Forum › Wife and College Student discussion

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Ouch.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, damn... Clearly not a healthy relationship, but at the same time, the ending suggests that her husband does care about her, at least on the good days. Not enough for me to forgive the abuse, by far, but it does make the story slightly less black and white and explains why she's still staying with him despite the problems, even if it may be the wrong choice in the end.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Kill that guy. It's the only solution.

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Wait why the hell am I getting notifications that I'm following this kind of thing?

Well, damn... Clearly not a healthy relationship, but at the same time, the ending suggests that her husband does care >about her, at least on the good days. Not enough for me to forgive the abuse, by far, but it does make the story slightly >less black and white and explains why she's still staying with him despite the problems, even if it may be the wrong >choice in the end.

Ya cares for her by taking her to a place that will be a mild form of torture between pain from the water on her wounds and having to expose her bruised body to others assuming she is even able to go into the baths at all. Sounds more like he is going to a hot spring and just bringing her along for sex and to probably serve him.

last edited at Jul 5, 2019 12:24PM

joined Apr 15, 2013

Well, damn... Clearly not a healthy relationship, but at the same time, the ending suggests that her husband does care about her, at least on the good days. Not enough for me to forgive the abuse, by far, but it does make the story slightly less black and white and explains why she's still staying with him despite the problems, even if it may be the wrong choice in the end.

That's kind of how abusive relationships work. Sure, things are generally pretty bad, but every once in a while you get a glimpse of love and decency and that keeps you from leaving.

joined Mar 18, 2018

This legit made me pissed off! Any man (fictional or real) that hurt a woman is not worthy of calling himself a man!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ya cares for her by taking her to a place that will be a mild form of torture between pain from the water on her wounds and having to expose her bruised body to others assuming she is even able to go into the baths at all. Sounds more like he is going to a hot spring and just bringing her along for sex and to probably serve him.

Well, it's certainly clear that he doesn't know or doesn't care how this will affect her. As said, nothing he does, whether out of genuine care or only to seem like that, will excuse the, as far as we can tell, far more common abuse. It's a slight ray of hope she sees that keeps her with him, but I do hope she'll realize it's not enough before it's too late. I really have trouble finding the correct words here, so I apologize if I might seem to make excuses for him, that was certainly not my intention.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

The entire "point" of abusive relationships is that the abuser is practically never "just" a messed up psychopath who only 24/7 physically and emotionally abuses their partner. The very "mechanism" of abusive relationships include that they are also sometimes caring and apologetic for their behavior, along with promising to not do it again and so on and so forth.

His gesture is literally meaningless. It excuses nothing, as has been said, but it also means nothing.

People have to understand that genuinely loving someone is not contradicting to also genuinely abusing the same person. If it's abuse, it's abuse. Get the fuck away before you end up as a corpse.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

With this sort of setting and premise, it doesn't look like the MCs have any chance of yuri happiness. Their future looks pretty bleak.

Unless, of course, the story goes this way.

In which case, the bleak would still be there but turn into a good kind of bleak. Heh heh heh.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

That ain't right. Also women sometimes stay with their abusers because their partner holds them hostage financially. Like if she were to leave him she wouldn't have anywhere else to go. Effectively trapping her in the relationship.

MiskaRose-san
C5644df4-6640-46e8-a85c-f7d23678316d
joined Nov 11, 2018

I go destroy that shit worse husband

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Sequel please
Where the wife leaves the husband, hopefully

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

^Sequel, where the husband goes to jail, get murdered there and she get a zillion in insurance and payouts... and then move next door! :-)

This is tough stuff, the amount of damage is inexcusable, he's violently beating the shit out of her on a nightly basis. Calling the cops is the only real solution, aside from murdering him...

