Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

This is my favorite manga of all time. Never before have I encountered a work that has come as close to absolute perfection as Bloom Into You has. When reading the stage play arc, I kept thinking, "This is fucking brilliant." I'm convinced Nakatani-sensei is an actual genius, because the characters and plot are so expertly crafted that I had to wrack my brain for a while in order to even think of a single flaw. The anime adaptation is also superb, and I'm one among many praying that we can make yuri history and get a second season that finishes the story told in the manga. The final chapter is exactly what it needed to be, bringing a satisfying conclusion to every character's story. The time skip caught me off guard (in a good way), though it makes perfect sense in hindsight. I'm super excited to hear more about Sayaka's relationship with Haru-chan in the third light novel when it comes out in the spring.

It's sad saying goodbye to this world and its characters (though hopefully we'll get that second season eventually), but I'm really looking forward to seeing what genius creation Nakatani Nio puts out next.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I'm glad I put off reading this one until it was finished. I don't think I would have had the patience to wait for the next chapter, lol.

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Considering what ends up happening in the manga ending it kind of makes this doujin funny. https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_evening_breeze_blows_in

joined Aug 29, 2019

Considering what ends up happening in the manga ending it kind of makes this doujin funny. https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_evening_breeze_blows_in

I thought that one was pretty decent and funny in its own right. One of, like, only three hentai doujinshi for YagaKimi in existence?

I think it captured the character dynamic quite well, although the author obviously had to remove some social and mental restrictions to have them go all out already.

Now if only the art of that doujin had been on par with Nakatani's original. Come on, one can dream, right?

joined Sep 13, 2018

boy , its been a long time since i got so into a series that i continued from the anime to the manga. It was a fun ride actually

Also i think yuu made touko cum her brain out that night , she controls everything without having experience.

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

This is god

joined Jan 17, 2019

Wow! Nakatani-sensei knows how to impress and interest the audience.

The art was perfect, the story was great - what else should one need from a manga? Thank you so much, it was marvellous experience to join this ride :)

Also, nice dynamic between Yuu and Sayaka in the last chapter, even with all the honorifics-distance ;) Well played!

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

By the lack of updates to this thread, I'm assuming there's no extra chapter this time, right?

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

By the lack of updates to this thread, I'm assuming there's no extra chapter this time, right?

From what I understood, the extra chapter is coming mid-November at the earliest, more likely in late November.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

From what I understood, the extra chapter is coming mid-November at the earliest, more likely in late November.

Good to know. Thanks <3

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

Source ?

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Still waiting for the Volum 7 extras...

joined Oct 22, 2018

Source ?

It's something left in my memory from what was mentioned earlier on these forums, I think on this very forum. Unfortunately, I'm struggling to find it in the forum itself tho. I know that this comment included either an image or a link to an image showing the plans for the YagaKimi curtain fall (or something along those lines), so there's that.

last edited at Oct 28, 2019 4:12PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I just randomly read the final dozen chapters or so of this one, and man, I know it’s not news to anybody, but I have to say once again that Nakatani-sensei is just crazy skilled.

The Sayaka-confession-rejection sequence is so superbly staged I can barely believe it every time I read it. Stories routinely have characters undergo an emotional turning point, but even the ones that are competently done seem kind of mechanical and perfunctory compared to this one.

There are plenty of excellent yuri manga, but I don’t know of any that are quite so across-the-board satisfying as this series.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

No extra chapter in the magazine since the serialization has ended. The volume might have something but we don't know.

joined Oct 22, 2018

I don't know why, but whenever, while visiting the forums page, I see that (a) new post(s) have been made in this thread, my heart warms up a little.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I was putting off finishing this up since I didn't want it to be over
But I've finally read the last few chapters
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
dskldfjksldfjs;akl
My heart

Also I wanna see this elusive "Haru"

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Reminder that this jewel is over and you'll never get to see them again.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Sadist.

This really is excellence personified. There’s no real criteria for “Best Yuri Manga” ever, and I know that people’s tastes run such that there are desirable narrative and emotional payoffs this one doesn’t offer, but I feel confident in saying that there’s nothing this series tried to do that it didn’t execute so close to flawlessly as to make no difference.

last edited at Nov 12, 2019 9:57PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yup! I don't remember a time where people have genuinely shown disgust for the writing, a character or an arc ... I don't even remember people feeling bored or that something was dragged too long, in any series you can find people saying "damn the decision that X character did was too stupid!" and I might need to re-read everything to be sure but I bet there isn't a single unnecessary chapter in the whole series and we're talking about 45 chapters! so masterpiece or not, this is without a doubt one of the best yuri mangas ever made fairly speaking!

So I'm looking forward to Nakatani's next work no matter how long it takes.

joined Oct 22, 2018

We can still re-read it at any time. Also, there'll probs be bonus chapters with the release of the last volume. Not to mention that a season 2 of the anime, while not guaranteed, is more than likely to be made and seen.

10489882_731610843562234_6956319631533867213_n
joined Sep 2, 2014

There's something bothering me for a while... At the end of Volume 1 Yuu says: "But what I didn't realize at the time, was that being near her meant I'd have to give up something else" (according to Seven seas translation)
What was that "something else" Yuu gave up anyway?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

There's something bothering me for a while... At the end of Volume 1 Yuu says: "But what I didn't realize at the time, was that being near her meant I'd have to give up something else" (according to Seven seas translation)
What was that "something else" Yuu gave up anyway?

We’ve been around about this before—the consensus as I recall it was: “the ability to fall in love with (in the the alternative: express my feelings for) senpai.”

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016
Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

LN is out digitally this month, next year in paperback.

https://sevenseasentertainment.com/books/bloom-into-you-light-novel-vol-1/

To reply you must either login or sign up.