Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

saw the tag and slammed my laptop shut XD had to squeal for a second b4 i continued on just to prepare myself.. i still wasn't prepared for that tho ;<; that was so fuckin sweet and the dialog/monolog was perfect TTuTT almost reminds me of the sexy times scene in the kase san series: beautifully done, exquisite, excellent, lightly playing with my heartstrings and so freakin SWEET and GENTLE! FUCK I LIVE FOR THIS STUFF IM CRYING

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

How tastefully done was the final lude erbody here was angsting for? Honestly, most deserved Yuri anime ever, this whole manga was thoughtful, unrushed and feels natural all the way through. Looking forward to the final chapter (kinda... it's a shame it's over but damn it was done well) and then looking forward to the rest of it being animated

This. Frankly, while I try to support artists as much as I can, I don't have as much spare money for anime and manga as I used to.There are very few yuri I've been able to buy and support, Girlfriends being one of them. And while there are a few yuri I've enjoyed as much as this series, I don't think there are any that can match the quality of Bloom Into You.

Someone else already said it, but this is a masterpiece. Will be buying manga/anime adaptions.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I've only read the Kusoshop translation but 4s admitted to making a big mistake on page 3: Yuu calls Touko's name with no honorific right in front of Touko's parents, and Yuu dropping the honorific was supposed to be a big bomb dropped at the end of the chapter after, you know.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I've only read the Kusoshop translation but 4s admitted to making a big mistake on page 3: Yuu calls Touko's name with no honorific right in front of Touko's parents, and Yuu dropping the honorific was supposed to be a big bomb dropped at the end of the chapter after, you know.

I hardly noticed it, but you're right.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Oh my gosh the lewds are canon* now.

When I started reading this I didn't think I'd ever see lewds of these two, much less official ones.

last edited at Sep 2, 2019 6:41PM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Once this manga ends, I hope we have another series but it revolves on Sayaka moving on and eventually getting a new love interest!!(c'mon we all know she deserves a girlfriend). So basically kinda like how Lily Love ran and then the prequel focuses on P'ploy and Ice instead of Donut and Mew.

There is a spin-off series about Sayaka, but if I remember it right it's a novel and it's a prequel.

By the way, LL2 isn't a prequel, it's set in the time frame between the last two chapters of LL.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Oh my gosh the lewds are cannon now.

When I started reading this I didn't think I'd ever see lewds of these two, much less official ones.

While Rule #34 has been relatively kind to the cast of Bloom into You, it has not entirely spared them.

Having them engage in sex officially is much appreciated.

joined Dec 16, 2017

I'm jealous. First time a manga ever made me feel like I wanted something like that in my love life. That was beautiful. Here's to hoping they stay the course.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Oh my gosh the lewds are cannon now.

But are they big enough?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Mayjaplaya posted:

I noticed it too. It's a glaring error.

I found it odd that Yuu would say "Touko" without honorific in front of her parents.

At most, she would have said "Touko-senpai" and not "Nanami-senpai",because her parents are also "Nanami" people and that would have been awkward.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I noticed it too. It's a glaring error.

I found it odd that Yuu would say "Touko" without honorific in front of her parents.

At most, she would have said "Touko-senpai" and not "Nanami-senpai",because her parents are also "Nanami" people and that would have been awkward.

It wouldn't have been awkward in Japanese to call her "Nanami-senpai" in front of her parents since the senpai honorific is enough to tell who she's referring to and it's probably what she would have used if she had addressed her name at all (she didn't).

B61e85481cd305c6139d74d53e7100cf--pixel-ideas
joined Sep 20, 2017

I remember I used to think there wont be a happy ending for these two. Look where we are now. Gonna miss this so much ;_; Hope there will be a season 2 for the anime

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I was wondering if this forum thread would reach a million views. It seems very likely right now.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I was wondering if this forum thread would reach a million views. It seems very likely right now.

Yeah, but it's not a patch on What Does the Fox Say?, and that only has 2 of 90+ chapters here.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

That chapter was beautiful.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Yeah, but it's not a patch on What Does the Fox Say?, and that only has 2 of 90+ chapters here.

Pointless melodrama and gratuitous sex attract more attention than well structured writing and tasteful sexual relations between characters who earned it.

last edited at Sep 2, 2019 2:48PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Pointless melodrama and gratuitous sex attract more attention than well structured writing and tasteful sexual relations between characters who earned it.

Now, now, let's stay on-topic.

I haven't really looked all that hard, but I do think this series may have the second most "chapter discussion" views and posts.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

They did the do

0013%20-%20copy
joined Feb 8, 2019

The NSFW tag spoiled alot ch44.

120x120px-ls-38203a65_avatar65018_8
joined Oct 27, 2011

Yuu is the most not useless lesbian i have seen in a yuri manga

finally somebody pointed it out ! We did fight hard in real life though

7903736f-23f1-43d2-bcca-91f78cf5aff1
joined Feb 18, 2019

warm, loving and cute as fUCK and a lovely conclusion to their character development ;-; this will forever go down as the best yuri manga for me

joined Aug 29, 2019

Yeah, sadly it kinda does. I mean, it was rather obvious that it would happen, but it was refreshing to walk into the scene blind.

warm, loving and cute as fUCK and a lovely conclusion to their character development ;-; this will forever go down as the best yuri manga for me

Idk, why specify that it's the best yuri manga?
I haven't read much manga, so I couldn't really tell, but the anime adaptation is at the very top of my favourite list, regardless of genre. Up until then I had maintained for years that the top was divided among three to four excellent shows, but I ended up enjoying Bloom into You more than any of those because it did what I'd hoped it might do (within the confines of an unfinished source manga and only half the story being told) and did it superbly well. In a sense I was compelled to create a top spot above the pantheon.
I mean, I don't usually follow seasonal anime for more than a few episodes before opting to binge it after it's done airing, but with Bloom into You it was very different. Not only did I diligently keep up with the show, having started after the release of ep. 3 in the English dub, but kept re-watching all episodes each week at least once. I loved it hard.
The only other (airing) show that had been so compelling for me in recent memory was Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid (which kinda should count as Yuri as well IMO), and while I found it fantastic as well, it did not impact me quite as much.

last edited at Sep 2, 2019 3:48PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah, sadly it kinda does. I mean, it was rather obvious that it would happen, but it was refreshing to walk into the scene blind.

On the other hand, if someone were tempted to read it at work . . .

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Now, now, let's stay on-topic.

I haven't really looked all that hard, but I do think this series may have the second most "chapter discussion" views and posts.

It depends on whether you count Citrus and Citrus+ as two different things. The original thread has 976,309 views, but it adds up to 1,046,477 views with the sequel.

Which makes me wonder when (if ever) we'll have YagaKimi being sold here in my country (so far, Citrus is the only yuri manga that I've managed to find in local bookstores).

EDIT: The Fluttering Feelings thread has 1,560,816 views, it tops WDtFS.

last edited at Sep 2, 2019 3:53PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

On the other hand, if someone were tempted to read it at work . . .

Not gonna lie... I did. On my cell, using my mobile data, not the the company WiFi, while taking a short break.

To reply you must either login or sign up.