Forum › Tadokoro-san (web comic) discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Warning: excessive bullying may lead to school shootings in certain parts of the world.

joined Apr 18, 2018

as always bully didn't get any punishment.

Not really sure by what criteria undergoing a complete emotional breakdown doesn't count as punishment.

While you can say it's a punishment but do you think that's enough of a punishment for someone who bullied a person for years?

That would be up to the wronged party to decide, no?

And this is one of the main reasons why bullying still exist up to this day, they always get away with their bullshits because apparently they were already "forgiven" by the wronged party after apologizing so the authorities doesnt have to do anything anymore.

Do you honestly think bullying is gonna go away if the bullied started retaliating as well? It's just gonna worsened everything. Better start wishing for humanity to disappear if you wanna bullying to stop because it ain't. Some people are just assholes and there's no helping it. There are various outcomes that could showed up, and this manga presented one of those that people may not agreed with, but it suits Tadokoro's character, as she's kind and become moreso after meeting up with Nikaido. I got bullied as well back then, but I stopped giving a shit because it's all over ages ago and I had moved on. Of course, that's just me and I understand if some may find it hard to let go so I'm just gonna implore people to do what they find to be most suitable. Though, please don't desecrate this manga just because it doesn't kill the bully. It is someone else's story and he can write it however he seems fit.

joined Jul 31, 2013

Bye whiny bitches. I can enjoy the perfect Nikaido and Tadokoro San myself.

Flowers-le-volume-sur-ete-screenshot
joined Nov 22, 2018

as always bully didn't get any punishment.

Not really sure by what criteria undergoing a complete emotional breakdown doesn't count as punishment.

While you can say it's a punishment but do you think that's enough of a punishment for someone who bullied a person for years?

That would be up to the wronged party to decide, no?

And this is one of the main reasons why bullying still exist up to this day, they always get away with their bullshits because apparently they were already "forgiven" by the wronged party after apologizing so the authorities doesnt have to do anything anymore.

Do you honestly think bullying is gonna go away if the bullied started retaliating as well? It's just gonna worsened everything. Better start wishing for humanity to disappear if you wanna bullying to stop because it ain't. Some people are just assholes and there's no helping it. There are various outcomes that could showed up, and this manga presented one of those that people may not agreed with, but it suits Tadokoro's character, as she's kind and become moreso after meeting up with Nikaido. I got bullied as well back then, but I stopped giving a shit because it's all over ages ago and I had moved on. Of course, that's just me and I understand if some may find it hard to let go so I'm just gonna implore people to do what they find to be most suitable. Though, please don't desecrate this manga just because it doesn't kill the bully. It is someone else's story and he can write it however he seems fit.

???when did i said that it will go away just like that?Theres a law punishing murderers, that doesnt mean there wont be any cases about murders anymore. I also never desecrate this manga at all lmao wtf. Im talking about punishment for bullies in general since someone though its a good idea that punishment should be decided by the bullied person him/herself.

What i mean is that punishments should never be left for the bullied person since most of the time when bullies got caught by authorities, they will just threaten and force the person they bully to accept their apology and compromise so they can avoid any punishments. There could also be cases where it goes extreme to the point that the bullied person think the punishment the bully deserves is death or torture and take it to his/her own hands(e.g school shootings).

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

Though, please don't desecrate this manga just because it doesn't kill the bully. It is someone else's story and he can write it however he seems fit.

Although I agreed with you for the rest of your post, you missed the point here. I'm pretty sure the person you were responding to wasn't complaining about that one situation on its own, but rather about how (almost) all stories try to take a "moral high ground" and have the protagonists forgive regardless of whether it suits their character or not.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I'm pretty baffled as to why anyone is surprised by this development. Like did you really think this super light-hearted and soft love story was suddenly gonna become a grim revenge story where a literal child is destroyed and we delve in depth into the ramifications of bullying? Of course Tadokoro forgave her it's the obvious in character thing for her to do regardless of how you may feel about how deserved it is.

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

I'm pretty baffled as to why anyone is surprised by this development. Like did you really think this super light-hearted and soft love story was suddenly gonna become a grim revenge story where a literal child is destroyed and we delve in depth into the ramifications of bullying? Of course Tadokoro forgave her it's the obvious in character thing for her to do regardless of how you may feel about how deserved it is.

Yeah but it didn't have to happen in the spam of 4 pages tho

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Pretty much the entire tone of this series has been rapid-fire development over the span of 4 pages. Did you really think this story was going to suddenly arbitrarily put the brakes on its madcap pacing because the bully's redemption arc deserves more in depth development then the actual romance has gotten? If anything I'm glad we just zipped through it because I really didn't want to waste a bunch of chapters on bully drama in a fluffy romance series.

last edited at Apr 21, 2019 5:55AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Pretty much the entire tone of this series has been rapid-fire development over the span of 4 pages. Did you really think this story was going to suddenly arbitrarily put the brakes on its madcap pacing because the bully's redemption arc deserves more in depth development then the actual romance has gotten? If anything I'm glad we just zipped through it because I really didn't want to waste a bunch of chapters on bully drama in a fluffy romance series.

