Forum › Luminous=Blue discussion

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

...Wow, chapter 6 was strangely personal. The same thing that happened to Amane happened to me (though luckily I never decided to stay friends with my ex), it's a bummer that I ship Amane and Nene so much but now it just seems not worth it anymore. Senpai is truly a dick, Kou is too gay for her own good and Nene is disappointing to say the least, Amane should just move on from these people tbh shrug I guess it's time for me to be less serious and stick around for the arts haha. Also you know drama is coming when you can't see a character' eyes anymore :v

last edited at Jun 7, 2019 4:06AM

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

This may be a bit far-fetched, but Hayama may indeed be L=B's equivalent to AFOIE's Macedonia.

I don't understand this reference

Can someone explain?

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

This may be a bit far-fetched, but Hayama may indeed be L=B's equivalent to AFOIE's Macedonia.

Can someone explain?

To put it bluntly: masterminding everything to suit their goals, whatever they might be.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Can someone explain?

To put it bluntly: masterminding everything to suit their goals, whatever they might be.

Oh, I see. Thanks, mate.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

unlikely but i hope shes just playing the bad guy to get her to move on.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Can someone explain?

Oh, I see. Thanks, mate.

You're welcome!

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

The idea that a woman can't break up a relationship unless she gives a explanation good enough to satisfy her partner is sick and revolting
The partner is not satisfied with her reasons? so what, who cares?

The problem with this case is Nene only said 'I don't love you anymore' and Amane of course was not satisfied, it makes Nene look bad and it's cruel on Amane, but if it's wrong to break up unless your partner is satisfied then by the same logic a girl can't break up with her abusive bf as long as he keeps saying her reasons are not good: 'You want to dump me cause I beat you up? no, I'm not satisfied with that reason, so stick with me forever'

You don't need any reason to break up with someone, just wanting it is enough

I'm not saying she did anything wrong for breaking up with Amane, or her reasons were bad, she just didn't give a reason. Sure, you don't need to and she probably had her reasons, but I feel giving one is common courtesy. Like, if they love you and you at some point love them, I think you owe them an explanation. It's not a law or anything, but this was the drama manga equivalent of breaking up over text, it's not technically wrong, it's just rude as hell and disrespectful to the other party who probably deserved better. Once again, I'm sure we'll get our reasons, but until then, I think Nene handled that breakup very poorly.

I can't exactly relate to camera senpai, but I think she's fairly pitiable herself, considering her position. If her relationship like Amane was like this for who knows how long, it was only a matter of time until she snapped. I just hope she didn't have a hand in Nene breaking up with Amane, that would be awfully uninspired.

I disagree. If you have a thing for somebody and you say nothing, and they get into a relationship, that's your own fault. I've made that mistake, and I know it's my own fault now. I feel no sense of pity or sympathy towards her because she went out of her way to hurt her friends to satisfy her own selfish desire.

As for Kou. No, she did nothing wrong. I think maybe she could talk to Amane instead of keeping it a secret, but at the same time, I get why she doesn't, so I don't dislike her.

You missed my point. I'm saying it's pitiable that Amane only ever visits camera senpai and opens up to her when she's in pain. You don't have to sympathise with someone to pity them.

joined Mar 23, 2019

Basic human decency dictates that you actually tell a person why you break up with them and don't just make a half-assed excuse.

Without even looking the person in the eye. . . .

I suppose we should be thankful that she didn't break up with a text.

That was a fine reason to break up, which obvious is not the truth here because its a story, but in reality is really a good reason you don't need more than stop liking someone

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

That was a fine reason to break up, which obvious is not the truth here because its a story, but in reality is really a good reason you don't need more than stop liking someone

sigh
Aside from the fact that this is not real life and thus we should take narrative structure into consideration either way...

Nene didn't act normal. She acted contradictory. Even a blind person can see that "I don't like you anymore" is not her actual reason. Just as Amane said, you don't change your mind on these things over night. Nene was in love with her and acted like it too... and then suddenly she wants to break up without a talk, without even attempting to express why and just gives her a vague brush aside line.

In real life that is not a fine reason. People actually talk. Try to figure something out.

last edited at Jun 7, 2019 12:14PM

joined Mar 23, 2019

sigh
Aside from the fact that this is not real life and thus we should take narrative structure into consideration either way...

Nene didn't act normal. She acted contradictory. Even a blind person can see that "I don't like you anymore" is not her actual reason. Just as Amane said, you don't change your mind on these things over night. Nene was in love with her and acted like it too... and then suddenly she wants to break up without a talk, without even attempting to express why and just gives her a vague brush aside line.

In real life that is not a fine reason. People actually talk. Try to figure something out.

Obvious you don't change overnight but it can take some time and your partner wont figure it out, its not difficult actually to pretend everything is fine. And its a fine reason, talk about what if you don't like the other person anymore. You are not forced to be with someone just because you were in love sometime.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Obvious you don't change overnight but it can take some time and your partner wont figure it out, its not difficult actually to pretend everything is fine. And its a fine reason, talk about what if you don't like the other person anymore. You are not forced to be with someone just because you were in love sometime.

Okay for the last time: Me saying it's not a good reason and clearly an excuse does not mean that Nene is forced to stay in a relationship with Amane. That is a leap in logic. Even if she has the worst reason ever or even still loves Amane, she still doesn't need to.
It's still terrible and dishonest of her and Amane deserves a better explanation. Because we know that's not the real reason.

