Forum › Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru discussion

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

Well what can I say, there are always good people and luinthoron on this world :3

joined Mar 15, 2015

Jesus. The Viz translator couldn't make up his mind on how Konatsu addresses Koyuki. Heck, he literally couldn't keep it consistent across 2 consecutive pages.

And here we go with the misnaming again (same page for reference). You would think that after nearly 8 volumes, the translator would finally remember the two main character names. But apparently it's too hard to remember that the light hair kouhai here is called Konatsu, while Koyuki is the black hair senpai on the other side of the phone. How someone screw up 'translating' names in the first place is beyond me.

Of course the important moment arrives in chapter 28 when Koyuki asks Konatsu to call her by her given name, signaling a change in their relationship. Except that in official translation they are already on first name basic at various points previously. Gotta give it to Viz for their quality translation.

I know this reply is rather late, but the link is wrong. I believe these are the pages you were referring to.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch26#52
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch26#53

The two specific lines are, "Senpai, I don't mind you being yourself..." and "Still, I wouldn't mind if you were to repeat a year, Senpai."

It's nice to see a series I've read be featured. I may reread it at some point.

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Oh it's a featured series, I recommend this for anyone wondering if it is good or not.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Oh it's a featured series, I recommend this for anyone wondering if it is good or not.

I'm kinda put off by the subtext tag as I often find subtext series incredibly frustrating, how is it in this case?

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

I'm kinda put off by the subtext tag as I often find subtext series incredibly frustrating, how is it in this case?

Frustration levels are over 9,000. The way the story ends makes absolutely no sense considering the emotional roller coaster that was presented up to that point.

The only story that made me more frustrated than this is perhaps Shiroi Suna no Aquatope.

last edited at Feb 16, 2024 2:32PM

Lumity%20kiss%203%20low%20byte
joined Aug 9, 2019

I'm still upset that they didn't make them official to this day.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

ChikyuuNeko posted:

I say read it anyway and if you're frustrated at the end go read ano koro no aoi hoshi for closure

joined Jan 14, 2020

I say read it anyway and if you're frustrated at the end go read ano koro no aoi hoshi for closure

(Aka Blue Star On That Day) Or just go read it anyway, frustrated or not. It is good, unabashedly yuri, and might even have more fish.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I maintain that with its focus on the sea the title should have been rendered as "*blue planet*" but that's getting a bit far from here. It's certainly more explicitly a romance story and thus something that people complaining in here will probably enjoy reading

joined Apr 14, 2022

Read 10 chapters or so, thinking "why on Earth didn't I read this before" the entire time, before noticing the subtext tag. What a feeling of utter betrayal.

Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

I know this reply is rather late, but the link is wrong

In that post, I was talking about two separate mistakes in the official translation. The first one is in chapter 26 when the Viz translation has Konatsu addressing Koyuki by two different ways in that many pages. The mistake is obvious so I didn't link to the fan translation.

The second mistake is in chapter 28 when Koyuki tells Konatsu to look outside, but the Viz translator has it switched around (see below). The Dynasty link was meant for comparison with this one. Somehow I forgot to post the Viz page, so it became confusing. Thank you for pointing that out.

To reply you must either login or sign up.