Forum › SHY discussion

Letys%20try%20this%20again
joined Mar 26, 2017

Thank you Stan for finding all these great manga.

Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

wow this one looks fantastic and promising! I can't wait for more superhero stories

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Oooh I'm always up for another superhero story. Of course Japan's designated hero is a sort of magical girl hybrid hah.

And of course the Mexican hero is a Luchador... seriously, if he isn't the wrestler I would be dissaopointed,

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Ordering error in ch2 (watch out for dem numbers) (edit: fixed)

last edited at Aug 18, 2019 12:52PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I don't know if it's worth to mention that Unnie is the korean honorific for adressing a woman older than you.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Now, will this go very dark or can Shy save her fully? Looking forward to Chapter 3.

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

It's not yuri but the yuri potential is off the charts!!!!!

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Ooooooooooooohhhh I look forward to seeing how this goes

last edited at Aug 18, 2019 1:48PM

DoctorStrangelove
System-shock-shodan-featured
joined Mar 22, 2018

Nice, two chapters in one day. I thought we were gonna have to wait an while between chapters, given how long the first one was, and we’ll, I guess we still might have to wait a while from here, but 2 chapters, woot! Nice art, nice characters, I’m hooked!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I really like the sister, I hope she's saved and doesn't get hurt again ... and I really hope they can be (((((((friends)))))))

last edited at Aug 18, 2019 2:19PM

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

The monster design is 10/10

D525a963d92aba474eda1c98c6186d29
joined Apr 22, 2014

I don't post, im more of a lurker around these parts, but this manga has made me just want to say what i think.

The heart of the earth, alright, so heroes appeared because of the earth maybe unnie is the representation of such heart. The unknown person that transformed koishikawa had marks around their nose that reminded me of craters like those in the moon, so my bet it that this one represents the heart of the moon, and on top of that the dark side of the moon, kinda fits the theme.

Wild theory seeing how its only 2 chapters in but my 2 cents are in the basket for now, this manga seems that is gonna be quite interesting, yuri or not.

Pero01
joined Apr 1, 2014

Only 2 chaps and I'm already shipping the MC with every cute girl she meets

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Somnus posted:

The heart of the earth, alright, so heroes appeared because of the earth maybe unnie is the representation of such heart. The unknown person that transformed koishikawa had marks around their nose that reminded me of craters like those in the moon, so my bet it that this one represents the heart of the moon, and on top of that the dark side of the moon, kinda fits the theme.

baka-inu posted:

Only 2 chaps and I'm already shipping the MC with every cute girl she meets

There are 2 kind of Dynasty readers...

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

There are 2 kind of Dynasty readers...

"There's two kind of Dynasty readers. The difference between them is that both are gay."

Either way, personally, while I like the art, the story and setting seems kinda ... I don't want to say "worn-out" to me. It just feels like these types of characters that do these types of things for these type of reasons have been around a lot lately.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Either way, personally, while I like the art, the story and setting seems kinda ... I don't want to say "worn-out" to me. It just feels like these types of characters that do these types of things for these type of reasons have been around a lot lately.

Well given the whole superhero genre is like a century plus old and has had multiple phases of thematic de- and reconstruction a certain sense of familiarity would be a mite difficult to avoid. As with many genres the question is rather if the author can do something novel and/or interesting with the familiar ingredients and/or use them skillfully enough; cooking analogs are obvious.

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

step the heck aside, boku no my hero academia nuts

joined Apr 21, 2019

YOOOOOO! I'm so here for this! (some politics in the references to nations but oof!)

joined Apr 29, 2019

MY LEG

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

Stan Miller always picks good ones! I'm excited for chapter 3!

joined Jan 26, 2019

"I don't have a boyfriend"

Excellent

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Looks good so far.

Chamo
joined Mar 15, 2019

It's not yuri but the yuri potential is off the charts!!!!!

It's not yuri, but isn't it nice to know that Shy will definitely have a beatiful slow burn romance with the girl she saved once and is going to save again? I'm happy for them and the two kids the will adopt after they get married!

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

I'm curious about the other heroes.

That masked person is probably a Mexican luchador, but who's the black haired girl? French? Korean? Chinese?

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Y'know despite the obvious parallels to a certain anime, this is shaping up to be a really promising series.

last edited at Aug 18, 2019 8:01PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.