Forum › So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or? discussion

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

The author is doing a fantastic job representing straight people trying to butt into a relationship that is none of their business.

Whether or not this series actually ends up like the oneshot, I like the idea that it could take a different path. That these two really make it work together. Any relationship can be difficult at the beginning, especially when one person is new, nervous, and has a hard time expressing what's wrong. even more so when it's LGBT in a world where people still scrutinize their relationships.

regardless, love this series and its approach even if I get heartbroken in the end.

What are they trying to imply here? That ADHD girl is fake?

And wats the deal with that evil looking guy? He gay and couldn't get some?

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 8:48PM by

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Googled the word "himbo" and found out that it means "an attractive but unintelligent man". Basically, I think it's supposed to be a combination of "handsome" and "bimbo".

I legit thought that it was a Japanese term when reading the chapter lol.

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 9:08PM

joined Jun 17, 2014

Y tf does End care so much

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

This whole chapter felt weirdly chaotic

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

I'm indifferent to whether they stay together or not. Though I should say I like they subtle foreshadowing to their relationships failure as a gradual thing as a result of many small issues as opposed to the typical one big one.

On another note I do hope that, even if their relationship does fail, that it's established that interfering with people relationships is a bad idea. I assume that's what the 'Himbo' is for, while the male bandmates actually respect their personal lives.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Dun dun dun there it is, the foreshadowing.

Yeah i dunno what End's problem is. I hope he isn't gonna be revealed as a homophobe and is more just like a socially awkward dude.

78519a80bda4a346c682b1a92a6a70883ccaf876ac706c027e9425ec84be03c5
joined Nov 28, 2017

Tipical guys trying to ruin everything!!! they just started dating you asshole

joined Jan 14, 2015

Himbo is just a male bimbo, see also "thembo" for NB people

also I was like "fuck off End" but then the thought came to me that he might be gay as well and just real awkward about reaching out. No idea if that'll actually happen but it was fun to think about.

Ushi-nooo
joined Aug 20, 2014

It doesn't look like Miwa is over the whole "pain in the ass" thing :( Forget creepy End or the meddling bandmates, just from seeing Miwa's thoughts I really don't think this relationship will last. Though the bandmates' last conversation really added to the foreshadowing

joined May 26, 2017

I can see the paintrain coming, how long will this ride last?

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

I am getting heavy Octave flashbacks. Miwa is just a tad more assertive though than that Idol MC. Still gotta work on her confidence.

Hope End is a gay bro.

last edited at Aug 9, 2019 5:58AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Drama is creeping back into the happy story by the backdoor.

Letsmurderthatguy

joined Jul 1, 2019

damn bastard, dont ya dare split up that amazing couple

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

End feels kinda like a red herring to me. He just looked menacing but going with the style of the story it might actually be a pretty harmless reason.

joined May 1, 2013

End as a whole is hilarious. His speaking font, his look, his NAME... I gotta believe he's a parody of Evil Romance Story Villain.

Also, it's kinda weird that this couple, who are shown repeatedly communicating well and working through their issues, is doomed, but in a trillion stories on this site, the characters fight over easily avoided nonsense and are True Love.

Faye_valentine_2
joined Jan 31, 2013

What the heck is a himbo? What a unusual term in yuri. Anyways that band member guy is so annoying. Who is he to decide or asume "who works or not" Stay out of their way fodder guy.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

You know I just realized we never actually see the other girl's (sorry I'm terrible at remebering names) face in the beginning of the 1st chapter, so it might be a fake out and they will actually break up, with Black Hair girl finding another gf that looks awful lot like the old one from behind lol

last edited at Aug 9, 2019 1:43PM

Popte_pop_54
joined Jun 25, 2019

himbo

I somehow get the feeling the mangaka watches SexuaLobster.

last edited at Aug 9, 2019 3:34PM

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

End as a whole is hilarious. His speaking font, his look, his NAME... I gotta believe he's a parody of Evil Romance Story Villain.

Also, it's kinda weird that this couple, who are shown repeatedly communicating well and working through their issues, is doomed, but in a trillion stories on this site, the characters fight over easily avoided nonsense and are True Love.

I think it has to do with the whole "purity" fixation yuri has, at least to some extent. That thing that makes a protagonist not understand why her heart races when she sees that beautiful/handsome senpai everyone admires. And then they spend 100 chapters agonizing over it, building up to a confession and hand-holding after years of angst and drama drama drama.

In a way, Saeko's life during middle-school and high-school is a reflection of this, and a demonstration of why it's awful (thanks heteronormativity!).

Idolizing innocence makes the stakes lower because it's mostly "learning" about love instead of dealing with the consequences of actually being in a relationship. The issues that practically sink a relationship in the former sort of fall apart when applied to something more grounded in reality. Problem is people are accustomed to innocence because that's basically what yuri was.

So now we have a spectrum of affection in yuri that goes from "I don't understand basic human emotions" right to "smut" with very little in between.

Also yeah, it's kind hilarious just how "badguy"-ish End is. Looking forward to when he tells Saeko/Miwa that he's gay and just wanted to know if he could with them about it. (I'm not sure if that's exactly what I hope he does, but it's kinda hard to believe that he's gonna be an antagonist after seeing how hard tmfly is leaning in on that portrayal.)

last edited at Aug 9, 2019 9:13PM

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

Also yeah, it's kind hilarious just how "badguy"-ish End is. Looking forward to when he tells Saeko/Miwa that he's gay and just wanted to know if he could with them about it. (I'm not sure if that's exactly what I hope he does, but it's kinda hard to believe that he's gonna be an antagonist after seeing how hard tmfly is leaning in on that portrayal.)

Gay End, good ending

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Ouch. I know what it's like being a straight guy and liking a girl you know is lesbian.

End is really weird tho.

And I had never heard of "himbo". What does he say in the original, btw?

Fbeff6ae5beor
joined Sep 22, 2018

And I had never heard of "himbo". What does he say in the original, btw?

It’s 天然. I believe it’s more commonly translated as “airhead.”

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

does saeko remind anyone of kyouko from madoka?

Oh my god yes LOL.

To reply you must either login or sign up.