Forum › Luminous=Blue discussion

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

I don't think she really mean to hurt Kou directly. On that point i think she really love Kou because she think Kou can provide all the attention that Amane seem to lack from Nene's perpective. She is hurting Kou but it's mostly for hurting more Amane.

Oh no, she done it intentionaly. Author wanted to show that she clearly pressed Kou into relationships knowing that Kou is too soft to refuse. And then she selfishly continued using Kou softness for her plan to hurt Amane so much that she cannot be around them anymore. In this situation she don’t care what Kou wants because she never talk to her about it or ask her “Is it ok?”

last edited at Jun 26, 2019 7:51AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I have already brought this up 2 chapters ago, but in the first place Nene's need for attention and breaking up with Amane seem contradictory. Amane has been calling Nene cute every single chapter until the recent one. She has said her smile is pretty too, both things that allegedly made Nene fall for Kou.

Amane doesn't seem the type to be sparse with her display of affection either, so why is Nene acting like Kou is the first one to ever do these things for her? Clearly Kou is a replacement... but why? Why would she need a replacement?

Sure most people will say because of outward circumstances or because she was forced to break up... but isn't it just jealousy? Amane is certainly cuter and praised for her cuteness. She would easily make a great model (and was apparently used as one by senpai repeatedly). So being with Amane might just fuel her complex to the point that she turned blind to the good points.

It's just ironic that she is jealous of someone who loves her so much and sees all her good points better than anyone.

last edited at Jun 26, 2019 7:50AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Bullshit. If Nene just wanted to get Amane off her case flat out stonewalling her and cutting contact should do the trick. (I've personally done that with a tiresomely admiring coworker, for the record.) Instead she basically strings her along and -pay attention because this is the key point- goes out of her way to be hurtful and nasty knowing full well the other party is still blindly smitten enough to just meekly take it.

That's behaviour neither acceptable nor excusable but certainly an extremely effective narrative tool for making Nene look like an utter cuntbucket. Too effective, probably, if the audience is supposed to start viewing her in a more positive light somewhere down the road...

Seeing how she was OK with still being friends with Amane, that would not work, though, and would be just as needlessly cruel in any case. And it's also weird for me to see so many people treat Nene as if she'd been constantly abusing Amane after breaking up, when she only reacted harshly for the first time when Amane asked for a kiss - which was clearly not OK - and for the second time now with the (admittedly quite cruel) showing off of her date to make Amane give up on trying to get back together again. Maybe not the best way to do this, but certainly effective, and we can't say Amane is totally innocent here with the way she's still trying to pursue Nene after repeatedly being told no.

Oh no, she doing it intentionaly. Author wanted to show that she clearly pressed Kou into relationships knowing that Kou is too soft to refuse. And then she selfishly continued using Kou softness for her plan to hurt Amane so much than she cannot be around them anymore. And she don’t care what Kou wants because she never talk to her about it or ask her “Is it ok?”

Might be reading too much into this, really...

In any case, without knowing the reasons for Nene's behavior it's hard to say much. I still suspect there's some outside force at play that has convinced Nene that them breaking up is what's best for Amane, but we can only wait for the eventual reveal to find out what really is going on there.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Oh no, she done it intentionaly. Author wanted to show that she clearly pressed Kou into relationships knowing that Kou is too soft to refuse. And then she selfishly continued using Kou softness for her plan to hurt Amane so much that she cannot be around them anymore. In this situation she don’t care what Kou wants because she never talk to her about it or ask her “Is it ok?”

Dunno, Nene still give Kou till fall for a real answer so it's not like she really cornered her by giving her no choice.

@BugDevil I know, i had the same reflexions but since the thing Nene seem to craving for is attention i think it's the reason why. My theory is like she was angry when Kou make attention to Amane, i believe she can have been jealous of the attention Amane receive from the camera Senpai and so she gone cuckcoo. I don't have better theory right now since Nene doesn't know that the Senpai know about their relation so there is no way the Senpai have come to talk to Nene and said to get far away from Amane fro whatever reasons. The other theory is that Nene will start to live overseas at fall and so she does that because she know she won't see them anymore after. That or she know she will die at fall cause of severe disease and she doesn't care anymore.

