Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Damn looks like I am the only UtaxKaoru shipper remaining here. Sad times.

No, i'm still here too.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Well, the Kaoru that started out the series was a plausible object of affection—she clearly felt deeply for Uta (as much or more deeply than for her husband), she was very skinship-y, and she kept doing these quasi-romantic things—remember the necklace gift atop the Ferris wheel?

It looked at that point like she just needed to become more aware of the nature of her feelings for Uta and, abetted by the fact that her apparently kind husband was a sleazy cheater, we’d have an age-gap yuri romance. (The story would still have to deal with the age gap somehow, but there at least seemed to be the outlines of a potential path to UxK.)

But at this point not only does that path seem to have disappeared, but (to me) Kaoru no longer seems like a worthwhile partner for Uta in any case—for a variety of reasons, she seems much more self-centered and in fact rather dim-witted, while Uta has become more self-aware and mature in her thinking and actions.

The writing and plotting in this series is such a muddle that hypothetically it could certainly take a turn toward getting Uta and Kaoru together somehow. That just doesn’t seem like such a desirable outcome to me anymore.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It looked at that point like she just needed to become more aware of the nature of her feelings for Uta and, abetted by the fact that her apparently kind husband was a sleazy cheater

Isn't that the point where we are right now ?

while Uta has become more self-aware and mature in her thinking and actions.

I don't know if going back to her mother who will certainly hurt her more than stay with Kaoru is good tho. Like i said it's good tomove on but not by hurting you more and cutting all the ties like she want to. I don't will reuse the coward term but i still have the same idea, not wanting to see Kaoru anymore because you're too hurt is not very mature of her.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, the drama has been rather subdued lately.

If it goes full throttle, like Reiichi being exposed as a cheater, Kaoru breaking down because both her husband and her friend betrayed her and Uta is not there, everything is up in the air.

I think that if Kaoru is really in a mess, Uta will come back running. Because she can't pretend she doesn't care about Kaoru anymore. She's not that kind of character.

Worse outcome would be that Kaoru tries to cling to Uta by kissing her (or something), because she's utterly scared of being abandoned. We do not know clearly about why she has no family anymore (mass accident?), but it seems to have shaped her into a scaredy cat.

I think we didn't see the last of Lots Of Drama.

joined Jul 26, 2019

There may be some hope in a kaoru and uta relationship because everything is done to make us think that everything is over, that they no longer live together, that they are far away that it is almost irreparable. We have the impression that there are 9 chances out of 10 that they will no longer be able to be in a relationship but precisely we are in a fiction, then either it will be the saddest path and everything will really end or then a kind of new beginning that will be conditioned by the furious interactions between reii, risiki and kaoru.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Well, the Kaoru that started out the series was a plausible object of affection—she clearly felt deeply for Uta (as much or more deeply than for her husband), she was very skinship-y, and she kept doing these quasi-romantic things—remember the necklace gift atop the Ferris wheel?

It looked at that point like she just needed to become more aware of the nature of her feelings for Uta and, abetted by the fact that her apparently kind husband was a sleazy cheater, we’d have an age-gap yuri romance. (The story would still have to deal with the age gap somehow, but there at least seemed to be the outlines of a potential path to UxK.)

But at this point not only does that path seem to have disappeared, but (to me) Kaoru no longer seems like a worthwhile partner for Uta in any case—for a variety of reasons, she seems much more self-centered and in fact rather dim-witted, while Uta has become more self-aware and mature in her thinking and actions.

The writing and plotting in this series is such a muddle that hypothetically it could certainly take a turn toward getting Uta and Kaoru together somehow. That just doesn’t seem like such a desirable outcome to me anymore.

Well it’s not like the object of affection always has to be actually desirable lol The reason I want KaoruxUta is more because there is a lack of alternatives for Uta here. We need a Harumin or Sayaka to show up in this story ASAP.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It looked at that point like she just needed to become more aware of the nature of her feelings for Uta and, abetted by the fact that her apparently kind husband was a sleazy cheater

Isn't that the point where we are right now ?

