Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Whether this is your fav manga or not (that's beside the point anyway), you basically explained to yourself why some people, myself included, have YagaKimi as their fav manga.

joined Nov 5, 2017

^^
^
I definitely agree, but I feel in the minority when it comes to Maki. Most people seem to like him but I see him as a creep and as a clear plot device whose entire character is "I am asexual and I like watching others' romances". He is definitely not a bad person, he is a nice guy but yeah. Having an asexual character here would have been much better if his character wasn't reduced to just that, since I believe showing different sexual orientations in this manga is nice and fresh when compared to other yuri manga.

last edited at Apr 5, 2019 6:24PM

joined Mar 12, 2019

Ah yes bloom into me baby

joined Mar 12, 2019

^^
^
I definitely agree, but I feel in the minority when it comes to Maki. Most people seem to like him but I see him as a creep and as a clear plot device whose entire character is "I am asexual and I like watching others' romances". He is definitely not a bad person, he is a nice guy but yeah. Having an asexual character here would have been much better if his character wasn't reduced to just that, since I believe showing different sexual orientations in this manga is nice and fresh when compared to other yuri manga.

I don’t think he is a creep, he just notices little things sometimes when he does happen to see what is going on, or if someone asks him about it. We as people have to admit that we all get nosy sometimes.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

At least in the most recent chapter we saw a side of Maki that's different. He actually showed some regret towards being aroace, where before he seemd 100% contend. If he wasn't such a minor character I am sure Nakatani would probably explore it some more.

last edited at Apr 8, 2019 4:21AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

At least in the most recent chapter we saw a side of Maki that's different. He actually showed some regret towards being aroace, where before he seemd 100% contend. If he wasn't such a minor character I am sure Nakatani would probably explore it some more.

To use a slightly altered version of a Bill Wurtz meme:
You can make a spin-off out of this.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Let's not go crazy here. This is the the exact order of relevance of necessary spin-offs here:
1. Midori x Manaka spin-off
2. Sayaka spin-off
3. Riko x Miyako spin-off
4. Cooking spin-off "Rei's cheesecake patisserie"
5. Doujima romcom (with Doujima constantly failing to get a GF and crying to Maki about it)
6. Maki spin-off

This list is not debatable.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Let's not go crazy here. This is the the exact order of relevance of necessary spin-offs here:
1. Midori x Manaka spin-off
2. Sayaka spin-off
3. Riko x Miyako spin-off
4. Cooking spin-off "Rei's cheesecake patisserie"
5. Doujima romcom (with Doujima constantly failing to get a GF and crying to Maki about it)
6. Maki spin-off

This list is not debatable.

Meh... I think it is debatable. I'd put it in this order:
1. Sayaka spin-off
2. Riko x Miyako spin-off
3. Maki spin-off
4. Midori x Manaka spin-off
6. Cooking spin-off "Rei's cheesecake patisserie"
But, hey, YMMV

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

joined Oct 22, 2018

^

I'm sorry, but I just can't stop laughing at the image you used to show your reaction.
Pahahahahahaha!.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Spinoffs I'd like to see.... Koyomi's introspections and RIko x Miyako.

joined Nov 5, 2017

Idk, can you really call it "regret" ? Even in the last chapter he said he wasn't bothered about it, but I guess his expressions could show that he has resigned to stay like this.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^^
^
I definitely agree, but I feel in the minority when it comes to Maki. Most people seem to like him but I see him as a creep and as a clear plot device whose entire character is "I am asexual and I like watching others' romances". He is definitely not a bad person, he is a nice guy but yeah.

I understand the wishing the character to be otherwise, but I don't get the contradiction between "creep" and "nice guy/not a bad person"--creeps are not nice guys pretty much by definition.

Leaving the sexuality thing aside, I guess I can relate to someone who spent high school observing with analytical interest while other people engaged in behaviors and social rituals I had no personal desire to participate in.

It's not like Maki skulks around hoping to catch others in their private moments, and god knows high-schoolers tend to play out their romances as if on a public stage. He's just like, "Wow, those people are really into something I'm not, and it's fascinating to watch."

joined Nov 5, 2017

^^
^
I definitely agree, but I feel in the minority when it comes to Maki. Most people seem to like him but I see him as a creep and as a clear plot device whose entire character is "I am asexual and I like watching others' romances". He is definitely not a bad person, he is a nice guy but yeah.

I understand the wishing the character to be otherwise, but I don't get the contradiction between "creep" and "nice guy/not a bad person"--creeps are not nice guys pretty much by definition.

Leaving the sexuality thing aside, I guess I can relate to someone who spent high school observing with analytical interest while other people engaged in behaviors and social rituals I had no personal desire to participate in.

