Forum › Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl discussion

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

This looks like it will be a good ride.

looks more like it will become more stupid over time if you ask me. While I know it´s possible to confuse the gender of the person in front of you they are literally in the same class. did they never have PE together and wondered why the "boy" is in their changing room.
As a Yuri fanboy I will of course read it. the artstyle is more than nice enough and I want to see how unrealistic stupid they will get over time.
But looking at it objectively this is incredibly weak.

They are in college, so no shared PE anymore... IIRC.

They only share litterature class

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Suspension of disbelieve wants to enter the chat

101695563_1228934467449287_6385854384514312096_o%202
joined Sep 14, 2019

Well this can turn out to be something really good or it just flats down during next few chapters

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Not bad.

Nice spin compared to Mochi's other stories

Nah, it will turn out they're sisters.

Jarnan
joined Sep 18, 2017

I, too, like to think about Pink Floyd on the occasion. More Shine On You Crazy Diamond than Dark Side Of The Moon, though.

Yuuparu%20cuddle
joined Apr 7, 2013

Ugggh. As much as I love the premise of "handsome girl is mistaken for a boy", I find this more annoying than cute when Kanda doesn't have any reason to keep her gender a secret.
I agree with everyone else, I hope the premise is dropped in a chapter or two, but this is a manga; I don't have high hopes.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Majoccoid's artwork really is amazing. I said it before, but I wouldn't mind if all of Mochi's stories were done by this artist. A dream team if I ever saw one. Though this decidedly doesn't feel like a Mochi kind of plot. Mostly because Mochi wouldn't stay so contend with keeping it simple.

Now as for the plot... I think you have to be basically mentally challenged to think Kanda looks like a boy, but what can you do, it's manga logic.
If you really, really commit to this stupid plot you can probably squeeze out an entire series somehow(hundreds of cross-dressing/pretender manga confirm this), but the sooner the truth gets out the better imo. It's a fun set-up for how a straight girl slides into a gay relationship and comes to the conclusion that she doesn't care about the gender anymore. Kanda herself seems relatively fine with it too. If she hated it so much she would probably already have come clean to her.

If Ooguma's strait then this whole romance was doomed from the start, but the foreshadowing suggests otherwise. What strait girl makes it all the way to college without ever finding a guy attractive and then has the first person she ever finds attractive turn out to be a woman?

This looks like it will be fun and cute.

last edited at Sep 15, 2019 6:57AM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

As long as it doesn't go the gag manga route and drag out the initial joke until it's lost any semblance of humour or life this seems like it could be a really fun series.

joined Oct 15, 2014

As long as it doesn't go the gag manga route and drag out the initial joke until it's lost any semblance of humour or life this seems like it could be a really fun series.

I agree but I'm not getting my hopes up for it

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

If Ooguma's strait then this whole romance was doomed from the start, but the foreshadowing suggests otherwise. What strait girl makes it all the way to college without ever finding a guy attractive and then has the first person she ever finds attractive turn out to be a woman?

Now let me clarify. When I call a girl a straight girl, I am talking about her own assumed sexuality. She doesn't doubt at any point that she is into guys, so she is straight. Whether she will later realize that she is bi or was gay all along (yes the foreshadowing was obvious) is a different story.

joined Jul 20, 2016

O my god this too good >w<)

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

That color page had me fall in love with Majoccoid's art. Inner fangirling intensifies

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I see a Mochi credit, but I don't see the incest.

Guys I'm freaking out, I think my world view has been damaged.

Well, they've already pretended to be related, so . . . situational incest cosplay, anyway?

joined Apr 30, 2019

Omg the drawing is sooo nice I need more NOW

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@Verethragna In college / uni you dont have near as close a contact with the people in your classes - i think the majority of them you wont get to know a thing about - and maybe they all just started too?

Anyways the art is very nice! But I hope it being a colab doesn't mean mochi plays it safe and simple.

last edited at Sep 15, 2019 9:25AM

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Loving the aesthetic

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

For some reason I keep reading "Kanda-kun" as "Kinda fun" I don't know why

2ab229b7cc4edicon14
joined Jan 24, 2019

this is so cute

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

I think this would've turned it out better as a long one-shot with a proper conclusion. but the straight-girl-realizing-she's-hella-gay stories are my jam, so we'll see!

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

WHAT? Is this Mochi's art? Uow!

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

WHAT? Is this Mochi's art? Uow!

Nope, Majoccoid's. Mochi is just the writer.

last edited at Sep 15, 2019 9:55AM

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Worst part of this in my opinion is Kanda's a smoker. Maybe the cinnamon roll that's now attached to her will convince her to stop that.

(Also, I low key want the clueless girl to end up being the smart top.)

joined Aug 21, 2017

Seems like this will be fun

29216120_985796631584578_7844572378056777434_n
joined Nov 5, 2017

looks promising

Rps20190516_131448
joined Feb 8, 2019

(Also, I low key want the clueless girl to end up being the smart top.)

^^^^^^ This~

To reply you must either login or sign up.