In other words, we’re in the exact same place as the first few chapters of the story.

That’s one way of looking at it.

Not exactly a tribute to the author’s ability to develop a story, but plausible.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Well it’s not like the object of affection always has to be actually desirable lol The reason I want KaoruxUta is more because there is a lack of alternatives for Uta here. We need a Harumin or Sayaka to show up in this story ASAP.

True, but traditionally readers are looking for the protagonist of a romance to have a happy ending, not a tragic one.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

True, but traditionally readers are looking for the protagonist of a romance to have a happy ending, not a tragic one.

That depend to what opinion you have on the Uta X Kaoru end road.

We need a Harumin or Sayaka to show up in this story ASAP.

Yeah but who ? Beside Kuroe, i don't think of anybody.

joined Jul 26, 2019

That depend to what opinion you have on the Uta X Kaoru end road.

We need a Harumin or Sayaka to show up in this story ASAP.

Yeah but who ? Beside Kuroe, i don't think of anybody.

Konatsu the friend of kuroe maybe ?

last edited at Jul 28, 2019 12:38PM

joined Dec 28, 2016

Omg was that a dig at Trump? This is now my favorite manga.

Inserted by the translator I'm assuming. I don't like when they do this kind of thing. Keep personal politics out of your translation.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Omg was that a dig at Trump? This is now my favorite manga.

Inserted by the translator I'm assuming. I don't like when they do this kind of thing. Keep personal politics out of your translation.

For context

That "Trump Tower will crumble" translation though.
For clarifcation, the proper context is likely that Uta is building a tower out of playing cards (ie. trumps) and the constant vibrations from Kuro's text notifications are threatening to knock it over.

LesbianPirate
Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

we made it to page 69 guys congratulations to this manga

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

we made it to page 69 guys congratulations to this manga

Then I might as well comment on it. Also, that Trump Towers joke.

joined Aug 3, 2019

i want to know the ending--

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I wonder if Kuro and Miyabi's relationship will later tie in with and affect Uta's relationship with Kaoru

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I've came across this story a long ago, and I didn't read it on purpose. But I'm in the lookout for good series these days, so I said I'd give it a chance.
Wow. This is the most uncomfortable I've been reading Yuri. The way she pushed her and how obvious it was she doesn't see Uta this way...
It also didn't help how the story was so focused on Uta being so hung up to Kaoru and not giving her a second option for dating.
I mean, this is what realistically happens in unrequired love. You won't have someone to support you or be a potential love interest when you need it the most. I like reading about broken characters and difficult relationships, but they're only enjoyable if you know there's love between the characters.

There is nothing positive about this situation. And on top of that, Kaoru kept wanting to brush it off and remain family, while thinking of how she was in love with Reii.
And the fact that she is married to her brother just makes it two times worse for me. Idk about the cheating, but I would feel so guilty if I was in love with my sibling's or friend's significant other.
So the fact that the person she is in love with is her brother's wife doesn't even let me enjoy some of the angst of the unrequired love in here. Really, simply a straight girl who is not interested is way less heavy than this.

All through the story I was thinking so many things I would have done differently than Uta so I wouldn't end up in that situation. Like for example, the relationship with my sibling is more important than a love interest, or I lose interest easy when I see that there's no reciprocation from the other person.
But Uta didn't have these mechanisms herself, so reading her story was like being trapped in a hellhole.

Otaku
joined Jul 7, 2019

It's so realistic, i love it. Finally real unrequited love. It's so boring to see those "happy endings" all the time. I'm so glad that Uta has made a step forward to get out of it. I hope they won't end up as happy family living together like nothing happened...The only way for Uta to escape those toxic feelings is to stop seeing Kaoru.

