Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I'm pretty sure Renma-sensei and "author" are the same person.

That’s a relief. My faith in this fandom is on it’s highest point again.

Anyway, I find it really odd that she hasn’t made a second appearance yet. One chapter (even less, a few pages), and the character was already likable.
Tho... if it os true that Koyomi is some kind of author surrogate, it’d be understandable if she does not appear again. Reality is not a romance novel, after all (sit down, Yuu.)

That kinda sounds like asking why Ichigaya doesn't appear more often. He played his role and so did Renma-sensei. They weren't supposed to be mainstays, just a step in a realization for the relevant characters.
I really don't think Nakatani has any interst in developing a closer relationship between Koyomi and sensei. She will certainly aspire to be like her eventually and maybe meet again as a newbie author.

last edited at Apr 9, 2019 8:43AM

Fad8970e-c901-4004-bae1-4e5d013b5424
joined Jan 19, 2019

She will certainly aspire to be like her eventually and maybe meet again as a newbie author.

Now that I would like to read.
But yeah, Renma-sensei’s appearance served more as a plot devise than anything. I can comprehend how Nakatani saw her identity as something important for Koyomi’s character growth (and more importantly, her growth as a writer). Like I said before, being a One Chapter Wonder would fit the plot, because there isn’t any real reason for her to show up again. It just saddens me ‘cause... Well, because Renma-sensei is amazing.

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 10, 2010

On the chapter page for this series, “Volume 7” is spelled wrong. This is the most proofreading I’ve done for Dynasty in years loooool

joined Nov 5, 2017

On the chapter page for this series, “Volume 7” is spelled wrong. This is the most proofreading I’ve done for Dynasty in years loooool

The manga section should really be fixed! "Also known as Eventually I will become yours" that is a bad translation of the Japanese title (kimi means you not yours) that no one has used for years, it was made by the first fansub which had some mistranslations here and there. Everyone calls it YagaKimi, Bloom Into You or Yagate Kimi ni Naru.

Also, the special 6 is from volume 7, between chapters 36 & 37. It was out after volume 6 was released so it doesn't belong there. Same with the special 4, it belongs to volume 5, and the special 3 belongs to volume 4... Source: I have the volumes :p
Sorry for being picky //

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I don't know what thing I can barely wait more: the new chapter being released on the 27th this month; or the school excursion my school's having this September.

last edited at Apr 12, 2019 5:45PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

During the long wait, why don't you check out this YagaKimi video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwq5SIrziF8
Same creator who made that other brilliant MMV. This time the anime is interwoven. I am simply speechless at all the colored panels and the brilliant editing.

last edited at Apr 16, 2019 3:47AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

During the long wait, why don't you check out this YagaKimi video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwq5SIrziF8
Same creator who made that other brilliant MMV. This time the anime is interwoven. I am simply speechless at all the colored panels and the brilliant editing.

Thank you, @BugDevil.
No matter how close or far into the future my death is, I want this video you linked to to be the last video I watch before I die.
If for no other reason, then just so I could die happily.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Thank you, @BugDevil.
No matter how close or far into the future my death is, I want this video you linked to to be the last video I watch before I die.
If for no other reason, then just so I could die happily.

I'm sorry for ever doubting that you were capable of understanding hyperbole.
You're welcome tho.

last edited at Apr 17, 2019 6:18AM

joined Mar 12, 2019

I’m starting to think this series is overrated

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

I’m starting to think this series is overrated

Are you going to say why?

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

It is definitely overrated but it’s not bad either. It’s like a kind of walk that you go to
and has pretty scenery but has no ups and downs. No excitement and no disappointments.

It’s the opposite of “roller coaster” series like Citrus, that can give you high highs and low lows due to variability of writing quality.

last edited at Apr 17, 2019 3:35PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Different tastes for different people, I guess.

In any case, I'll avoid saying whether I find YagaKimi overrated or not, because, in the words of the great Obi-Wan Kenobi:
"I'm not brave enough for politics.".

last edited at Apr 17, 2019 3:42PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

It is definitely overrated but it’s not bad either. It’s like a kind of walk that you go to
and has pretty scenery but has no ups and downs. No excitement and no disappointments.

It’s the opposite of “roller coaster” series like Citrus, that can give you high highs and low lows due to variability of writing quality.

Haven't we already educated you on this before? How many times do you need to be taught this lesson old man?

In all seriousness, your view is totally skewed. YagaKimi has plenty of ups and downs. Whether you care for them or not is up to you, but don't pretend they aren't there. They just happen to be intentional and not a result of inconsistent writing.

