat?

1478_nogirlsallowed
joined Oct 26, 2018

... waya menette

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

I continue to wonder why localization teams change names, when they already have a perfectly fine name for the language they're localizing for.
Like, Mary's a perfectly fine name in English, no need to change that I don't think. Also where's Gloria's hat?

Gloria's definitely a better name than Yuuri for an English setting though

last edited at Nov 25, 2019 7:15PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

And you thought the dialect localization for 2DK took some time to get used to.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

That was fast. And is this just a oneshot? Because this can easily have a part 2.

joined Nov 14, 2013

Usually it's because they either want to avoid a character being confused as another with the same name (usually from a prior localization change) or because they want the same to maintain a similar mystique to the original when they localize it - Mary isn't as common a name in Japan as it is in English speaking countries but Marnie is less common and still sounds similar (see also Tina to Terra in Final Fantasy 6).

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Gloria's definitely a better name than Yuuri for an English setting though

I dunno, I can't ever see that name without reading it as "GLOOOOOOOOOORIIAAA".

At least with Yuuri I can read it normally. Granted that's more me being an idiot than anything.

last edited at Nov 25, 2019 7:34PM

Asagi_d4
joined Feb 23, 2017

Scottish Gloria is still the superior Gloria.

joined Feb 11, 2014

I agree, but has the Scottish Trainer meme really taken off in Japan at all?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I agree, but has the Scottish Trainer meme really taken off in Japan at all?

Hard to say. Much like how there's no direct way to translate Japan's regional dialects directly into English, the JP fans probably don't have any means to present their language in a definitively Scottish manner.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Nice, I hope this is only the beginning of a great flood. I love this pair.

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

Is the song big bro sang for her really a rap song? Or is it a "rabu song" written in kana which is supposed to mean "love song"? This brings me back a fan sub of YagaKimi first PV for the anime where the very same confusion happened...

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Is the song big bro sang for her really a rap song? Or is it a "rabu song" written in kana which is supposed to mean "love song"? This brings me back a fan sub of YagaKimi first PV for the anime where the very same confusion happened...

https://twitter.com/satomi_sann/status/1197129159333404672/photo/3

You are correct, it's love song.

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

Hey, thanks for using the original names.

last edited at Nov 25, 2019 8:10PM

Screenshot%202020-08-05%20at%209.30.03%20pm
joined Nov 21, 2019

We need more yuri with Scottish protagonists.

Yuriburrito
joined Apr 8, 2019

Eatin' curry wi' a lassie mukker is a fair o' dream o' mines too!

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Also i like the scottish trainer version better.

We are two in this.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Nicee

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Scottish trainer and Marnie are definitely both tops. I really want to see how they work around that

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

Fortunately, for me anyways, "Scottish Gloria" is not a thing in japanese doujins and fanart, it was funny in the beginning, but I like to understand what I'm reading (I support it if it's with Serena tho).

BeanBeanKingdom said:
Nice, I hope this is only the beginning of a great flood. I love this pair.

Fanart-wise, we are already having that flood.

whitenight2013 said:
Scottish trainer and Marnie are definitely both tops. I really want to see how they work around that

"definitely" huh?
98~99% of the fanart I have seen so far depict Mary as the bottom.

PS: Hey, thanks for using the original names.²

joined Feb 24, 2019

Nah, Marnie only thinks she's a top.

Screen%20shot%202017-11-22%20at%201.04.04%20pm
joined Nov 18, 2017

Nah, Marnie only thinks she's a top.

Agreed. Marine is definitely a girl who will do her best, but she is not a top. I've seen a lot of tops in my day and she isn't one of them.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Hey, thanks for using the original names.

+1 to this.

And Mary definitely seems like the kind of girl that would come out of a town called "Spiketown".

To reply you must either login or sign up.