The fact that Kuro is changing inside also makes me so satisfied. I'm looking forward to see her realizing that their relationship can't stay in the same place forever.

joined Jul 26, 2019

To move forward and try to understand where the author wants to go with these main characters, we will need to know if reii really cheated or not. When we look at the parallel between the 2 love stories, everything happens as in a good classic yuri between kuroe and myabi, a slow but positive evolution.
On the other hand it is chaos since the beginning already the broken parental story of kaoru and uta (and therefore of his brother) then uta which mopes and kaoru which lives in a kind of cocoon... We wonder even if the author is not sadistic towards kaoru...
I don't think it's that simple and that kaoru and uta are completely out of the game, so everything will depend for me on the supposed cheating of reii.
When Chapter 25 comes out, we will be able to extrapolate a little more and it should no longer be too late.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

I've came across this story a long ago, and I didn't read it on purpose. But I'm in the lookout for good series these days, so I said I'd give it a chance.
Wow. This is the most uncomfortable I've been reading Yuri. The way she pushed her and how obvious it was she doesn't see Uta this way...
It also didn't help how the story was so focused on Uta being so hung up to Kaoru and not giving her a second option for dating.
I mean, this is what realistically happens in unrequired love. You won't have someone to support you or be a potential love interest when you need it the most. I like reading about broken characters and difficult relationships, but they're only enjoyable if you know there's love between the characters.

There is nothing positive about this situation. And on top of that, Kaoru kept wanting to brush it off and remain family, while thinking of how she was in love with Reii.
And the fact that she is married to her brother just makes it two times worse for me. Idk about the cheating, but I would feel so guilty if I was in love with my sibling's or friend's significant other.
So the fact that the person she is in love with is her brother's wife doesn't even let me enjoy some of the angst of the unrequired love in here. Really, simply a straight girl who is not interested is way less heavy than this.

All through the story I was thinking so many things I would have done differently than Uta so I wouldn't end up in that situation. Like for example, the relationship with my sibling is more important than a love interest, or I lose interest easy when I see that there's no reciprocation from the other person.
But Uta didn't have these mechanisms herself, so reading her story was like being trapped in a hellhole.

I agree...this story is just like chewing glass while staring at the abyss. But now I'm too invested, hoping poor Uta will recover.

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

i love being unrealistic they better ditch the brother and go run off somewhere together i'm rooting for my girl uta

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

i love being unrealistic they better ditch the brother and go run off somewhere together i'm rooting for my girl uta

i want that to happen too

joined Jul 26, 2019

It remains a fiction, there are a lot of unrealistic things and things have to happen in the next chapters so there are some twists and turns and other surprises, you just have to be a little patient ^^

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Literraly asking the wrong person for help. Now that's an outstanding move, that smile isn't from someone who want to help, it's the smile of someone knowing she can her move without any problem since Kaoru is in a big slump and Uta just leave. Now i will just wait that everything explode into Uta's face. Living with her parents because she don't want to live with Kaoru isn't really mature in itself, she just ditch her Kaoru problem away and go face bigger problems. She just choose another poison here. Kuroe was right, if she really want to grow up, she should have go living by herself.

Edit : Here is what i'm saying. She came here for escaping her mother and now she go back for escaping Kaoru. Uta is just running away each time she get hurt. What will she do if she get hurt when living with her parents ? Running away and living in the wild ? If she were really over her feelings for Kaoru, she could have stay with her and Reiichi. Now she just running away because it hurt too much and she can't face that. Running away only make your legs stronger.

last edited at Aug 7, 2019 6:20PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Literraly asking the wrong person for help. Now that's an outstanding move, that smile isn't from someone who want to help, it's the smile of someone knowing she can her move without any problem since Kaoru is in a big slump and Uta just leave. Now i will just wait that everything explode into Uta's face. Living with her parents because she don't want to live with Kaoru isn't really mature in itself, she just ditch her Kaoru problem away and go face bigger problems. She just choose another poison here. Kuroe was right, if she really want to grow up, she should have go living by herself.

She's still in school and doesn't have the means (money) to go live on her own and also still a minor.
She said she plans living on her own when she graduates from high school.

It's not immature. All through the story we've seen her suffering being around Kaoru and knowing they can't be together. Is she supposed to be more persistent about it when Kaoru has made it clear she is not interested? Plus she is her brother's wife and they're married. Like imagine your sibling trying to steal your significant other. Sounds nasty.

To reply you must either login or sign up.