Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

297d65821adeab31d0925ea77031aa1ea9d979a3_full
joined Mar 14, 2016

That chapter, monkas

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Things should get rectified once they’ve been naked in bed together, would be my guess.

That's a weirdly specific time to get over her issue of calling out her partner's name- Oh. OH. Oh.

If that were to happen, I don't know if it'd be hilariously lewd or lewdly hilarious. And before you ask: it's a subtle difference, but an important one.

last edited at Jul 1, 2019 6:24PM

joined Nov 5, 2017

Don't see the big deal on Yuu calling Touko "Nanami-senpai" on her thoughts. She is probably too used to doing that mentally even if she can call her Touko-senpai verbally at the start of the chapter. She'll get better with practice I guess-

joined Mar 15, 2015

Regarding the use of first and last names, maybe the scanlator incorrectly used "Nanami-senpai," since that's what Yuu's called Touko for almost 90% of the series. On Page 13 of Chapter 26, Yuu refers to Koyomi as "Kanou-san" for some reason while talking with Sayaka, but she calls her "Koyomi" in the localized version. It seems a little odd that she'd suddenly refer to Koyomi formally in that one case (Koyomi does the same to Yuu earlier that chapter, but I think students are supposed to do that when talking to teachers), so the localized version seems more consistent. Maybe when the localized Volume 8 comes out, she'll refer to Touko as "Touko-senpai" in her thoughts.

Then again, it is definitely easier for Touko to switch to casual speech with Yuu than for Yuu to be casual with Touko- for example, when Touko says "Ohayo, Yuu," in response to Yuu saying, "Nanami-senpai, Ohayo gozaimasu." Maybe someday, Touko will drop a few hints that Yuu can speak casually with her, at least when they're alone.

joined Nov 5, 2017

Regarding the use of first and last names, maybe the scanlator incorrectly used "Nanami-senpai," since that's what Yuu's called Touko for almost 90% of the series.

It does say "Nanami-senpai" in the raws as well.
Tbh I guess it's out of habit, but since this is Nio there may be a deeper meaning, like Yuu not feeling close to Touko (in a girlfriend sense) in this very scene (i am not talking in general). She did seem a bit upset about thinking Touko is not feeling as strongly as her in that page, after all.

last edited at Jul 1, 2019 9:17PM

joined May 29, 2019

When we finally get to THAT scene, I'm sure that it'll go the tasteful route like Kase-san did.

I think the actual end of the series will be Yuu coming out to her family, since the story's been setting that up a bit.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I hope Yuu comes out to her parents, since that's one plot thread that Girl Friends never explored. They had Mari worry what her parents might think of her and Akko near the end, but never actually showed her coming out.

joined May 29, 2019

Also it would be pretty great to see Yuu's sister congratulate her or even defend her against her mom if her mom has a problem with it, since she's known that Yuu and Touko were a thing since nearly the beginning.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

In the parents shoes, if I see Touko I would be like "Well dayum gurl, can't blame ya!" hahahaha

last edited at Jul 1, 2019 11:53PM

joined May 29, 2019

Well it's not like Yuu is bringing in some bum from the street, Touko is the SC prez, top of the class (until now lmao), beautiful and well-mannered. And they can already get biological grandkids with Rei.

It's a win-win

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Honestly, I can already see it happening...
"Mom, nee-san, I'm gay."
"Oh, yes, we knew."

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Honestly, I can already see it happening...
"Mom, nee-san, I'm gay."
"Oh, yes, we knew."

It’s been fun for me imagining the possibility of Rei having clued in the parents, but one thing Nakatani does is create absolutely stand-up secondary characters (Sayaka, obviously). So it’s hard to actually imagine Rei outing Yuu on spec.

We do recall that the parents were a bit surprised at Yuu bringing a new friend home, so maybe the mom would have her own inkling of Touko being a “special” friend.

As indeed she is.

Touko%20avatar
joined Jan 20, 2019

Something tells me, in the next chapter they may end up in Touko's room (the prize). They will definitely need a bed.
Nice to see Touko's passion hasn't disappeared and she's really holding back.