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

The uni student should call the police but I guess she wants to respect what the married woman wants, even though it's silently killing her, or both of those girls I should say

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

If he's hurting her hair it should be pointed out to him sharply that it's a woman's treasure. Just saying.

joined Apr 23, 2019

I would say, her wounds are not physical. It's how student girl sees her real self.
Woman is probably closeted lesbian, ending in marriage with a guy who truly loves her. She is making everyone else happy, but not herself.
Younger woman sees it, so she asked "Why did you get married?" - (when you are not attracted to men).
Married woman is hurting herself having physical relations (sex) with her husband, and bruises what student girl sees, are those wounds. When she hears them "fighting" every night, she hears them having sex. - ("he is just clumsy" shows how she is not enjoying sex with him, having no pleasures at all, so younger girl called it "abusing", putting her on the spot).

After confession, woman rejected her, excusing herself being married.
At the end, we all can see her husband loves his wife, taking her to the hot spring, brightly smiling - (he is in love, for sure). But student girl knows it can't heal the "bruises", and it will sting more. But she can't do nothing. At least, she tried. It's up to married woman, her choice...

I like this manga, because it's a slap to readers how in reality soul hurting would look like physically (when eyes are open to see what is deeply hidden).

last edited at Jul 6, 2019 5:56AM

joined Apr 24, 2015

There's no hint of that at all and you pulled that theory out of nowhere but it's not a bad theory.

bubbleteabird
F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I believe that bringing her to the hot spring is a way for the husband to manipulate the wife into staying with him. He pretends to give her a present (the hot spring) as a way to have more emotional control in the relationship, to make the wife believe that he is capable of changing.
The fact that the hot spring water will cause even further pain to the wife's cuts symbolizes the husband's deceptive nature.

Seira%20the%20boss
joined Jun 25, 2017

This legit made me pissed off! Any man (fictional or real) that hurt a woman is not worthy of calling himself a man!

I totally agree. A real man shall never lay a hand on a woman, no matter what. I personally would rather get kicked in the face than slapping a lady.

I really hate abusive relationships, no matter the genre and think people who still stay are purely foolish. Not only they are stupid by putting themselves in danger, they put their surrounding in an awkward position, unable to help but unable to just ignore and pretend everything is right. Just because they are nice 1% of time is not enough reason and fearing to be thrown homeless is not a reason. As long as there's life, there's hope so it is sometimes better to start from zero than to suffer like an idiot.

Fb_img_1519001452689
joined Feb 14, 2018

but shouldn't she have just called the cops if she knew there was a disturbance next door

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Thanks for the comments guys, another sad story avoided thanks to u guys

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

I believe that bringing her to the hot spring is a way for the husband to manipulate the wife into staying with him. He pretends to give her a present (the hot spring) as a way to have more emotional control in the relationship, to make the wife believe that he is capable of changing.
The fact that the hot spring water will cause even further pain to the wife's cuts symbolizes the husband's deceptive nature.

That's actually what I thought so too.

Also these relationships in real life always infuriated me. I always hated seeing my friends get into that kind of thing with their partners. Some of them knew they were in a abusive relationship and others had told me that at first they never realised it until it got much worse. A thing they both had in common was that they felt dependent on their partner. That there wasn't a reason to leave them.. So this manga is just one of those real life examples. Please if you know anyone in a similar situation just talk to them. Let them know that you and anyone else are there for them. That you care for their well being and that they are not alone.

Aaron.qghpb
joined Nov 18, 2019

Many people get married when they are in college. This is normal, but you have little time to study. I did not even have time to do my homework. But after we were asked to write an essay about Lord of the Flies, I found a site with many examples and which you can read more at this website https://tooly.io/lord-of-the-flies/ Students are always looking for ways not to do homework a lot of time. It is very effective and absolutely free.

last edited at Nov 20, 2019 10:23AM

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Thanks for the comments guys, another sad story avoided thanks to u guys

Nevermind, I accidentally forgot to check the comments and wound up reading it anyway. Sad ending, but not the worse one I've read. But, if this were a comedy, the husband actually is just so classy that he's accidentally hurting his wife, creating a misunderstanding.

Cmdhakiusaeyptl
joined Jul 15, 2016

Oh Please, there's no such things as good days for a abusers. Her staying is an unfortunate effect of being abused by someone they have history with. This girl doesn't deserve any of this

To reply you must either login or sign up.