A rollercoaster that goes only downhill 90% of the time (Citrus) is also not very exciting. Rather predictable, ain't it? Oh it's gonna go down? And then it's gonna go down? Wow, I wonder when it will go down again.
You get the point.

last edited at Apr 17, 2019 4:20PM

joined Feb 18, 2018

Lol old man?

Well ofc it’s just my opinion, some people need stronger drugs than others to get the high and the crash lol For me YagaKimi feels like a walk around the park because it’s too consistent and not intense enough. The characters are basically good people whose actions are highly predictable. Also a lack of steamy scenes.

Mind you, Citrus+ has also become like that but at least it’s somewhat comedic. I much preferred the series when Mei was still a hot crazy girl lol Those were the times!

last edited at Apr 17, 2019 4:06PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Lol old man?

Well ofc it’s just my opinion, some people need stronger drugs than others to get the high and the crash lol For me YagaKimi feels like a walk around the park because it’s too consistent and not intense enough. The characters are basically good people whose actions are highly predictable. Also a lack of steamy scenes.

Mind you, Citrus+ has also become like that but at least it’s somewhat comedic. I much preferred the series when Mei was still a hot crazy girl lol Those were the times!

It's a meme. Don't worry about it.

You can have consistently well written drama, ya know? Becoming bad all of a sudden is not a good way to have ups and downs. Characters don't need to be bad to have flaws or conflict. (Your usual focus on the physical has been noted)
I want you to tell me that you read chapter 34 completely able to predict what would happen. And weren't you in particular constantly predicting that Touko would have a side-fling with Sayaka? Pfff.

Citrus+ is more stable, sure... it also has much less substance than even OG Citrus. Mei was never crazy. Her actions all made sense in the context of her characterization and were actually super predictable once you recognized Saburo Uta's pattern. It's not like she was particularily subtle.
Not to say I don't enjoy Citrus or it's spin-off. The quality is just not comparable.

last edited at Apr 17, 2019 4:29PM

joined Nov 5, 2017

It's not exciting for some people like you and that's fine. But I see a lot of fans really hyped for the chapters, especially the ones from volume 7 post Yuu's confession. Chapter 40, which is coming soon, it's the one that has the biggest hype I've seen for a yagakimi chapter.
If yagakimi is overrated, I guess that makes citrus the most overrated yuri ever (along with girl friends) due to its popularity and even people praising the writing... lol. I agree that citrus feels like a rollercoaster which makes it exciting in a way because the writing was bad and inconsistent enough for the story to go everywhere, which somehow made the plot unpredictable (though the arc pattern was predictable af...), the difference is that Yagakimi isn't predictable in a bad way. You know how things are gonna go, because it has enough foreshadowing and a consistent plot, the thing is not knowing what is gonna happen (because we can figure it out) but how is gonna be done. For example, I knew that Touko would reject Sayaka because it was the only logical outcome, but I didn't know how the rejection and chapter as a whole was gonna be developed. Chapter 38 was really well done imo.
As for citrus +, it's probably better than original citrus imo... because now there's not forced drama which made the series shit, but that also took away the "rollecoaster" feels lol at least best girls Harumin and Matsuri are more relevant.

last edited at Apr 17, 2019 4:46PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

After having read the posts in between my previous post and this post, I think I may soon enough become just brave enough for politics again.

joined Feb 18, 2018

Lol old man?

It's a meme. Don't worry about it.

You can have consistently well written drama, ya know? Becoming bad all of a sudden is not a good way to have ups and downs. Characters don't need to be bad to have flaws or conflict. (Your usual focus on the physical has been noted)
I want you to tell me that you read chapter 34 completely able to predict what would happen. And weren't you in particular constantly predicting that Touko would have a side-fling with Sayaka? Pfff.

Don’t get me wrong, I am fully aware YagaKimi is higher quality plot-wise, though in my opinion not in character development (Citrus characters feel
more like real people IMO, as though they are real people thrown into a badly written soap opera scenario).

But to me personally it’s like when you have a greasy burger or Chinese fried rice vs some sophisticated meal, you know the latter is better and healthier but the first is still more fun.

Citrus+ is more stable, sure... it also has much less substance than even OG Citrus. Mei was never crazy. Her actions all made sense in the context of her characterization and were actually super predictable once you recognized Saburo Uta's pattern. It's not like she was particularily subtle.

By crazy I mean: difficult girl who shows love-hate behaviour towards her love interest, which you can tolerate only due to the fact she is hot af lol

Not to say I don't enjoy Citrus or it's spin-off. The quality is just not comparable.

