Forum › Miss Sunflower discussion

Images
joined Aug 31, 2013

oh, my googles saw a sister complex here and suprisingly I like it.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Really enjoyed this extra background / development with miss sunflower and her brother - even if id rather it was Matsuri getting closer to her :)

That said, it was cute at the start how she was waiting and expecting Matsuri.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

awww so cute! for some odd reason it's hard for me to find innocent and bonding sibling relationships in mangas lol. either they have no siblings, they GET a sibling and lo and behold fall in love, are siblings and hate each other, or are siblings and lo and behold fall in love lol. or are siblings and find out they really aren't and fall in love. or it's fall in love then find out after. never anything just simple and sweet like this lol.

last edited at Apr 22, 2014 4:52AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Is her name really Kazamatsuri Matsuri? Her parents had a sense of humour.

Actually I think Sugano Manami likes those kinda names- Dunno if anyone else noticed but I just read it though again and noticed

Kazamatsuri Matsuri
Nanase Nanako
Minami Ami
Sakura Asakura

BTW as well as chapter one and recently, Matsuri's family name was mentioned in chapter 4 and 14.

last edited at Apr 23, 2014 11:47AM

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Is her name really Kazamatsuri Matsuri? Her parents had a sense of humour.

Actually I think Sugano Manami likes those kinda names

Woah, good catch! (Author Sadism: Advanced Course)

BTW as well as chapter one and recently, Matsuri's family name was mentioned in chapter 4 and 14.

Okay, I guess I just suck at reading. Gee, thanks. ;)

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Okay, I guess I just suck at reading. Gee, thanks. ;)

Na, it seems most people missed the earlier ones- I know i did the first time through- I mean i know we read them lol- i guess they just didnt catch our attention- they were like side comments, small, etc, or on page 1 and we forgot.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

LOL that was a really short summer break :D

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

hmmm... love triangle-"ish thingie" setting up between ayame and miss sunflower and matsuri-chan?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

hmmm... love triangle-"ish thingie" setting up between ayame and miss sunflower and matsuri-chan?

I don't think so, Ayame seems to totally support Miss Sunflower and Matsuri-chan. I think it might be more someone she had a crush on and still thinks fondly of.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Ayame-senpai likes break the fourth wall~

joined Jul 25, 2013

the last part is a omake right? awww... please more of miss sunflower and matsuri. they look cute to each other. some development on their relationship please. thanks for the update!

10698506_356095501219916_3104907167461467085_n
joined Sep 21, 2013

pretty mutch i kinda wana see a jealous miss sunflower lol

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Ayame-senpai likes break the fourth wall~

I had a look for it and i saw no 4th wall breaking- except possibly the credit page- but its open to interpretation since she may be talking to someone besides the reader- and since its a credit page, it dosnt really count anyway. The page is a copy of an earlier page - so it might be added totally by the translators.

As for ayame love triangle- na, dont see it at ALL... She does care for miss sunflower- both as a friend, and also i think still feels like a sempai who wants to look out for her a bit. As someone said earlier- she actually seems totally likely to support and encourage himawari-san and matsuri.

I can see her giving miss sunflower some kinda mischievous pushes in the right direction.

Anyways - loved the new chapter as always.

last edited at May 12, 2014 4:50PM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Not the credit page, last panel on p80

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Not the credit page, last panel on p80

Ah- i missed that- it IS breaking the 4th wall- but it IS in the omake which you dont take seriously anyways usually. They CAN show stuff that is cannon to the main manga but often, like the little body swapping sketch from 'Notes From The Garden Of Lilies' omake, its just fun stuff :)

last edited at May 12, 2014 8:11PM

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

shipping of matsuri and miss sunflower intensifies

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm a bit amazed that there seem to be no fanfics at all for this series. Nothing on fanfiction.net, zero on AO3. There's a user by that name on ff.net but the don't seem to write fics about it and probably didn't base their name on the series.

Rather a surprise all 'round to be honest.

