Forum › Posts by Emillia

Emillia
joined Mar 23, 2019

Contrariwise, not only is Nene herself giving some pretty mixed signals but the way she keeps flipping between relative niceness and wanton emotional cruelty is disturbingly (and probably intentionally) close to classic patterns of abusive relationships...
Whatever Amane's faults in this context she's certainly the one behaving very meaningfully less objectively wrong.

What are these mixed signals you are talking about? Nothing in Nene's behavior points to her still liking Amane.

Emillia
joined Mar 23, 2019

Okay I am not going to argue anymore, but I wasn't talking about this situation specifically I was talking in general. And it being a blatant lie is something Amane hopes for, doesn't necessary mean its true.

You really don't have to pay much attention to the narrative and characters to realise that Nene's stated reasons just about assuredly aren't her real ones. What exactly the latter are, and why she's resorting to rather obvious fig-leaf excuses, is conversely something of a central mystery of the story which we will no doubt be finding out piece by piece.

I was saying that amane doesn't know that. Of course we know that from an outside perspective

Emillia
joined Mar 23, 2019

Obvious you don't change overnight but it can take some time and your partner wont figure it out, its not difficult actually to pretend everything is fine. And its a fine reason, talk about what if you don't like the other person anymore. You are not forced to be with someone just because you were in love sometime.

Okay for the last time: Me saying it's not a good reason and clearly an excuse does not mean that Nene is forced to stay in a relationship with Amane. That is a leap in logic. Even if she has the worst reason ever or even still loves Amane, she still doesn't need to.
It's still terrible and dishonest of her and Amane deserves a better explanation. Because we know that's not the real reason.

You know, despite your insistence that this is fine, relationships can actually be saved. People can talk about their issues and figure it out. Especially when the "I just dont like you anymore" line is a blatant lie.

Okay I am not going to argue anymore, but I wasn't talking about this situation specifically I was talking in general. And it being a blatant lie is something Amane hopes for, doesn't necessary mean its true.

Emillia
joined Mar 23, 2019

That was a fine reason to break up, which obvious is not the truth here because its a story, but in reality is really a good reason you don't need more than stop liking someone

sigh
Aside from the fact that this is not real life and thus we should take narrative structure into consideration either way...

Nene didn't act normal. She acted contradictory. Even a blind person can see that "I don't like you anymore" is not her actual reason. Just as Amane said, you don't change your mind on these things over night. Nene was in love with her and acted like it too... and then suddenly she wants to break up without a talk, without even attempting to express why and just gives her a vague brush aside line.

In real life that is not a fine reason. People actually talk. Try to figure something out.

Obvious you don't change overnight but it can take some time and your partner wont figure it out, its not difficult actually to pretend everything is fine. And its a fine reason, talk about what if you don't like the other person anymore. You are not forced to be with someone just because you were in love sometime.

Emillia
joined Mar 23, 2019

Basic human decency dictates that you actually tell a person why you break up with them and don't just make a half-assed excuse.

Without even looking the person in the eye. . . .

I suppose we should be thankful that she didn't break up with a text.

That was a fine reason to break up, which obvious is not the truth here because its a story, but in reality is really a good reason you don't need more than stop liking someone

Emillia
joined Mar 23, 2019

If someone breaks up with you, you have no freedom to "reject" it. Why they do not want to be with you is immaterial, what they feel is immaterial, what you feel is immaterial. No one is obligated to have a clear-cut, concise reason for a breakup. Also, I was not aware that Nene opting to not be with Amane was harmful, I am actually interested in you expanding upon this.

If you actually care about someone their reasons matter a lot to you. While yes, Amane has to accept the rejection, she does not have to accept Nene's bad behaviour and reasoning. As a former lover, as a friend, as a person who cares for her, Amane obviously wants Nene to be happy. So if something is wrong she cannot ignore it.

sigh You know, I and many people already pointed those things out over the last chapters. I don't want to repeat too much. Essentially Nene is throwing herself at Kou in a really obvious way, acting contradictory and being cruel. All things that she did apparently not do before the break-up. She is clearly emotionally unbalanced (I'd reckon even more than Amane) and the way she acts right now shows that she is hurting. Her escapism with Kou and her inferiority complex are strongly hinted at. Amane realizes these things at least on an emotional level, but she is kind of an airhead, so she can't logically put it together. And honestly, Nene isn't likely to open up to her of all people.

Yeah believe it all you want. Amane said its wrong because she is just jealous, there is no deeper thinking into this.

Emillia
joined Mar 23, 2019

Why am I starting to dislike Kou?
And Nene for turning cold without voicing out the reason, I guess...

