Forum › Comprehensive Tovarisch discussion

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Updates been so long eaxh time it does i have to reread cuz i forgot what happened lol

Most of us will. I am going to start with chapter 1 even though I must have read it 5 x by now.

I really think all the jumping around here and in AnoKiss is partly because it's one solution to "If the main couple get together, the story is over." If you really want to stretch it out you could just fill it with boring SOL stuff. Instead you give people a bunch of sub-plots (and sub-couples) so they aren't bored but still stay interested in the MCs.

The Last Uniform, too, come to think of it. And Aoi Hana. Although there were 2 main couples in Last Uniform.

last edited at Nov 21, 2019 11:46PM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

I'm the only one to find the path of the manga quite odd ? Yuu's sisters appear only in the chapter before the last one. Kana's story is not really well developped, she is just mad at everyone most of the time. And the sidestories of the Schooges are so all over the place that i find quite hard tocare about it.

probably not i think most of us are aware of the weakness of the manga but we choose to ignore them becuase arata iri style is just so god damn funny, cute and unique and come on man there´s no way you don´t love kanna she´s just the best, quoting miyako on the break time part 9 "there´s never a dull day with kanna around"

DoctorStrangelove
System-shock-shodan-featured
joined Mar 22, 2018

Waited years for that last volume

joined May 1, 2013

I just want Osaka and the jock to make out. When do Osaka and the jock make out?

(Also, hot take: the student council isn't funny and doesn't add anything and shouldn't be in the story.)

(Hot take note: Of course I'm not counting Sera; she's the best in the whole thing and needs her own spin-off.)

Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

feels good to finish this after all those years and in my opinion it was worth the wait although I'm sad it had to end early. Man this could have gone places, could have been one of my favorites of all time but the good but kind of week resolutions to the couples in the manga means it's not one of my all-time favorites but it's still a real cute and good shoujo ai manga

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

It's been years. It finally happened, these chaotic dorks finally have their ending.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Actually the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life.

I somehow only just found this, and then after reading it all I found out it is finished bruh

Screenshot%202020-08-05%20at%209.30.03%20pm
joined Nov 21, 2019

I honestly didn't think I'd see the day that series would be complete. It had a very chaotic sense of humor that was fun to read, and I think Kanna is one of thee mot entertaining protagonists I've seen in a manga.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Dang, I would've liked to see Akatsuki and Rika also end up together, but I'll take the main ship setting sail. All in all, a pretty decent conclusion to this amazing story

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

By the way, I heard somewhere that there's a special chapter of Arata Iri's other series (the one with the miko club) in which characters from this series appear or something like that. Is that true or did misread something?

The Arata Iriverse is connected as far as I remember. Those crazy mindnumbing stories are all somehow happening at the same time.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

So, it's finally finished! I already read the last chapter years ago, and I kept hoping that the missing chapters would explain the sudden development between Yuu and Kanna. That doesn't happen, really. The author wastes a lot of time on that student council in what doesn't seem to serve any other purpose than to pad out the story, but hey, at least it led to a very sweet ending.

last edited at Nov 22, 2019 2:09PM

Screenshot%202020-08-05%20at%209.30.03%20pm
joined Nov 21, 2019

By the way, I heard somewhere that there's a special chapter of Arata Iri's other series (the one with the miko club) in which characters from this series appear or something like that. Is that true or did misread something?

The Arata Iriverse is connected as far as I remember. Those crazy mindnumbing stories are all somehow happening at the same time.

Really? That's pretty cool.

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

Thank you so much to the person bringing back this manga. I can't believe that after 7 years I'm actually witnessing this precious moment.

xxSatsumaChan420xx
Dbd174e7-39d8-417f-8544-a30c85fd6e62
joined Oct 15, 2016

I can finally pass away in peace now

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So that's why it was cut short. Because of the end of Tsubomi.

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

Even this manga have to end early, this ending doesn't fell force at all! Now i called that good writing. Just sad that we cannot experience more wonder in this series :'(

joined May 1, 2013

The editor was wrong.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I never thought this would get scanlated to the end, truly. It's been a long time, friends.

joined Dec 18, 2018

So can I assume based on comments that everything that exists of this series is now up here? Cos the page still says "ongoing".

Been putting off reading this because I didn't want to read it incomplete.

Adorable ending! Short feisty girls like Kanna are the best~

I wish they didn't include the student council, though.
It's just way too many characters for such a short series imo.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm very happy for them, they're super cute together... but I'm really mad they got interrupted in their first date -.- come on...
Ah but they're back at home now... Alone........................................................HMMMMMMMMMMM

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Nya-chan posted:

So that's why it was cut short. Because of the end of Tsubomi.

Yeah and it's very unfair... And we DID NOT need the student council (damn you editor!!), to think we could've had more development with the main characters instead :s

We still have Todo no Tsumari no Uchouten and I'm having a good time with it, but I heard that one also finished (I don't know how many chapters it has).

Hopefully her next work will be funny too and it's okay to be chaotic but just..... don't make it 10+ characters crazy +_+)

last edited at Nov 22, 2019 3:45PM

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

That was fantastic! The final extra was a terrific send off. What a fine and lovely pair.

I see how the chaotic use of side characters is not for everyone but I liked it.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Not only the end of Tsubomi (wow what a heartbreak that was in general) I think another factor was when this started (even though it was, what, only 2 years or so before AnoKiss?) it was more common for something like this to be when the two MCs confess the manga is over. Actually, in that sense, the closest comparison to this series is "Don't Become an Otaku, Shinozaki-san!" Zany over the top slice of life stuff dragging out the main couple and the minute Akina confesses to Kaede it's over. Since Comprehensive Tovarisch started, we have moved into an era where it's far more common to at least have a few chapters, if not more, after a confession even in a yuri romance.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Still Ongoing?

To reply you must either login or sign up.