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I'm a bit amazed that there seem to be no fanfics at all for this series. Nothing on fanfiction.net, zero on AO3. There's a user by that name on ff.net but the don't seem to write fics about it and probably didn't base their name on the series.

still unsure if that was a bad thing.........seriously you might get the one or 2 good ones like "KIGO: a small possibility"
but then you get pure crap like "shinji and the warhammer 4OK"

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

still unsure if that was a bad thing.........seriously you might get the one or 2 good ones like "KIGO: a small possibility"
but then you get pure crap like "shinji and the warhammer 4OK"

The way I see it, fanfic isn't about good writing, it's about enthusiasm and love for the source material. So I can handle stuff like "Half Life: Full Life Consequences" (seriously, look for it on YouTube, it's hilarious) existing. I'm under no onus to read it and will happily wander off and read something like "Giving In" (seriously hot ShizNat on AO3) instead.

I was just hoping somebody'd written some fun fluffy stuff about Miss Sunflower and Matsuri actually getting together, is all.

Zen%20facce
joined Feb 3, 2013

lol ch 22 credits

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Shout out to a certain seer.

joined Jun 5, 2014

a new challenger appear

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

a new challenger appear

It seems like she might be related to the previous miss sunflower- i think miss sunflower could see some resemblance in the face- and the woman seemed to know who the current miss sunflower was too.

But I doubt she will be any kind of 'challenger' - Miss sunflower was never in love with the previous one- it seemed the manga went out of the way to draw some distinction in that. She DID admire, look up to, and love her in a none romantic sense- she was really important to her- (partly a mother replacement?) but in the flash back chapter after the previous miss sunflower has passed on - the current one said she wanted to BECOME miss sunflower- to be like her.

THEN to contrast the difference, in the next chapter, when the old lady says to matsuri maybe she'd be the next miss sunflower- matsuri says she dosnt want to BE miss sunflower- she wants to be WITH her. Thias, to me, clearly showed the two different types of love. I seemed, coming in the very next chapter, to be a deliberate thing.

So a woman related to or similar to the previous miss sunflower isnt gonna raise romantic feelings in the current one- in fact thats the last thing she'd feel.

But she may well move things forward- she could bring up a lot of emotions if she'd her daughter or something.

p.s It would be a lot easier to discuss if at least ONE of the miss sunflowers had a name lol!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

a new challenger appear

It seems like she might be related to the previous miss sunflower- i think miss sunflower could see some resemblance in the face- and the woman seemed to know who the current miss sunflower was too.

But I doubt she will be any kind of 'challenger' - Miss sunflower was never in love with the previous one- it seemed the manga went out of the way to draw some distinction in that. She DID admire, look up to, and love her in a none romantic sense- she was really important to her- (partly a mother replacement? - hers had left them remember) but in the flash back chapter after the previous miss sunflower has passed on - the current one said she wanted to BECOME miss sunflower- to be like her.

THEN to contrast the difference, in the next chapter, when the old lady says to Matsuri maybe she'd be the next miss sunflower- Matsuri says she dosnt want to BE miss sunflower- she wants to be WITH her. This, to me, clearly showed the two different types of love. It seemed, coming in the very next chapter, to be a deliberate thing.

So a woman related to or similar to the previous miss sunflower isnt gonna raise romantic feelings in the current one- in fact thats the last thing she'd feel.

But she may well move things forward- she could bring up a lot of emotions if she's her daughter or something.

On another note i enjoyed this chapter :) It was quite different since we had new locations. And i thought one bit was quite telling- when Matsuri says she wanted to read the books miss sunflower had read so she can get closer to her by seeing the same things as her- miss sunflower remembers sitting all alone reading- then agrees they can get closer by seeing the same things- but by just going and seeing things together with their own eyes - not through shared books.

I think thats quite a big change - brought on by Matsuri.

p.s It would be a lot easier to discuss if at least ONE of the miss sunflowers had a name lol!

last edited at Aug 17, 2014 5:36AM

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

It's either there's always one new character introduced every other chapter or so... or flashbacks from miss sunflower's past, which isn't exactly bad.. I just wish there would be more romantic development between matsuri and miss sunflower in the future chapters. sigh.

I love this, but the pacing is killing me.

To reply you must either login or sign up.