Kou did nothing wrong, Amane and Nene are simple exes nothing more, even if she did end up liking Nene, which I am not sure at this point.

Emillia
joined Mar 23, 2019

People here is like, I like Amane because she’s so pity, she deserves somebody else. She’s the best character.... lol.

It might not be the end couple but I like Kou x Nene.

And that senpai, crazy obsessive bitch.

I don't think people still want nene to go back to amane, at this point, all us amane fag just want her to cut ties with these girls and be happy, it would be hilarious when nene confessed why she broke up with her, then she will be like "no fuck you, i'm done with you" like the statement of one peepo in early comments.

I don't get why you all blame Nene. She isn't forced to give a reason for breaking up it might as well be true that she doesn't like her anymore which is a fine reason. Staying friends was Amane's choice.

Well, personally I think Nene is rather cruel in the way she stays friends. I just dislike her, I guess. But yeah, you can't blame someone for falling out of love with someone. If that was the reason they broke up, I'd actually give Nene kudos. Because it requires a lot of strenght to actually break up and not let an unhappy relationship just continue.

And Amane is pitied because she has like no control over shit. She is unlucky in love and handles it not well. And then she is manipulated by some psycho who wants her to be unhappy so she'll be dependent on her... It's not what I want to happen to anyone, lol.

How is Nene "rather cruel in the way she stays friends"? She has her reason for wanting to break up, whether that's simple falling out of love, jealousy, or manipulation, and it is valid. Amane refuses to consider her feelings and keeps trying to make moves on someone who obviously doesn't want it. It's rude, clingy, and obsessive.

Amane needs to grow up and realize that if she wants Nene to treat her better she needs to cut that shit out. It's obvious the break up hurt Nene too, and all she's doing is pouring salt in the wound.

well, telling someone they can kiss her, but then she will hate them, when she knows that said people have feelings for her is rather rude, as well. Talking about rubbing salt in the wound. There is simply not THE ONE to blame
(well except psycho-senpai, I'm gonna start blaming her for everything)

You don't randomly ask your ex to kiss if you were the one who wanted to stay friends. It can be annoying to have a clingy ex

Emillia
joined Mar 23, 2019

People here is like, I like Amane because she’s so pity, she deserves somebody else. She’s the best character.... lol.

It might not be the end couple but I like Kou x Nene.

And that senpai, crazy obsessive bitch.

I don't think people still want nene to go back to amane, at this point, all us amane fag just want her to cut ties with these girls and be happy, it would be hilarious when nene confessed why she broke up with her, then she will be like "no fuck you, i'm done with you" like the statement of one peepo in early comments.

I don't get why you all blame Nene. She isn't forced to give a reason for breaking up it might as well be true that she doesn't like her anymore which is a fine reason. Staying friends was Amane's choice.

Emillia
joined Mar 23, 2019

Awts that so sad waiting for someone you really love (๑´・_・`๑). Makes me wonder why they broke up I mean they were a perfect couple.

perfect couple... we seriously saw only one moment with them together

Emillia
joined Mar 23, 2019

Wow comparing the way Nene treats Amane now and before is super different, it's one thing to stay friends but to treat them with such harsh words when you know they're still in love with you is another thing

If I was Amane I would probably drop her if she treated me like that

How would you treat someone who says you are friends but still fawns all over you

Emillia
joined Mar 23, 2019

I find it really surprising that so many people like Amane. I think she's incredibly annoying. She's short-sighted, narrow-minded, and embodies an anime archetype I despise. The short, pig-tailed, cutesy girl with lots of energy and an inferiority complex. I've seen her a thousand times and I never like her any more than I did the last time. She's stuck in the past and I don't want her getting back with Nene. She needs to learn to face reality and respect the feelings of others. But she's so loud and selfish that she only sees what she wants to. I can't stand her. Chapter 5 is easily the worst so far.

Yeah I agree. She needs to move on, sometimes things dont work out

joined Mar 23, 2019

^Well that’s one point of view. Love can be to the end of the life, but it doesn’t mean there can be only one. New bonds do not work like replacements of others and they can be as deep. Like parallel or even intersecting lines in one heart. That’s why thou Sumin admits in one point that she still loves Seju, in the same time she loves and choses Sungji, because their bond bring completion for them. And Seju and Sumin bond is rotten, they needed to get out of it and they did. Because of that I don’t see why Seju can’t be protagonist, she complex character who can find better lifestyle and person to be with.

Yeah, I don't like this type of "love one and forever from kindergarten", lol. Life can be more complex than that and I wanna see it in fiction.

Yeah exactly a lot of people seem to think that the first person you fell in love with will be the person you end up with but that nearly never happens in real life.