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

^Amane handles this situation rather poorly and she is obnoxious, which is understandable. But if Nene and Kou wanted to do a mere decent thing they can talk like normal people about it. Together, with place and time more suitable for this. Yes, it still will hurt Amane to some extent, but good talk and space after that is way better than this cruelty. Amane is started to let go of Nene, like in conversation with senpai. But author wanted to show another thing and not ok Nene actions.

last edited at Jun 26, 2019 8:15AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Dunno, Nene still give Kou till fall for a real answer so it's not like she really cornered her by giving her no choice.

She didn't corner her by making an ulitmatum, quite the opposite. Instead of telling her she has to choose, she instead pressured her with a "trial period". Kou is soft and gives in fast, but she really wanted to reject her. By making it just a test to see how it works out, she inadvertently made Kou unable to refuse.

@BugDevil The other theory is that Nene will start to live overseas at fall and so she does that because she know she won't see them anymore after. That or she know she will die at fall cause of severe disease and she doesn't care anymore.

Those guesses don't really fit in well with the narrative, unless Nene is so in need of attention that even if she dies soon she still needs to drag someone into it. But that would just mean she is using Kou, which is no better really.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Those guesses don't really fit in well with the narrative, unless Nene is so in need of attention that even if she dies soon she still needs to drag someone into it. But that would just mean she is using Kou, which is no better really.

Back to Nene the AW so because unless an extrem situation, Nene's attitude can't be really justified whatsoever.

By making it just a test to see how it works out, she inadvertently made Kou unable to refuse.

Unless like Yori in Whispering a love song she try to make Kou fall in love with her, i don't see how Kou will say yes in the end,even more that Kou want to make them go back together.

But author wanted to show another thing and not ok Nene actions.

What actions Nene has done was OK to begin with ? So far she had mostly act like a b*tch and the only time she wasn't, it was the flashback.

But if Nene and Kou wanted to do a mere decent thing they can talk like normal people about it.

Nene can't even had a conversation about why she break up with Amane so i doubt she can have normal conversation about that.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

That Nene has any number of as-yet unspecified hang-ups about Amane is obvious to anyone who's been paying attention to the narrative.

Assumes readers not in evidence. (Not so damn many, anyway.)

Quite frankly, I’m having trouble coordinating where to deploy the mobs with torches and pitchforks—at first it looked like Amane was the priority target, followed by the Sadistic Senpai, but now Nene has surged into the lead, and even Kou potentially has misdemeanor Not Good Person charges to face.

And that lizard better watch its fucking step too.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Seeing how she was OK with still being friends with Amane, that would not work, though, and would be just as needlessly cruel in any case.

Nene's distinctly mixed messages and fairly obvious ambivalence re: Amane have already been repeatedly noted in multiple contexts. Doesn't change the fact that whatever her reasons for sustaining fairly close contact with the girl are she explicitly and obviously treats her like shit "on screen" for reasons unspecified but mighty difficult to presume morally acceptable, if such now even exist.

Also just saying but when it comes down to it making a clean hard break to an unwanted relationship is altogether less cruel than leaving the admirer hopelessly pining in ambiguous uncertainty. (That coworker I mentioned? I'd already turned her down earlier but stayed on terms as I didn't have anything against her as such and, well, coworkers; the hard break became an unpleasant necessity once it became clear she was still hanging on to vain hopes which was as tiresome to me as it presumably was emotionally taxing for her.)

And it's also weird for me to see so many people treat Nene as if she'd been constantly abusing Amane after breaking up, when she only reacted harshly for the first time when Amane asked for a kiss - which was clearly not OK - and for the second time now with the (admittedly quite cruel) showing off of her date to make Amane give up on trying to get back together again. Maybe not the best way to do this, but certainly effective, and we can't say Amane is totally innocent here with the way she's still trying to pursue Nene after repeatedly being told no.

We have no idea how things were between them in the meantime between the breakup and Kou entering the scene, and certainly the latter at least seems to have prompted Nene to rapidly escalate increasingly wanton cruelty for whatever reason. But equally we have no obvious reason to assume Nene hasn't been at least lowkey nasty throughout; Amane being how she is would be hoping against hope all the same in an only too typical relationship-abuse victim pattern.

And it's also weird for me to see so many people treat mere irritating clinginess as some kind of justification for flagrant emotional cruelty.

joined Jul 26, 2016

That Nene has any number of as-yet unspecified hang-ups about Amane is obvious to anyone who's been paying attention to the narrative.

Assumes readers not in evidence. (Not so damn many, anyway.)

Quite frankly, I’m having trouble coordinating where to deploy the mobs with torches and pitchforks—at first it looked like Amane was the priority target, followed by the Sadistic Senpai, but now Nene has surged into the lead, and even Kou potentially has misdemeanor Not Good Person charges to face.

