Forum › Tadokoro-san (web comic) discussion

0a3023aca5
joined Jul 11, 2018
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I just dont get how this got 1000+ comments. Maybe I'm growing old ? :(

Maybe because it's just for pure enjoyment and wish fulfillment? It's not meant to be taken seriously. And the main character interactions are cute.

Yes, indeed. Quoting from the comments for the previous chapter:

"Tadokoro-san" is well liked by the crowd here, but for a short 4-page chapter to see such a massive and enthusiastic reaction in such a short time... well, I do think it's a first.

I surmise it has to do with the straightforwardness and unpretentiousness of the currently developing plot. A cute, sweet, helpless heroine everybody likes. A villain with a heart black as pitch who torments her. A hero who is the very image of a knight in shining armor who arrives just in time to save the damsel and mete out punishment to the miscreant. It has a charming simplicity it's difficult not to enjoy. v^_^v

The only thing I'd quibble with is the "just in time" part, which is technically true, but one of the joys of this one is that you do have the chapter-end cliffhanger but there's no ramping up the tension or stretching things out--we barely have a chance to think, "Oh no, what will happen if Nikaidou ever discovers that a bully is--" when BAM!, Nikaidou is back, bully is a puddle of villainous goo.

This is great just as a bit of an antidote to all those stories that milk the suspense for every single plot development--I'd call it a parody except for its obvious whole-hearted sincerity.

Derp%20gal
joined Jan 19, 2019

For some reason i hope kirigaya will have some kind of romantic relationship with future character.

last edited at Apr 19, 2019 2:37PM

“ive been so mean to her cuz she just so damn cute”

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I just dont get how this got 1000+ comments. Maybe I'm growing old ? :(

Maybe because it's just for pure enjoyment and wish fulfillment? It's not meant to be taken seriously. And the main character interactions are cute.

Yes, indeed. Quoting from the comments for the previous chapter:

"Tadokoro-san" is well liked by the crowd here, but for a short 4-page chapter to see such a massive and enthusiastic reaction in such a short time... well, I do think it's a first.

I surmise it has to do with the straightforwardness and unpretentiousness of the currently developing plot. A cute, sweet, helpless heroine everybody likes. A villain with a heart black as pitch who torments her. A hero who is the very image of a knight in shining armor who arrives just in time to save the damsel and mete out punishment to the miscreant. It has a charming simplicity it's difficult not to enjoy. v^_^v

The only thing I'd quibble with is the "just in time" part, which is technically true, but one of the joys of this one is that you do have the chapter-end cliffhanger but there's no ramping up the tension or stretching things out--we barely have a chance to think, "Oh no, what will happen if Nikaidou ever discovers that a bully is--" when BAM!, Nikaidou is back, bully is a puddle of villainous goo.

This is great just as a bit of an antidote to all those stories that milk the suspense for every single plot development--I'd call it a parody except for its obvious whole-hearted sincerity.

You're quite right. In a previous post, a little while ago, Blank Mage put it very nicely:

This series doesn't waste any time, man. It's like every time the chapter ends, you think 'man, I really hope-' BAM next chapter, it happened, no one's got time for that will-they-won't-they shit, we're on the CLOCK.

"Tadakoro is cute. I hope she wins over Sakur-" - Already mutual.
"They really like each other, maybe they-" - They're spending time alone together.
"Snap, at this rate they might as w-" - Both confess.
"Shit, this is going fast, but now what's going to come bet-" - Bullying!
"What a bitch, I hope Sakur-" - Instant karma.

They aren't even hitting tropes, they just distilled and concentrated the yuri into a solid block to bludgeon you in the face with adorable feels and a stable relationship built on shared interests.

It ain't surprising that "Tadokoro-san" is so very popular. Suspense is all well and good, but there's genuine excitement in moving forward at this sort of intense pace.

last edited at Apr 19, 2019 2:55PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ I had a feeling I was echoing somebody. It was also a reaction to just watching a Kdrama, which I do enjoy, but the "plot point introduced that can't possibly be resolved sooner than 6 episodes from now" thing can get kind of wearing--I get enough creepy suspense from the real world these days.

A big bad no-shit motherfucker solving problems right now is just what I'm looking for.

EDIT: Props also to Blank Mage for some fine writing in the quoted post.

last edited at Apr 19, 2019 4:22PM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Yeah, I think that's one of the reasons I love this so much as well
I mean, I'm down for some slow burn, angst filled, drama laden, this is going to make me feel either miserable or pissed off, or both, yuri. But sometimes, I just want to see two people fall in love with each other, without all the bullshit that can go along with it. That one of those people is clearly superhuman is just a bonus.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I actually feel bad for Kirigaya now, at least she repented.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

You know, Nikaido "straightening up" Kirigaya just with her words is the kind of over the top shonen nonsense I've come to expect from her.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Eh, more like she actually had to face a consequence for once and doesn't like how that feels.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Eh, more like she actually had to face a consequence for once and doesn't like how that feels.

^This.

It's not over the top or even shounen like, it's just that someone finally called her out on her bullshit. Which was likely the first time in her life anyone has done so. Plus it was her crush that did it. Both of those factors are enough to completely shatter her world, in my opinion at least.

last edited at Apr 19, 2019 4:39PM

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

*guilty gear announcer voice

D E S T R O Y E D

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

D E S T R O Y E D

*mortal combat announcer voice

F A T A L I T Y

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

FATALITY

joined Jul 26, 2016

D E S T R O Y E D

F A T A L I T Y

B R U T A L I T Y

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

^This.

It's not over the top or even shounen like, it's just that someone finally called her out on her bullshit. Which was likely the first time in her life anyone has done so. Plus it was her crush that did it. Both of those factors are enough to completely shatter her world, in my opinion at least.

There is a huge difference between getting put in your place and told you are human garbage by some stranger and getting told it by the person you look up to and like most.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

All I can really say to this is:

"damn son"

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

D E S T R O Y E D

Her face looks like Dr. Faust operated on her...

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

D E S T R O Y E D

Took the words right out of my mouth! That was excellent.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

D E S T R O Y E D

F A T A L I T Y

B R U T A L I T Y

F R I E N D S H I P

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Never talk to me or my lesbian girlfriend again! But seriously, I felt kinda bad for the bully here... Normally I would like them to die in a fire, but now I just wanna give her a hug.

joined May 24, 2014

I guess she pounded her heart into hamburger

joined Jul 23, 2014

I almost expected to see the floor crack when nikaido made kirigaya kneel with that shoulder pat

joined Jun 3, 2017

On the one hand, Kirigaya's sobbing face is sad to look at.

On the other hand, said face belongs to a person who's done the following:
- bullied Tadokoro all throughout junior high
- resumed bullying Tadokoro in high school
- made Tadokoro do errands (as evidenced by her silently threatening, "...or else you're gonna be my errand girl again!")
- made the poor girl cry!
- forced Tadokoro to lie and then laughed about it
- and finally, when confronted by Nikaidou, made piss-poor attempts at saving herself, even shifting blame onto others (including Tadokoro herself using the ol' "if they don't speak up it's their fault" excuse)

Kirigaya has absolutely zero redeeming traits. She's a bully and a coward.

Photo
joined Feb 24, 2017

D E S T R O Y E D

Her face looks like Dr. Faust operated on her...

Nikaidou = Ky Kyske

Tadoroko = Dizzy

Kirigaya = a horrible girl who should be beaten in the same way (and worst) that Sol (Dizzy's father) was when he insulted Ky's waifu

To reply you must either login or sign up.