Forum › Anime season

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Granbelm seems to have decided that it wants to be about girls that aren't sure if they want to kill or fuck each other. The last episode was fairly openly about a sadist's love, as well

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Zexalfan posted:

I don't know how it does it, and it may be only me, but damn it feels like every episode of Machikado Mazoku manages to better than the last, I was smiling the whole time during this week's episode

They look so good together hehehe

They really do! (they even call them Shami Momo for their Duo song lol)

random question, did anybody though of the Kindred spirits on the Roof opening song when listeing to the Machikado opening? I don't know I feelt it had a similar vibe, so I was just wondering

Everytime I see it I feel like I would enjoy Symphogear but haven't watch it yet since the director of the it also did a Yu-Gi-Oh! show that really liked at first but didn't like it's final season at all, so I am always weary about it.

also cause it's another "long runner" and I am not even keeping up with what I have lol same reason I haven't watch Aikatsu as well.

And unless you really dislike magic and mechs, I would recommend you watch it even if it doesn't go full on yuri (which it might; it still has 4 more episodes to go (probably), so there's time)

A friend actually recomended it to me because of the mechas and (in Shamiko's voice) "Mahou Shoujo", so yuri/subtext aside it's a decently good show I take it?

last edited at Aug 25, 2019 2:05AM

joined Mar 11, 2016

Granbelm is worth watching. Romance is not its main genre but you do get girls going crazy over other girls (last ep). :p

Can we just ship Majo & her sister? They look so good together. >_<

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

it's a decently good show I take it?

You speaking about Symphogear? No it is not a good show. It is a batshit insane fucking amazing show!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Symphogay: So if Miku dies we riot, right? We storm Japan instead of area 51!
I mean, I know it'll prolly be similar to S2........
idk this "friend" talk...kinda annoying, she's not her "sun" now? Just her "friend"? They better hold hands at the end.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

idk this "friend" talk...kinda annoying, she's not her "sun" now? Just her "friend"? They better hold hands at the end.

I mean with all Miku has said in the ferris wheel, i doubt they can still play the friends card.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Granbelm seems to have decided that it wants to be about girls that aren't sure if they want to kill or fuck each other. The last episode was fairly openly about a sadist's love, as well
So just normal teenagers?

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Everybody will be fine in the end. I do wonder though if the "friend" thing is on purpose. Hibiki really says it a lot.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Everybody will be fine in the end. I do wonder though if the "friend" thing is on purpose. Hibiki really says it a lot.

Because Hibiki is dense, i will again talk about the ferris wheel scene but what Miku said in it is pretty clear and Hibiki still said she don't understand. I'm hoping by the end of the season that Miku will make it really clear and confessto Hibiki because still playing friendship card at this point is really annoying. Hell, they even joke about that love in the OVAs.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Damn, Lily was extra thirsty today.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

(https://i.imgur.com/l3Da7aG.png)

Damn, Lily was extra thirsty today.

Loli was on danger from two sides, Majime even got worked up... This show is going to generate some interesting doujin...

last edited at Aug 30, 2019 5:33PM by Nezchan

joined Apr 8, 2018

I didn't think there would be any yuri this season. but I am happy to see I was wrong

I've actually had the opposite experience? Machikado Mazoku, Granbelm, and Symphogear have all been much lighter on the yuri elements than I'd expected. I mean, they're good, and there's some yuri there, just... not what I'd been anticipating

Considering you couldn't admit Hina Logi was outright yuri, no surprises you can't see the blatant yuri in these shows either.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Also Sounan desu ka is very subtexty.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Considering you couldn't admit Hina Logi was outright yuri, no surprises you can't see the blatant yuri in these shows either.

Okay, you should note that that post is a month old, and was reasonable at the time. And I'm pretty certain you're confusing me with someone else on the Hina Logi thing. And why are you trying to start a fight anyway?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I don't think anyone should judge how yuri a thing is before the season's done. You can avoid that kind of arguing that way.

joined Jan 1, 2014

Reminds me of that surprise kiss at the end of twilight girl(Autumn, last year). Although it was already heavy on the subtext before that.

Looking at next season's shows,

bookworm has the rare female MC in an isekia anime[plenty in LNs] that is not an reverse harem anime. Not expecting any subtext though.

Houkago Saikoro Club All-girl club anime are always a good thing.

Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Season of female Isekia MCs?

Z/X: Code Reunion another card-game anime with an all-girl cast, those always turned out decent(the mermaid one and hina logic).

Rifle Is Beautiful Insert joke about school shootings by cute girls here.

Azur lane hope no commander or he is not male at least, but even then we'll get Portland's siscon urges.

Jet Girls Just 2 girls racing on a single jet ski together.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

rederoin posted:

bookworm has the rare female MC in an isekia anime[plenty in LNs] that is not an reverse harem anime. Not expecting any subtext though.

I read a bit of manga. The premise is sadly very hard to take seriously. Ironically it could be great series, if she wasn't so obsessed with books.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Reminds me of that surprise kiss at the end of twilight girl(Autumn, last year). Although it was already heavy on the subtext before that.

Looking at next season's shows,

Houkago Saikoro Club All-girl club anime are always a good thing.

Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Season of female Isekia MCs?

Z/X: Code Reunion another card-game anime with an all-girl cast, those always turned out decent(the mermaid one and hina logic).

Rifle Is Beautiful Insert joke about school shootings by cute girls here.

Azur lane hope no commander or he is not male at least, but even then we'll get Portland's siscon urges.

I think my next season will be sport and brain. I will go with Hougako, Rifle and Jet girls. Isekai is a no-go even if it's girl MC.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I've been enjoying the manga, but, no, there's not really any yuri subtext. Bit of het subtext, actually

Are we sure Portland is even in it? They've been really holding back on telling us what they're doing here

Six pairs of girls. Not just two. This one does have clear yuri, but it's also a trashy fanservice series that doesn't have enough budget to make the fanservice look good

joined Jan 1, 2014

I've been enjoying the manga, but, no, there's not really any yuri subtext. Bit of het subtext, actually

Are we sure Portland is even in it? They've been really holding back on telling us what they're doing here

Six pairs of girls. Not just two. This one does have clear yuri, but it's also a trashy fanservice series that doesn't have enough budget to make the fanservice look good

They better have Portland, they can't do this to me.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vRo-tg2oyU Another trailer for Fragtime

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Lilliwyt posted:

Never before flipping skirt was so romantic.

joined May 7, 2017

Since this is a anime discussion topic, in case you don't know/were looking for, Magia Record's anime premieres next year https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2019/09/08-1/magia-record-puella-magi-madoka-magica-side-story-anime-first-trailer-sparkles-with-magical-girl-goodness

joined Mar 11, 2016

So yuri is dead in Carol&Tuesday?

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

That actually looks pretty good! Time to reread

To reply you must either login or sign up.