You know, despite your insistence that this is fine, relationships can actually be saved. People can talk about their issues and figure it out. Especially when the "I just dont like you anymore" line is a blatant lie.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This has become a very bizarre conversation. IF these were real people [a whole bunch of random ethical/moralizing about what’s OK, not OK, what any given reader would or would not do, would or would not accept, etc., etc., etc.]

In the event, however, these are, unless I am greatly deluded about the nature of real people, NOT real people, and they do not exist except as we see them in the panels. Therefore we are expected, as is normal when reading fiction, to triangulate among real-life norms, general narrative conventions, and the implicit and explicit premises created by the individual storyworld.

The proposition that, “One day you act deeply in love, the next day (a highly significant ceremonial day, by the way) you blow your lover off, and that’s fine because life,” is . . . of limited relevance to the topic at hand.

joined Jul 23, 2017

Deym feels bad for amane and what's with kou chan suddenly breaking up with her (。•́︿•̀。)

joined Oct 22, 2018

Deym feels bad for amane and what's with kou chan suddenly breaking up with her (。•́︿•̀。)

I think you mixed Nene and Kou up...

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

This has become a very bizarre conversation. IF these were real people [a whole bunch of random ethical/moralizing about what’s OK, not OK, what any given reader would or would not do, would or would not accept, etc., etc., etc.]

Happens a lot when the forum's SJW of PC is involved. (You know who I'm talking about.)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Happens a lot when the forum's SJW of PC is involved. (You know who I'm talking about.)

Those terms are quite meaningless.

If you want to insult someone do it directly and specifically, not with jargon.

last edited at Jun 7, 2019 4:12PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

You are seriously the worst. Not only did you not read what I said back then, you also believed White Rose's false summary and accusations (despite a 3rd party pointing out that it was wrong). Nobody here except you believes that I am PC. Quite the opposite actually.

last edited at Jun 7, 2019 4:16PM

joined Mar 23, 2019

Okay for the last time: Me saying it's not a good reason and clearly an excuse does not mean that Nene is forced to stay in a relationship with Amane. That is a leap in logic. Even if she has the worst reason ever or even still loves Amane, she still doesn't need to.
It's still terrible and dishonest of her and Amane deserves a better explanation. Because we know that's not the real reason.

You know, despite your insistence that this is fine, relationships can actually be saved. People can talk about their issues and figure it out. Especially when the "I just dont like you anymore" line is a blatant lie.

Okay I am not going to argue anymore, but I wasn't talking about this situation specifically I was talking in general. And it being a blatant lie is something Amane hopes for, doesn't necessary mean its true.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Okay I am not going to argue anymore, but I wasn't talking about this situation specifically I was talking in general. And it being a blatant lie is something Amane hopes for, doesn't necessary mean its true.

You really don't have to pay much attention to the narrative and characters to realise that Nene's stated reasons just about assuredly aren't her real ones. What exactly the latter are, and why she's resorting to rather obvious fig-leaf excuses, is conversely something of a central mystery of the story which we will no doubt be finding out piece by piece.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

You really don't have to pay much attention to the narrative and characters to realise that Nene's stated reasons just about assuredly aren't her real ones. What exactly the latter are, and why she's resorting to rather obvious fig-leaf excuses, is conversely something of a central mystery of the story which we will no doubt be finding out piece by piece.

Couldn't agree more. Her apparent pleasure during the popsicle-sex photo session could be acting for the camera, but at that point she really does seem to still like Amane. Add to that her refusal to look Amane in the face when breaking up with her, and finally her statement, "I can't do this ... anymore...I want to stop...", which suggests that something other than simple loss of romantic interest is going on.

And I suspect that senpai is not the only potentially manipulative figure in the background--Sensei Hot Stuff and the Ice Queen model manager each look like they could have their own, perhaps less-than-nurturing, agenda.

joined Mar 23, 2019

I was saying that amane doesn't know that. Of course we know that from an outside perspective

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Couldn't agree more. Her apparent pleasure during the popsicle-sex photo session could be acting for the camera, but at that point she really does seem to still like Amane. Add to that her refusal to look Amane in the face when breaking up with her, and finally her statement, "I can't do this ... anymore...I want to stop...", which suggests that something other than simple loss of romantic interest is going on.

And I suspect that senpai is not the only potentially manipulative figure in the background--Sensei Hot Stuff and the Ice Queen model manager each look like they could have their own, perhaps less-than-nurturing, agenda.

Was gonna go on here and state all these things but it's great to see that someone else noticed! You nailed it! The way she said "I can't do this" and not looking her in the face are all signs that something else is at play.

My guess is also on the controlling what's-her-face there but it's really obvious ("cry more" is like, wow, obvious much?), maybe there's a twist? Actually you kinda said that too lol, can I just... copy and paste what you said? xD

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I was saying that amane doesn't know that. Of course we know that from an outside perspective

You're seriously underselling Amane here. I've been saying it for a while now, but even a blind person could see that Nene was dishonest. As mentioned before, emotionally she understands that those actions are wrong, she just can't express it in words.

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

I'm little disappointed with the development here, at least for now, that narrative "watch this unfolds through the MC's perspective" it's gone now because all the attention was shifted towards the MC and she became the love interest.
Also, I miss the dark-skin sensei, was shiping her hard with MC oh well, bummer ... gonna stay for a little longer but this definitely lowered my interest

Images
joined Sep 30, 2018

Everything in this chapter made me uncomfortable...

Same. Especially with the transparent dress for me.

To reply you must either login or sign up.