It's like a lot of people forgot what manga they were reading and substitute a totally different manga which gets all in depth and relates back to the real world. I get that it's satisfying to read a well-crafted redemption arc or a revenge story. Works that take the issues behind bullying seriously can be quite enjoyable. This isn't that manga. This was never that manga.

The point wasn't the bully. The point was for Nikaido to once again act like the characters Tadokoro draws and for that look she gives in the middle of the last page.The bully was just the means to get there.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Yeah, this manga doesn't do redemption arcs. We solve things in half a chapter here, and that's fine, so we can move on to more important things.

joined Apr 29, 2018

of course everybody knew that tadokoro would have forgiven her. what suprised me the most is that nikaido agreed so easily to forgive. i was at least expecting her to open tadokoro's eyes or at least ask her if she's sure about her decision knowing what the other girl did to her. nikaido should'nt have let it go that easily. even a little slap in her face would have been enough. no need for violence or drama just one slap and that's all. the girl is sudenly showing remorse? as if! i really don't buy it!

last edited at Apr 21, 2019 11:10AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Someone clearly doesn't get how the relationship between Tadokoro and Nikaidou works.

joined Apr 29, 2018

Someone clearly doesn't get how the relationship between Tadokoro and Nikaidou works.

this ISNT a matter of "works" nikaido is indeed head over heels for tadokoro that doesn't mean she's a FREAKING ZOMBIE who must obey all her every needs! for once she could have shown a little more attitude instead of immediatly following tadokoro! plus this isn't about their relationship the fact that nikaido doesn't forgive the bully has NOTHING to do with it. even if nikaido still despise the bully and not forgive her it's obvious tadokoro would still love her anyway and she knows it. it would have been her choice and tadokoro would have accept that as long as nikaido doesn't hurt the bully badly.

last edited at Apr 21, 2019 12:03PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

You're projecting so hard it's not even funny now.

Cottoncandymom
joined Jul 31, 2015

nikaido doesn't have enough personal stakes in her relationship with the bully to give a shit beyond whether or not tadokoro forgives her. it seems fairly in character to me that she would be upset about tadokoro being hurt at first and then go along with whatever tadokoro desires

joined Apr 29, 2018

well hope we won't see this bully's disgusting face again. i rather imagine she got what she deserves even if she really didn't.

last edited at Apr 21, 2019 1:21PM

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

^i want to see her again. i want her to become a better person who realized her mistakes and strives to learn from them

last edited at Apr 21, 2019 1:25PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

^i want to see her again. i want her to become a better person who realized her mistakes and strives to learn from them

Plus if nothing else I'm pretty sure she's literally the first side character to get a name and any real depth whatsoever; odds of her sticking around already to allow for more narrative and comedic variety seem fairly high.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

well hope we won't see this bully's disgusting face again. i rather imagine she got what she deserves even if she really didn't.

This is the kind of person who needs therapy before they go on a mass shooting rampage. I’m glad I didn’t turn out like this after all my years of excessive bullying and lack of friends. Heck, I’m cool with people used to bully me.

joined Apr 29, 2018

This is the kind of person who needs therapy before they go on a mass shooting rampage. I’m glad I didn’t turn out like this after all my years of excessive bullying and lack of friends. Heck, I’m cool with people used to bully me.

yeah because not wanting to see a character you don't like ANd mass shooting rampage have everything to do with each other! learn to make the difference between someone who hate a simple FICTION character AND someone who really have murderous intentions towards real people instead of saying bullshit.

last edited at Apr 21, 2019 2:09PM

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Some people just don’t understand the power of peace and forgiveness. All that aside, based off how the author portrayed Kirigaya’s internal conflict, we can tell she was sincere (in the moment). She might still tease her a bit, but probably nothing intense.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

yeah because not wanting to see a character you don't like ANd mass shooting rampage have everything to do with each other! learn to make the difference between someone who hate a simple character AND someone who really have murderous intentions towards real people instead of saying bullshit.

My reply was based off your previous comments. This was just your most recent one.

joined Apr 29, 2018

My reply was based off your previous comments. This was just your most recent one.

yeah AND in my previous comment i never suggested ANYTHING murderous toward this character OR real people. i just said she didn't got what she deserved witch was nikaido despise her and not forgiving her. there was never anything suggesting she must die. just she didn't deserve any form of kindness from tadokoro or nikaido. and yes i REALLY don't understand HOW tadokoro could forgive her. on that you're right i don't understand forgiveness.

last edited at Apr 21, 2019 2:14PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

ypassionnate posted:

what suprised me the most is that nikaido agreed so easily to forgive. i was at least expecting her to open tadokoro's eyes or at least ask her if she's sure about her decision knowing what the other girl did to her. nikaido should'nt have let it go that easily. even a little slap in her face would have been enough. no need for violence or drama just one slap and that's all. the girl is sudenly showing remorse? as if! i really don't buy it!

You're overlooking an important detail. The only thing Nikaidou gives a shit about is Tadokoro. So if Tadokoro is fine with letting what's her face off with this slap on the wrist then there's no reason for Nikaidou to care either, so long as her bullying behavior doesn't continue. As far as Nikaidou is concerned, if the person isn't causing problems for Tadokoro they're simply not worth her attention at all.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

My god you like to ruin everything with all your SJW bickering.

To reply you must either login or sign up.