Forum › Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru discussion

joined Jul 1, 2018

oh so konatsu is the salamander all along?

What a tweeeest!

I'm glad we're getting the payoff to all the time Konatsu spent out of focus, it finally feels like there was a clear point to it all and to Kaede's increased importance.

Yo, just to point out, this is the first chapter where the title doesn’t have “isn’t, wasn’t, won’t” or any type of “not doing something”. Totally not ready for this

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Kaede is ace wingman/guardian angel, taking all this time away from her friendship with Snarkmeister Glasses-chan.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

So this turn of events is like a necessary evil, I feel like Kaede was holding back with Honami but if she notices how depressed Konatsu is right now she won't hold back to beat some sense into her, and I hope that resolves peacefully.

With hope that Konatsu is less dense then Koyumi because god know that Kaede has already beat so much sense into Senpai with so little result

joined Oct 5, 2016

I mean it could be platonic. But I just think that the fact that we see Konatsu’s jealousy is a sign that she values Honami more than we may have originally thought.

Based just on the first pages of this thread, I think you underestimate what we may have originally thought. ;)

Oooo true, I was just talking about after Makoto Hagino wrote that tweet about not defining her work as yuri lol.

I mean a lot of times Japanese writers will define yuri as just the cute fluffy stuff, just the genre, not the more broad "yuri = girls loving girls." Which like, clearly with this chapter it's not all that fluffy, there's some real anxiety there.

As far as fans who think that therefore the two girls' relationship isn't meant to be read as romantic by the author, all I can say is, "Ppppffffffffffftt." Of course it is.

I love the art so much. Page 38-39 looks amazing.
The characters look much more mature as well compared to the early chapters.

joined Aug 16, 2014

Inserts : bangs head on table Honami you dense little shy asdfghjk

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

subtext

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Angst this chapter? Sounds fishy to me! ahahaha Ahahah AHAAAHAHA!!!
cries
catches on fire

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

subtext

supertext

I feel bad for Konatsu :(

Also Kaede best wingman

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Looks like we got a full-blown FRIENDSHIP triangle on our hands.

I'm having a hard time not reading this a love triangle where Kaede really wants to go for the poly route, and I don't think it's just me being a giant yuri fanboy.

last edited at Jun 28, 2019 3:10PM

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

^
That's unfair to Kaede, she's really trying her best to make the two of them grow closer without inserting herself into the equation. The irony is that her being seen as an interference will be necessary for Konatsu's development.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Ninzin posted:

I love the art so much. Page 38-39 looks amazing.
The characters look much more mature as well compared to the early chapters.

Indeed, the salamader looks HUGE now

joined Jan 25, 2017

Konatsu longs to be worthy of Koyuki’s grace...

Anyway, seconding the praise for the art. The harsh shading in some of Konatsu’s lonely panels is really breathtaking, and there’s some fantastic facial work throughout. Some of Hagino’s best work.

last edited at Jun 28, 2019 3:59PM

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I doubt Konatsu will remain in Ehime after graduation, she already said she'll probably go back to Tokyo. I'll be a little sad for her aunt if that happens.

^
I'd like to add that the way Koyuki's two classmates were faceless through the scene at the café and in the classroom up to the point when they invited her to the party, when their faces were finally drawn, was really poignant and reminded me of the deal with the crossed-out faces in A Silent Voice (which the author explicitly mentioned as an inspiration for her artstyle).

last edited at Jun 28, 2019 8:16PM

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

Why Konatsu-chan, WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

last edited at Jul 2, 2019 5:20PM

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Oh god, this manga isn’t another yuri tease like K-On or Hibike Euphonium, is it? If it is, I will be severely disappointed.

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

^ officially it is not yuri but I totally get where you're coming from. How is this not gay!?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

If you ever doubt about the yuriness of this for whatever reason, go read ch2 again.

joined Apr 1, 2017

I don't believe the author when they say this isn't a yuri manga.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

^same

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

esta mierda se prendio se prendio demasiado
que vengan los bomberos que me estoy quemando

joined Apr 16, 2014

Just a friend being possessive of her senpai friend, nothing else.

I get the feeling though that Ch. 21 could be the catalyst to Konatsu realizing what her feelings for Koyuki really are. Or it could be vice versa with Koyuki realizing, but even Kaede can't get through her lol

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

This tomodachi story has better end up with a holding hand screen!

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

Why Konatsu, chan, WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Oh my Madoka! This one is GOLD!

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Lol for some reason after reading this chapter, the way that Konatsu is portrayed in the art seems like she is gonna turn yandere xD

To reply you must either login or sign up.