joined Jan 16, 2017

That was a good ride

Cerberus_pikomarie-supersmall
joined Feb 27, 2019

Mystery

lmfao

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

I almost skipped this because it didn't have a yuri tag. Thank God I didn't.

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

Traps are gay and so am I

AnAsianBrony
Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

That was one wild ride.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Prunus Girl, abridged.

Gay%20cum
joined Jul 16, 2013

Funny and i like the reference

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

GrimEater posted:

Funny and i like the reference

The reference is about to know if there's a dead cat under that skirt, or not.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

There sure have been a lot of yaoi, transgender and crossdressing works recently...
Well this was really hilarious. Wouldn't mind seeing more from this author.

JazzLafayette
4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

Tbh the lazy/half-assed conflation of transness, cross-dressing, and drag is intensely frustrating. If you’re gonna write about queerness maybe do the work of reading, like, a single wiki summary.

last edited at May 30, 2019 4:22AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Tbh the lazy/half-assed conflation of transness, cross-dressing, and drag is intensely frustrating. If you’re gonna write about queerness maybe do the work of reading, like, a single wiki summary.

But wasn't that the entire point of the story? Nekomiya-san is a mystery. You don't know whether he/she is a trans girl, a crossdressing guy, a girl who likes to mess with people or something entirely else. Can't really be any conflation when there is no definitive answer.

last edited at May 30, 2019 4:40AM

320px-annefrankhumanrightsmemorialantifaschistischeaktionsticker
joined Dec 31, 2018

Erwin Schodinger laughing from the grave

JazzLafayette
4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

But wasn't that the entire point of the story? Nekomiya-san is a mystery. You don't know whether he/she is a trans girl, a crossdressing guy, a girl who likes to mess with people or something entirely else. Can't really be any conflation when there is no definitive answer.

I mean, Nekomiya provides a total of two (2) front-facing possibilities: that she’s a cis girl fucking with you for kicks, or that she’s a trans girl fucking with you because she’s scared. The cross-dressing “option” is just solipsism on the part of the protagonist and misapprehension on the part of the author.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I mean, Nekomiya provides a total of two (2) front-facing possibilities: that she’s a cis girl fucking with you for kicks, or that she’s a trans girl fucking with you because she’s scared. The cross-dressing “option” is just solipsism on the part of the protagonist and misapprehension on the part of the author.

Oh, so you know the character's motivations better than the character? Brilliant!
There are crossdressers/men in drag that aren't trans. Nekomiya's "backstory" (we dont even know if that's even true) can be interpreted as a closeted trans girl, but at the same time nothing refutes the possibility that it's really a he who just enjoys crossdressing. Freedom to wear what one likes has always been something some men wished for.

We have to remember that the MC knew almost nothing about Nekomiya and that Nekomiya was also apparently a loner. So if he is a boy that could be something nobody at the school knows about. Outright refusing the possibility is just wrong.

last edited at May 30, 2019 6:22AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Or it's just a het story about a mischievous girl who messed with the guy's mind, to test him.

The author made it ambiguous on purpose. So, all interpretations are valid.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Yikes. First we have the whole "Impish, trickster trap" archetype going on which is pretty blatantly rooted in cis dudes' perception of trans women as trying to deceive them into being attracted to a man and is transphobic as fuck then we have its fun partner of "cis people being creepily obsessed with trans people's genitals" which really doesn't work as a comedy trope when it's completely true to life to how cis people treat us.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Yikes. First we have the whole "Impish, trickster trap" archetype going on which is pretty blatantly rooted in cis dudes' perception of trans women as trying to deceive them into being attracted to a man and is transphobic as fuck then we have its fun partner of "cis people being creepily obsessed with trans people's genitals" which really doesn't work as a comedy trope when it's completely true to life to how cis people treat us.

You might be taking this way too personally... First of all Nekomiya might as well be a cis girl. You can't disprove that.
Second of all, the guy was already in love with Nekomiya before she/he revealed that "he" is a "guy", so where exactly is the deception coming from to trick him into liking Nekomiya? If Nekomiya had said nothing he/she would have gotten to that end goal quicker.

So which is it, a trope or just depiction of reality? Can't have both.
It makes sense for a non-trans person to care about that, but it was still portrayed in an over-the-top way, which is where the humor comes from.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

She lied about being a guy, since she's a girl no matter how she's on the outside.

last edited at May 30, 2019 7:36AM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

You might be taking this way too personally... First of all Nekomiya might as well be a cis girl. You can't disprove that.
Second of all, the guy was already in love with Nekomiya before she/he revealed that "he" is a "guy", so where exactly is the deception coming from to trick him into liking Nekomiya? If Nekomiya had said nothing he/she would have gotten to that end goal quicker.

So which is it, a trope or just depiction of reality? Can't have both.
It makes sense for a non-trans person to care about that, but it was still portrayed in an over-the-top way, which is where the humor comes from.

Nah, I'm not getting sucked into an argument with you it's a complete waste of energy.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Nah, I'm not getting sucked into an argument with you it's a complete waste of energy.

Why thanks for saving me the time.

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

What it happened to be a funny one shot story turns into an argument. There's always people willing to argue over the internet as if it's their first time here, smh.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

I'd say all interpretations are valid. So if people think it's something offensive, that's just how they interpret it. If some people think it's not, that's also valid. The fact that a simple one-shot is causing so much of a reaction means the author succeeded. Which means the title lives up to its expectation lol. Ambiguous to the end~

joined Jun 29, 2015

i think it provokes a variety of reaction from all reader, to discuss the story itself is a BIG WIN already. I don't think story need to be too PC and a feel-good story, especially since it just remove the nuanced or understanding that forms from the discussion between people. But more importantly, I think the author-san job is too make fun of cis-people and their ever curiosity of what inside other's pants, and they make cis-people realize the constraint of gender binary itself with a laugh. Nobody likes to be criticized or called name tag, Story like this is a way to bridge the gap of understanding for me, a cis-woman. And maybe in future, There will be a time, we as human won't give jack shit about what other genital be like.

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Nekomiya's just plain adorable! I'd date him/her/it/them in a heartbeat! Nyaa!

I'm hoping the underwear 'under there' conceals the secret, eh? Be a waste to find out in the first chapter of what should be an excellent series. Eventually the MC can find out, but not the readers or side characters, that would be fun!

joined Oct 26, 2016

I honestly believe this should not be taken seriously at all. I've read tons of gender-bend/cross-dressing mangas and these annoying tropes plague the entire genre.

If anything this could be making fun of those popular cross-dressing romance mangas but it doesn't really go beyond playing the same dumb tropes for laughs and at worse just reinforces the same homophobic/transphobic atmospheres these tropes can easily create.

To reply you must either login or sign up.