Forum › All of Humanity is Yuri Except For Me discussion

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Does "gay" even exist when there's no heterosexuality? Isn't it just "sexuality"?

Pretty sure it's still homosexuality.

This.
Let's not forget that animals still have two sexes. The terms don't disappear, as they are not specific to humans.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Does "gay" even exist when there's no heterosexuality? Isn't it just "sexuality"?

Right, but what’s the point of the distinction in terms of how people in such a culture would see and designate themselves?

The topic was in relation to ”heteronormativity”—what does that even mean when there’s no “hetero-“ to be normative or otherwise?

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

There are times when even a single-gender species can experience both homo and heterosexuality. For example, the gems from Steven Universe are all female, but we still get two contrasting romances; the homosexual couple of Ruby and Sapphire and the heterosexual couple of Rose and Greg.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Right, but what’s the point of the distinction in terms of how people in such a culture would see and designate themselves?

The topic was in relation to ”heteronormativity”—what does that even mean when there’s no “hetero-“ to be normative or otherwise?

Well it's still per definitionem homosexuality, ie. same-sex coupling - the meaning of the word changes not a jot with the relatively abrupt removal of the other sex from the equation. Highly unlikely to be relevant in everyday usage when that's literally the only game in town ofc but scholars, lexigraphers and pedants are still going to be mindful of the distinction.

No idea what's with this whole "heteronormativity" issue anyway beyond Marika's understandable enough culture shock in-universe...

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I think Marika might be dating the male version of Lilly in her world. Lilly doesn't exist in her world, because she would recognize her. So she must be a male on the other universe.

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I think Marika might be dating the male version of Lilly in her world. Lilly doesn't exist in her world, because she would recognize her. So she must be a male on the other universe.

We've been over this before. She literally recognises her the first time they meet.

Rsz_1screenshot_2021-08-18_at_11-24-04_the_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_fr%c3%a9d%c3%a9rica_miyamoto_shiki_ichinose_%e3%83%ac%e3%82%a4%e3%82%b8%e3%83%bc%e3%83%ac%e3%82%a4%e3%82%b8%e3%83%bc_-_pixiv
joined Apr 25, 2018

I think it is more Lilly recognize Marika is still running around with Heteronormativity = on, though it's been severely weakened, and Marika is not used with very self-conscious about loving girls because it is considered normal in this world.

So she tries to be considerate of Lilly.

I mean, it's not that much different with falling in love with your straight friend, I guess? Except you also fake-date her. And it's your own goshdarn fault, because you compel her to do so.

Goshdarnnit, why would you do that?!

lord-of-roses
Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

If anything, I'd say Lily's main conflict comes from loving another Marika.
She knows she is in love Marika, but: is it Yuriverse!Marika, or Prime!Marika? Does she really want to send her back to her own world? Will yuriverse!Marika love her back? Does she love her, or a specific version of her?
Something like that.

last edited at May 13, 2019 1:06PM

joined May 24, 2014

Wow, even marika has fallen asleep due to the slooooow pacing

joined Feb 23, 2016

Hahaha sucks to be her

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

That conflict just feels so artificial. She's literally living in a world full of lesbians. Let that useless lesbian in denial go, plenty of other girls around ^^

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

This is a silly pet peeve of mine, but characters saying "How did we get here?", "How did it come to this?", "Why did this happen?" feels so increeedibly forced. It honestly feels more natural if it is said after we already saw what happens and if it is asked either sarcastically or is muttered to oneself. Actually addressing another character is just totally dumb.

That conflict just feels so artificial. She's literally living in a world full of lesbians. Let that useless lesbian in denial go, plenty of other girls around ^^

I know you are joking, but the heart wills it, so the mind is powerless.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

SHE JUST OPENED UP AND DAMNIT. THE MOMENT!!!! I don't know if she'll bring up enough courage to say that to her when she's awake again. But I still liked this. It was a step forward I guess.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

That aside though, whatever was yuri!Marika searching for? A secret portal to another world? lol

Inb4 Yuriland Marika was the only hetero girl of her world. Likely with a title drop right as we learn that.

last edited at May 21, 2019 12:59PM

lord-of-roses
Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

"Why do I even bother?"

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

p4 bottom left panel. She's really built.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

These chapter titles are getting out of hand.

Rsz_3inshot_20230212_001112125
joined Jun 20, 2013

I don't blame her... I do also sleep in the train too lol xD

last edited at May 21, 2019 3:41PM

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

U USELESS LESBIAN LMAOO

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Me irl

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Lily is too cute

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Ah, finally confessed... it was ve-e-ery indirect, but she confessed...
And the other girl was sleeping. ( ͡ಠ ʖ̯ ͡ಠ)

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Ah, finally confessed... it was ve-e-ery indirect, but she confessed...
And the other girl was sleeping. ( ͡ಠ ʖ̯ ͡ಠ)

I reckon we'll see this kind of gag a lot

joined Jun 30, 2015

This is a silly pet peeve of mine, but characters saying "How did we get here?", "How did it come to this?", "Why did this happen?" feels so increeedibly forced. It honestly feels more natural if it is said after we already saw what happens and if it is asked either sarcastically or is muttered to oneself. Actually addressing another character is just totally dumb.

I know you are joking, but the heart wills it, so the mind is powerless.

It is basically:
record scratch
freeze frame
Yup that's me. You're wondering how I ended up in this situation.

690ea2d43c833a395aa79e98116d8d2f
joined Apr 15, 2018

Panic gay

To reply you must either login or sign up.