I think I want now:
1. Sex
2. Cheesecake
3. The reaction of Yuu's mom to the first

last edited at Jul 2, 2019 4:08AM

matsuri_wins
4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

This was seriously the best Bloom Into You chapter yet. I think I had just been fed up with Touko’s Emo issues lol

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

This chapter I like. I wonder if there will be enough time for addressing issues with parents.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

This chapter I like. I wonder if there will be enough time for addressing issues with parents.

..."enough time"? Don't make my heart stop. Is this announced to be finished anytime soon?
With the new turn of events and just showing them learn to relationship, with these two wonderfully outlined and craftily inked-in characters it could - please - go on forever! (kinda like Kase-san, but minus the horribly-insecure-and-socially-inapt-albeit-adoringly-adorkable-in-her-own-rights plant)
I need happy yuri (esp. like this latest chapter) in my life... Please, stay!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Don't make my heart stop. Is this announced to be finished anytime soon?

You know it was already announce it was the last volume right ? We have like 3 chapter left. I think we might have a chapter where Yuu coming out to her parents and convinced them with the help of Touko and Rei.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

This was seriously the best Bloom Into You chapter yet. I think I had just been fed up with Touko’s Emo issues lol

Who are you and what have you done with our drama-loving matsuri_wins?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Ya know, if Nakatani leans in on the whole touching each other's funbuns stuff, I kinda wonder if that is her final side-quest for this manga.
Usually when you only have three chapters left you don't start a new side-mission. So I figure this will actually culminate in the Christmas play they talked about and then some implied unspeakable handholding in bed.

Which means there isn't really any room for a serious coming out. It's an either or thing at this point I feel. Or at the very least, that plot point might be waved through real fast. Maybe even without dialogue a la "Look at these three panels of Yuu's mom first looking shocked, then rejecting, then happy."
please our godess Nakatani Nio, let my stupid made up scenario not become real, like you made Midori x Manaka real, although thanks for that one

last edited at Jul 2, 2019 2:44PM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

If there'll be a special for the last volume that would be a nice place for triggering the mom event.

last edited at Jul 2, 2019 2:45PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Maybe even without dialogue a la "Look at these three panels of Yuu's mom first looking shocked, then rejecting, then happy."

Citrus PTSD

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Ya know, if Nakatani leans in on the whole touching each other's funbuns stuff, I kinda wonder if that is her final side-quest for this manga.
Usually when you only have three chapters left you don't start a new side-mission. So I figure this will actually culminate in the Christmas play they talked about and then some implied unspeakable handholding in bed.

Which means there isn't really any room for a serious coming out. It's an either or thing at this point I feel. Or at the very least, that plot point might be waved through real fast. Maybe even without dialogue a la "Look at these three panels of Yuu's mom first looking shocked, then rejecting, then happy."
please our godess Nakatani Nio, let my stupid made up scenario not become real, like you made Midori x Manaka real, although thanks for that one

My current nominee for "Dynasty Reader comment of the year".

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

wait what where did this happen

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

In the Vol.7 extra. We see Midori and Manaka talking about Sayaka and Touko during the moment when Touko answer to Sayaka's confession. They end armlock.

last edited at Jul 2, 2019 4:57PM by Nezchan

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Well aside from the innate perfection of the greatest pairing in the YagaKimi verse there is also this.
(spoiler apparently?)https://i.imgur.com/D44X9pw.jpg

Naturally I cannot read moon runes, but thankfully a friend of mine has translated it into old Elvish, which I can read. Thus I translated it into pure English and behold the dialogue I am 99% this represents:

Manaka: "Wanna get married?"
Midori: "We weren't married already?"

...they said it a lot longer with more words to fit it on 2 pages, but it's entirely accurate.

read the real translation on another site, because Dynasty still hasnt uploaded it here for no discernable reason. It's just subtext, but I think Nakatani is teasing us on purpose

last edited at Jul 2, 2019 5:15PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.