Forum › Haru and Midori discussion

Img_1096
joined Sep 29, 2018

God, that flashback transition on pages 8 and 9 hurts so good. I absolutely love how emotionally poignant these little bits of visual storytelling can be. It adds even more depth to an already heart-wrenching story.

Man, as unlikely as it is, I really hope this gets some sort of anime adaption. Hell if doesn't deserve it.

joined May 1, 2015

Midori is judging herself way too harshly. The real Tsugumi wouldn't say such a thing. Tsugumi would be happy to know that her dear childhood friend is taking care of her beloved daughter.
She is not doing this out of atonement, she is doing it because she wants to.
Now with that being said, we are caught up with the raws.
Thank you to everyone working on this project

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

From the manga's description I thought this was going to be a love story between Midori and Haru. Well it seems that this is not possibly the case, and I'm glad because it's weird for me to ship a well grown adult with a kid.
I do think there's some potential with that black haired classmate of Haru though.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Personal preference would be some weird shit like Tsugumi faked her death and comes back and all three live together as a big happy family, but that's just me being a hopeful idiot since that would make very little sense in the story.

Ohh haven't thought of that at all. I so hope it happens xD although the chances are very low. But well, now I have a new headcanon to cope with this story lol

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

glad i found this series because this shit is EXCELLENT i cant wait for more

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

also are haru and midori going to hook up or what

joined May 25, 2019

Aaah I'm kinda confused but I don't know. I think it's because I can't talk about things with you all and don't know what to say. I like the story... point, is there anything more to say. I want to discuss too.

Like I said before I'm confused but that's always so when I see discussions about something I'm involved. (Screech that all).

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Like I said before I'm confused [...]

We can tell.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Aaah I'm kinda confused but I don't know. I think it's because I can't talk about things with you all and don't know what to say. I like the story... point, is there anything more to say. I want to discuss too.

Like I said before I'm confused but that's always so when I see discussions about something I'm involved. (Screech that all).

Well, since you say you like it, one traditional way to contribute to a discussion is to specify what you like about it.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Bruh this shit make me sad :'(

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

If you feel thirsty for more age gap where you're not sure if you want it to be yuri or stay slife of life(is this a new genre?) here's this https://mangadex.org/title/35217/ikoku-nikki the circumstances are .... "similar" but the characters are completely different!

I made a suggestion to have it uploaded in dynasty too but who knows.... Well.... There goes that

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

wow reread this to catch up and cried thru the whole thing. i like what is out so far. kinda needs aaangst and depressing as fuck tags though, doesn't it?

orangepekoe: this entire manga is a repeating gut punch.

last edited at Sep 3, 2019 2:24PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The moment I didn't know if I wanted to see is finally here.............and I still don't know.

Runrin try ikoku-nikki next :)

last edited at Sep 19, 2019 7:50PM

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

another interesting chapter. looking forward to finding out more about these two.

also, who is that girl looking at haru? hopefully no one too important. i hate when so many yuri authors just pop in a new character to complicate things. these two have enough to work out without someone interfering. plus i find it tedious.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

another interesting chapter. looking forward to finding out more about these two.

also, who is that girl looking at haru? hopefully no one too important. i hate when so many yuri authors just pop in a new character to complicate things. these two have enough to work out without someone interfering. plus i find it tedious.

Isn’t that Misaki from Haru’s class?

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/haru_and_midori_ch08#4

joined Mar 15, 2015

I liked this chapter, especially Haru getting a turn as the POV character, but I do have to wonder if the story is veering toward romance territory, since Haru's starting to question the nature of her feelings toward Midori.

Now that I think about it, the girl does seem to be Misaki, assuming it's her surname, rather than her first name (Another has a girl with the first name Misaki, and two characters with the surname Misaki).

last edited at Sep 19, 2019 8:56PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I liked this chapter, especially Haru getting a turn as the POV character, but I do have to wonder if the story is veering toward romance territory, since Haru's starting to question the nature of her feelings toward Midori.

I was reading it the other way around—that Haru might be getting a bit squicked out by being accidentally called “Tsugumi-chan” when Midori was ill.

And since she called Midori a “weirdo” when she was talking to her aunt, it seemed to me that she’s consciously keeping some distance there.

@Serenata: Good call— Ikoko Nikki (elsewhere titled as Different Country Diary) is quite good, and quite parallel, only with a totally different (like, opposite) character type as the caretaker person.

last edited at Sep 19, 2019 9:12PM

Whatsapp%20image%202019-04-25%20at%2010.16.22%20pm%20(1)
joined Jan 4, 2018

the cover page of chapter 9 is exactly a "distracted boyfriend" meme lol

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I thought the same thing xD

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

"My dead mom is my love rival"

I cracked up. Lol.

last edited at Sep 20, 2019 1:03AM

joined Mar 18, 2018

Looks like Haru-chan is starting to get jealous of her own mother~

Fb_img_1519001452689
joined Feb 14, 2018

i only suspected midori bring gay at first but when i saw that flannel i knew

last edited at Sep 20, 2019 2:37AM

Img_1096
joined Sep 29, 2018

"My dead mom is my love rival"

That's a title lol

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

I suppose "I have a crush on you because you look and act exactly how I remember your mom" is going to be a difficult subject to broach.

To reply you must either login or sign up.