Agreed. Except the character art, where Citrus truly excels.

last edited at Apr 17, 2019 5:41PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Great, is this going to become another episode of the Junior Debate Society featuring someone who doesn't care for the series but for some reason thinks about it a lot? Because that's already in reruns by now.

You two wanna spar, do it in the ring. On pay per view. With the proceeds going into my account.

joined Nov 5, 2018

Yagakimi feels like it's been realized by an IA, following a certain protocole. It's so polished, so prepared. All characters fit a certain role, but even if that's true for a lot of stories, it is too obvious here maybe or just lacking "personal implication" of the author, or personality I don't know. It gives this feeling of perfection, and this reflects on the art as well: it's thin and smooth, not exaggerated manga expressions, it's very serious, but also kind of flat.
Though since I started following the series since chapter 33 I can't say I am not exited for the next chapter it hurts even.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Don’t get me wrong, I am fully aware YagaKimi is higher quality plot-wise, though in my opinion not in character development (Citrus characters feel more like real people IMO, as though they are real people thrown into a badly written soap opera scenario).

But to me personally it’s like when you have a greasy burger or Chinese fried rice vs some sophisticated meal, you know the latter is better and healthier but the first is still more fun.

You don't meet a whole lot of real people, do ya? I am joking
If you wanted to say character archetypes... then maaaybe? But character development? Come on. Citrus has about as much character development as Flash Gordon Volume 223 (a static character who doesn't change). Yuu's or Touko's character development are leagues above all of Citrus cast combined.

Wow, just dunking on fried rice there! There are some highly rated Chinese restaurants that serve fried rice better than you could ever imagine.

Also the only reason to eat a greasy burger rather than some well prepared dish is expense and effort. If you could eat 5 star meals for free and without waiting time, you'd do it, don't lie. There is nothing exciting about fast food, aside from clogged arteries I guess lol

By crazy I mean: difficult girl who shows love-hate behaviour towards her love interest, which you can tolerate only due to the fact she is hot af lol

That's why you tolerated her. What did we say about generalizing your point of view as the standard?

Agreed. Except the character art, where Citrus truly excels.

Art is subjective so whatever. Citrus' art was way more expressive in the early chapters, now it looks pretty plastic to me. YagaKimi thrives on subtlety and cuteness.

PS: Don't ignore poor @skulll. Nezchan is bored of our match-ups here, so mix it up, will ya?

You two wanna spar, do it in the ring. On pay per view. With the proceeds going into my account.

Only if you sponsor me.

last edited at Apr 18, 2019 3:54AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Whether this feud continues here or elsewhere, or doesn't continue at all, I think I would've been leaning towards @BugDevil's side, if not, then ACTUALLY on their side.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Whether this feud continues here or elsewhere, or doesn't continue at all, I think I would've been leaning towards @BugDevil's side, if not, then ACTUALLY on their side.

Calling it a "feud" is really not helping the situation BVster. People interpret way too much antagonism into our little discussion here. It's just a friendly talk about YagaKimi and its contemporaries. Even if I disagree with 90% of matsuri_wins opinions, she at lest has a sense of humor about it.

last edited at Apr 18, 2019 3:59AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So, it's Yagakimi vs Citrus?

I think I understand where matsuri_wins comes from. Yagakimi is a piece of art, but its structure and plot are very simple to understand. The characters are lovely and there's actually no antagonists or real drama. Actually, the one who suffered drama in the past (so it's actually "solved") is Sayaka, a side character.

Citrus' plot and characters are a mess and goes off-track more often than not, in weird or infuriating ways, but it elicits, for some people, stronger emotions than Yagakimi, because there's more drama, more conflicts and more stupidity to go around.

Really, it's a question of taste if you think one is better than the other. Personally, I'd rate Yagakimi higher than Citrus, because it's beautifully drawn and written. Citrus is an entirely different kind of meal. So, like spicy food, some may enjoy it more than plain food, some hate it, and some may enjoy both kind.

It's unfair to compare two things when it all comes down to personal taste.

last edited at Apr 18, 2019 6:25AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Damn, Nya-chan, that was well-done—sharp, accurate, and even-handed.

As someone who cooks, I really relate to the meal metaphor. One series is surprising only in that it consists of familiar ingredients combined in slightly unusual ways, then executed and served precisely as it needs to be.

The other is like a meal that started with a bold concept, but the kitchen discovered they were short on some crucial ingredients so they decided to improvise by ransacking the spice cabinet. (They also forgot to set the oven timer.) They avoided complete disaster by ending up with a big showy pre-prepared wedding cake.

A lot of people only remember that there were lots of tastes and they loved the dessert.

To reply you must either login or sign up.