Forum › Yurika's Campus Life discussion

joined Aug 19, 2012

It still says its ongoing thank god!! My heart nearly stopped! I love this series so much, I hope there are many more chapters to cum... ehem... come. ;)

ended a while back, just scanlation haven't caught up

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

There are 5 volumes, we only have volume 1 fully translated so don't worry guys!!

Also that's crazy that it almost took 3 years just to translate volume 1....good luck translators/scanners!!

417506_490968200913530_1320006850_n
joined Jun 8, 2013

ah.... can't wait for Yurika to realize she's head over heels for Saori... or ... just hoping time will come when she will fall head over heels for Saori.. or.. idk.. (Ɔ ˘⌣˘)♥(˘⌣˘ C)

joined Jul 3, 2011

Yurika took on another aiming for the crown of Queen of Yuri, kicked a** and laughed it off like it was a joke. That's what I'm talking about, that's the way to defend your crown Yurika. There can be only 1!

joined Sep 25, 2013

chapter 10 :
i must bowed at you, YURIKA-SAMA !!

joined Jan 6, 2014

Although it would be nice for her to eventually end up with Saori, I actually would prefer if Yurika stayed heterosexual. I know I'm in the minority here since most people here hate any mention of guys in their yuri, but I really can't see Yurika ending up with a girl because not once has she shown any actual attraction to one. I mean if they can eventually show her having feelings for another girl (possibly Saori), then that's cool, but I really don't want a rushed yuri ending.

I'm in it for the lulz but this^ amen

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Although it would be nice for her to eventually end up with Saori, I actually would prefer if Yurika stayed heterosexual.

maybe my Yuri goggles are on too tight, but Yurika is definitely not heterosexual, but she may be bisexual. plus, nowhere in the earlier chapters was it established that Yurika was heterosexual.

I really can't see Yurika ending up with a girl because not once has she shown any actual attraction to one. I mean if they can eventually show her having feelings for another girl (possibly Saori), then that's cool,

actually, I think Yurika has shown that her feelings for Saori are genuine. afterall, why go to all the trouble of protecting Saori? sure Yurika wants to preserve her living arrangement, but in each chapter, Yurika's most objectionable behaviours change when it affects Saori.

but I really don't want a rushed yuri ending.

I'm in it for the lulz but this^ amen

this is the first chapter in volume 2, and there are a total of 5 volumes. the story is still being developed. I doubt the ending will be rushed.

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

Also that's crazy that it almost took 3 years just to translate volume 1

We're on track to make sure this volume doesn't take nearly that long. The next two chapters are already in editing.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/6e21ae35d050f5ba1417c5f3d05417a71255037325_full.jpg
Bang

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that thought this XD

joined Apr 1, 2014

Also that's crazy that it almost took 3 years just to translate volume 1

We're on track to make sure this volume doesn't take nearly that long. The next two chapters are already in editing.

Thank you for you work either way, great series.

Akashic Records
Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

Baang! ❤

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Although it would be nice for her to eventually end up with Saori, I actually would prefer if Yurika stayed heterosexual.

maybe my Yuri goggles are on too tight, but Yurika is definitely not heterosexual, but she may be bisexual. plus, nowhere in the earlier chapters was it established that Yurika was heterosexual.

You might want to loose the straps a little bit. Yurika didn't want to be gigolette, she wanted to marry some guy and live as a wife, but she doesn't seem to have the charm to attract guys for some reason. One of the earliest chapters has her go into a mixer in order to try and marry a student in a college of medicine (the lesbian sex happening right after was mostly out of yurika's frustration over being unable to catch any man, plus the invitation from the "straigtht girl" who was with her).
Yurika's character is in some kind of Limbo after being admitted into the dorms. First there was no doubt she was heterosexual, now I'm not sure. She's far more calm than she was before and has learned how to actively use her charm, but that's just that she no longer hates it as much as she did in the first chapters; she doesn't love doing it either, and its obvious that women for her are mere resources. Certainly she could be bisexual, but Japanese artists have not gave me much examples of them thinking of bisexuality as a possible third option.

I really can't see Yurika ending up with a girl because not once has she shown any actual attraction to one. I mean if they can eventually show her having feelings for another girl (possibly Saori), then that's cool,

actually, I think Yurika has shown that her feelings for Saori are genuine. afterall, why go to all the trouble of protecting Saori? sure Yurika wants to preserve her living arrangement, but in each chapter, Yurika's most objectionable behaviours change when it affects Saori.

Yurika will have to try very hard to make me think she wasn't just protecting her roof. Saori is the reason she is not sleeping in the streets, and she was about to be snatched away at the same moment the other girls were rejecting Yurika, thinking she stole other people's girlfriends (thus no secondary home to stay into). I think the only reason she likes Saori is because she thinks she's not into yuri, which lets Yurika have a place to stay which she doesn't need to keep through sexual favors and at the same time would not have an impact if she talks to 100 women per day on the phone (of course this is the very source of Saori's frustration, but Yurika doesn't know this).