And that lizard better watch its fucking step too.

It's quite the menagerie of messed-up people isn't it? Kodama Naoko would be proud.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It's quite the menagerie of messed-up people isn't it? Kodama Naoko would be proud.

Only Sensei and Austin seem to be normal so far.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Not sure if you missed Blastaar's sarcasm.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Not sure if you missed the sardonic meta.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Also just saying but when it comes down to it making a clean hard break to an unwanted relationship is altogether less cruel than leaving the admirer hopelessly pining in ambiguous uncertainty. (That coworker I mentioned? I'd already turned her down earlier but stayed on terms as I didn't have anything against her as such and, well, coworkers; the hard break became an unpleasant necessity once it became clear she was still hanging on to vain hopes which was as tiresome to me as it presumably was emotionally taxing for her.)

So not an immediate hard break but rather a very similar situation to Nene's. It's harder to really cut off someone you see day by day in school and already have had a relationship with, though, so that may explain Nene's more extreme means to achieve this.

And it's also weird for me to see so many people treat mere irritating clinginess as some kind of justification for flagrant emotional cruelty.

Clinginess, no. Nene only decided to strictly draw a line once Amane started asking for more, before that she only reminded her (and everyone who asked them) that they were just friends, nothing more.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I assume you were refering to the characters, while Blastaar was refering to the other menagerie... the readers.

last edited at Jun 26, 2019 9:20AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

So not an immediate hard break but rather a very similar situation to Nene's. It's harder to really cut off someone you see day by day in school and already have had a relationship with, though, so that may explain Nene's more extreme means to achieve this.

Except that Nene was doing the very opposite of "achieving this" given the quite mixed signals and regularly engages in very deliberate verbal and emotional cruelty in the bargain. (Whatever my other flaws as a person nobody's ever accused me of cruelty or malice; even the aforementioned spurned admirer only called me a coward for "running away" when unsurprisingly upset and heartbroken over that hard break I made.)

Clinginess, no. Nene only decided to strictly draw a line once Amane started asking for more, before that she only reminded her (and everyone who asked them) that they were just friends, nothing more.

Do you usually go out of your way to twist the knife and rub salt into the wounds like Nene repeatedly does to Amane... you know, between friends?

joined Jul 26, 2016

I assume you were refering to the characters, while Blastaar was refering to the other menagerie... the readers.

I left that part in the quote for a reason.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I left that part in the quote for a reason.

No squabbling, kids— everybody’s a menagerie of messed-up people.

Or lizards, as the case may be.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Or lizards, as the case may be.

Dynasty confirmed Reptiloid hangout.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I think we only got to peek in the sempai's rationale, which is to immortalize Amane's suffering, because she finds it beautiful and award-winning. So she made the leap from spectator to actor in order to get more material.

The other characters have yet to spill their heart out, and I don't have any opinion about them, except that they are all suffering some way or another.

joined Oct 22, 2018

No squabbling, kids— everybody’s a menagerie of messed-up people.

You get a mess-up!
You get a mess-up!
EVERYONE GETS A MESS-UP!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

You get a mess-up!
You get a mess-up!
EVERYONE GETS A MESS-UP!

Expect Sensei so far.

joined Oct 22, 2018

You get a mess-up!
You get a mess-up!
EVERYONE GETS A MESS-UP!

Expect Sensei so far.

I was talking about us readers.

last edited at Jun 26, 2019 10:41AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

You get a mess-up!
You get a mess-up!
EVERYONE GETS A MESS-UP!

Expect Sensei so far.

I was talking about us readers.

Joke on you, i was already mess up before.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Do you usually go out of your way to twist the knife and rub salt into the wounds like Nene repeatedly does to Amane... you know, between friends?

No, and neither does Nene. They got even along quite nicely on the beach, for example. Nene only pushes Amane away when she gets too clingy, otherwise doing her best to still be a good, even best friend as Amane wished when they broke up. There's no repeated "twisting the knife and rubbing salt into the wounds" - the harsh refusal of a kiss doesn't come anywhere close to this, only the date with Kou can really be considered cruel enough for that.

You get a mess-up!
You get a mess-up!
EVERYONE GETS A MESS-UP!

Expect Sensei so far.

I'm not too sure about her either after the last two panels here and how well she gets along with Hayama.

To reply you must either login or sign up.