Forum › I'll Cheer On My Yuri Onee-chan discussion

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Damn lol what did I walk into

I was just going to make some comments like "as a big weeb, I am liking how Onee-chan, Onee-san, Nee-san, etc. are left untranslated unlike some translators, but it's a little weird seeing onee-chan and nee-san un-capitalized like in the first few pages" and "woohoo more imouto incest (then I realized Mio is actually a dude)"

But it looks like we've got a big flame war about much more important topics at hand already...

joined Oct 27, 2018

Well people are paranoid for a reason. there is just so much bad bait out there. And people will watch it in hopes of a good ending, because there is not many stories with lesbians to begin with. I used to do exactly that, but it's become too annoying for me.

I like me some genuinely good story with male (supporting & supportive) characters, too. Shame on the bad tropes.

You heard it here first guys. A het ending is a bad ending.

Seriously...

I mean the fact that it says Yuri in the title means it's already the exact opposite of subtext.

Like Yuru Yuri, right?

Yeah, in a manga marketed as yuri a het ending is a bad ending, there's even a term for it, queer baiting.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Prunus Girl is more yuri than Yuru Yuri would ever be in another hundred chapters. Or anything tagged Lesbian sidecouple for that matter.

You don't know what yuri is.

Omg this is from the same author who made Ashita kimi ni aetara. This will be good

That isn't exactly a good thing, considering how it ended. I thought all the comments here would be about that, but no, it's just dumb discussion about subtext and talk about the brother.

last edited at Apr 23, 2019 9:53PM

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

I wouldn't want many yuri stories to be like this, but so far I'm cool with this one. It's not bad to shake things up a bit.

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Little bros can be such great wingmen when they try.
So far, this seems pretty good. Character design is nice, I like the "usual yuri plot with a twist on the POV" idea, and dialogue suggests this will be mostly smooth and heart-warming. Gonna keep my eye on it.
As a side note, I'd be ok whether mai boi stays single for the rest of the manga or finds himself a love interest of his own. 10 years is a pretty good age for a "fist crush" kind of scenario/sub-plot, after all.

Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

im looking forward for this one

joined Feb 17, 2019

She's got the best little wingman

last edited at Apr 23, 2019 10:51PM

Images
joined Dec 25, 2018

He is setting her up, im in.

joined Apr 6, 2019

Yeah, in a manga marketed as yuri a het ending is a bad ending, there's even a term for it, queer baiting.

^ Words of gold.
I read all the messages so far and still can't understand what the big fight is about... well, leaving aside that some Orestes person is trolling left and right for no graspable reason, and making many people very angry.
I vaguely got that some of you don't like the little brother character, tho for the life of me can't figure why, he's a sweetums. He reminds me of the blonde kid in Majorian. Echoing someone who wrote before, he's so cute and feminine he's probably giving gay crushes to all the boys in his class... oh wait, scratch probably, we already meet two and wow, are they gay for him!
It's funny that this manga was uploaded at the same time as the new chapters of Social Anxiety vs Yuri because onee-chan had the same effect on Saki than Hikage has on every girl she meets. And is about as likely to score. If Saki's interest in onee-chan is sexual, oboy, she has her work cut for herself.

last edited at Apr 23, 2019 11:03PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

From this point on, we can just leave the whole discussion about male characters in yuri and queer baiting behind unless and until it actually becomes an issue in the series. Right now it hasn't, so it's just pointless speculation and/or going off topic. So cut it out.

As for the random Yuru Yuri stuff, you wanna complain about that series there's a discussion thread for it. Take it over there, since really has no relation to it.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Well I like guys in yuri stories, They make the story feel real. Plus I like to see the guy lose. And, that one is as bad as it sounds. heteronormativity bores, and annoys me.

Wow. Imagine being this salty about being gay. Like, could you imagine being this upset about over 90 percent of the human population? I can't. And so up front about it too.

For the record I'm staight. (Not that I would mind being gay.) I just prefer gay romance. I'm tired of seeing the same old story lines over and over. How many times do I have to sit through the "good girl" taming the "bad boy" with her love. (ssshhheeeeshhh)?

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Oh my god, this is adorable

joined Oct 26, 2016

The world needs more Mio-kuns. I'm loving this wholesome little-bro big-sis dynamic.

Rps20190516_131448
joined Feb 8, 2019

i hope it's not Subtext but Yuri.

I mean the fact that it says Yuri in the title means it's already the exact opposite of subtext.

Well, Yuri!!! on Ice says Yuri in the title too and its about male figure skating (i think thats what it's called)

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

LI'L BRO MVP

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

Well, Yuri!!! on Ice says Yuri in the title too and its about male figure skating (i think thats what it's called)

Well this series is literally called "yuri onee-chan" dumbo

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

W-wait, people think this is queer baiting?.. jesus christ how in the world...

joined Jan 6, 2017

Technically speaking it says Yuuri (Yūri, ユーリ), the translator just didn't write the long vowel

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

W-wait, people think this is queer baiting?.. jesus christ how in the world...

If there isn't vigorous tribadism followed by marriage within the first chapter, it clearly isn't true yuri.

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

Cute start! Could be going places. Nice places.

690ea2d43c833a395aa79e98116d8d2f
joined Apr 15, 2018

Supportive brother is nice

Imgonline-com-ua-resize-vwt1kupzlnws
joined Jul 8, 2018

This looks heartwarming. Subscribed

Ushi-nooo
joined Aug 20, 2014

This is so cute!!!

Flowers-le-volume-sur-ete-screenshot
joined Nov 22, 2018

Omg this is from the same author who made Ashita kimi ni aetara. This will be good

That isn't exactly a good thing, considering how it ended. I thought all the comments here would be about that, but no, it's just dumb discussion about subtext and talk about the brother.

Can someone please spoil me, how did that manga ended?

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Omg cute younger brother wingman, this was so wholesome aaaa

To reply you must either login or sign up.