If Yurika is not afraid of being in a serious relationship like she says Akane is, that could either meant that she wants a serious relationship, or that she doesn't give a damn about the people she has slept with. And, unlike Akane, Yurika has never said she liked girls (outside of those shallow talks over the phone)

last edited at Jul 27, 2014 6:08PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

You might want to loose the straps a little bit. Yurika didn't want to be gigolette, she wanted to marry some guy and live as a wife, but she doesn't seem to have the charm to attract guys for some reason. One of the earliest chapters has her go into a mixer in order to try and marry a student in a college of medicine (the lesbian sex happening right after was mostly out of yurika's frustration over being unable to catch any man, plus the invitation from the "straigtht girl" who was with her).
Yurika's character is in some kind of Limbo after being admitted into the dorms. First there was no doubt she was heterosexual, now I'm not sure. She's far more calm than she was before and has learned how to actively use her charm, but that's just that she no longer hates it as much as she did in the first chapters; she doesn't love doing it either, and its obvious that women for her are mere resources. Certainly she could be bisexual, but Japanese artists have not gave me much examples of them thinking of bisexuality as a possible third option.

I wasn't really clear with my first statement because bisexuality definitely did occur to me, but that's only if she shows genuine attraction to a girl. To me Yurika is heterosexual (as she is now), or bisexual (if she ends up in a romantic relationship with a female). It's pretty implied in the beginning that she is straight for reasons quoted above. I honestly don't think Yurika enjoys having sex with all these women and just sees it as a job. She may be enjoying it subconsciously, but I've yet to see it made obvious to the reader.

But anyway yeah this latest chapter. It's been a while since this series had that great of a chapter. Plenty of laughs from me. XD

I
joined May 21, 2014

No need to over read it this is just gag manga I bet the author not think too seriously and make that plot just to make it funny. yurica can be bisexual or anything else as long author think it make story interesting.

last edited at Jul 27, 2014 6:44PM

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

yuri gag's is too much for the yuri purists. Lighten up people it's supposed to be a comedy.

Kain_o_insano
joined May 25, 2012

There is too much serious discussion in here for a manga with the tag "Gay for Pay", seriously...

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I know it's supposed to be a comedy, but Yurika's change of attitude since she moved into the dorms kind of ruined the fun for me. She's no longer a likeable character now that she is openly taking advantage of her seduction instead of being the straight girl going "WTF?" at the other student's wild yuri theories.. All the latest chapters seem like a repetition of the last one, with a different girl unable to resist her charm and Yurika becoming more and more indolent. It feels like when I watched the Ranma 1/2 anime: Nothing goes anywhere, just a random objective each time and a the most annoying cast of scumbags ever assembled (except maybe Kasumi).

last edited at Jul 27, 2014 10:34PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I know it's supposed to be a comedy, but Yurika's change of attitude since she moved into the dorms kind of ruined the fun for me. She's no longer a likeable character now that she is openly taking advantage of her seduction instead of being the straight girl going "WTF?" at the other student's wild yuri theories.. All the latest chapters seem like a repetition of the last one, with a different girl unable to resist her charm and Yurika becoming more and more indolent. It feels like when I watched the Ranma 1/2 anime: Nothing goes anywhere, just a random objective each time and a the most annoying cast of scumbags ever assembled (except maybe Kasumi).

There has been subtle development for both Yurika and Saori though.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

There is too much serious discussion in here for a manga with the tag "Gay for Pay", seriously...

Just because it's a light-hearted gag manga doesn't mean that we can't healthily and respectfully discuss topics or issues raised from it...What's the fun in having a discussion forum if it's just going to be full of squeeing? (although there's nothing wrong with squeeing). I've seen this sentiment in a lot of the discussion boards here and it really discourages others from participating in the forums and voicing their thoughts. =/

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

hahahahha that stupid hand pose she does XD this whole manga is so absurd that it crosses into hilarious XD the stereotyping she's casting onto her conquests and how to woo them is just win lol.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

point taken. I confess, I should have reread the earlier chapters before making that broad statement, but that is how I read the situation.

On Yurika's circumstances, we both agree. as for the whole bisexuality thing, why do the think bisexuality is not used as third option? because most manga are genre specific or because, from a cultural point of view, it's considered heterosexualality and ignored altogether? <--- (this question is to everyone)

If Yurika is not afraid of being in a serious relationship like she says Akane is, that could either meant that she wants a serious relationship, or that she doesn't give a damn about the people she has slept with. And, unlike Akane, Yurika has never said she liked girls (outside of those shallow talks over the phone)

we have 4 more volumes to go to watch the development of their relationship (be it as friends or as lovers). so we shall see.

and who said a gag manga could not provoke a serious discussion?

last edited at Jul 28, 2014 8:42AM

joined Jul 28, 2014

Chapter 10:

Yurika seemed to handle that problem quickly. In fact, if memory serves right, she hasn't encountered any major problem that could not be solved by her gigolette abilities: here, she just conquers casanova girl single-handedly (if you know what I mean).

Hopefully, Yurika encounters some conflict that cannot be solved quickly. (Her roommate doesn't count since her role is different.)

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I really hate this manga, mostly cause i really hate characters who just use lovers as resources the only time i like said characters is when they realize that what they are doing is wrong -_- (seen ranmaru from the wallflower)

To reply you must either login or sign up.