It's not like Maki skulks around hoping to catch others in their private moments, and god knows high-schoolers tend to play out their romances as if on a public stage. He's just like, "Wow, those people are really into something I'm not, and it's fascinating to watch."

English is not my first language so maybe I don't know all the nuances "creep" has but I meant to say that, personally, someone who ships real people comes across as creepy to me. Just my personal take. It's like one of us 3D people start shipping other 3D people. Of course Maki is not a stalker and he doesn't hurt other people with this behavior and because of that I said he is a good guy, he even helped Yuu. It's just his great interest in others' romances that come that way to me. Like his smirk and slight blushing when he said "How interesting" in chapter 7 after seeing Yuu worried about Touko.

That being said, I don't dislike him. But in the writing aspect, he feels kinda flat as a character when compared to the others.

last edited at Apr 8, 2019 11:40AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It's just his great interest in others' romances that come that way to me. Like his smirk and slight blushing when he said "How interesting" in chapter 7 after seeing Yuu worried about Touko.

Well, I tend to see his interest as being in contrast to many (maybe most) people, who tend to look down on or even despise people who are deeply into things the person can’t understand or share.

And in that particular example it is quite telling that Yuu’s first reaction is to protect Touko rather than herself—“Don’t say anything to senpai because she would worry” rather than “Please don’t tell anyone because it would be a scandal.”

It’s true that there’s something innately unsettling about the “dispassionate observer of human behavior” position, but, as you say, Maki’s a pretty benign version as compared to the “it amuses me to dissect these disgusting worms with their filthy emotions” types.

joined Oct 22, 2018

personally, someone who ships real people comes across as creepy to me. Just my personal take. It's like one of us 3D people start shipping other 3D people.

Well, shit... I knew I wasn't completely sane, but I didn't know I was creepy... For some context on why I'm saying this: I'm shipping two of my female classmates, SL and JV.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Spinoffs I'd like to see.... Koyomi's introspections

I knew I forgot something. Squeeze that somewhere between #4 and #5.

last edited at Apr 9, 2019 7:33AM

joined Nov 5, 2017

Spin-offs I'd like to see:
1. Sayaka getting a gf in college (if she gets a third LN, which is very likely, but I'd rather see Nakatani do it even though I know it will never happen)
2. Midori and Manaka hooking up
3. Koyomi x author (age gap is delicious) and writing yuri fic of Touko and Yuu
4. Miyako x Riko slice of life
Don't care about the rest :v

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

1. Sayaka getting a gf in college (if she gets a third LN, which is very likely, but I'd rather see Nakatani do it even though I know it will never happen)
2. Midori and Manaka hooking up
3. Koyomi x author (age gap is delicious) and writing yuri fic of Touko and Yuu
4. Miyako x Riko slice of life

Koyomi x author (age gap) would be interesting indeed.

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

^^
^

I don’t think he is a creep, he just notices little things sometimes when he does happen to see what is going on, or if someone asks him about it. We as people have to admit that we all get nosy sometimes.

He’s not nosy either... what’s wrong with analyzing people? If people finding watching and eavesdropping creepy or nosy, then may as well gouge out our eyes and tear off our ears. It’s pretty hypocritical that people pretend as if they’re not guilty of this.

last edited at Apr 9, 2019 12:03AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Midori and Manaka hooking up

You. I like you.

last edited at Apr 9, 2019 3:01AM

Fad8970e-c901-4004-bae1-4e5d013b5424
joined Jan 19, 2019
  1. Koyomi x author (age gap is delicious)

As much as it would be, uh, an interesting experience, I’d rather see the real ship here: Koyomi x Renma-sensei. Reasons:

1. Renma-sensei, HOT DAMN!
  2. It was totally love at first sight between them. Koyomi was first like: “Oh... that’s not the anatomy I was expecting.”, and them was like: “OMG I’m making a fool of myself! She’s still my idol! She’s a genius! She’s... kinda hot.”
  3. It doesn’t even need to be sexual (at least not on Renma’s part, obviously), just romantic and sweet. Koyomi’s a teenager, it would be nice to see her developing a bond with the woman she admires.
  4. Number three only counts if it’s the same timeline. If it’s a future story, with a fully legal and fully mature Koyomi, things are allowed to get more intimate (Koyomi’s preferably an author as well, living on a beach house, and never again feeling the pressure to wear skirts or dresses).
  5. It would bring a whole new light to my fanfics.

last edited at Apr 9, 2019 6:52AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Ya know, I'm pretty sure Renma-sensei and "author" are the same person. Call it a hunch.

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Ya know, I'm pretty sure Renma-sensei and "author" are the same person. Call it a hunch.

Shhh...

Fad8970e-c901-4004-bae1-4e5d013b5424
joined Jan 19, 2019

I'm pretty sure Renma-sensei and "author" are the same person.

That’s a relief. My faith in this fandom is on it’s highest point again.

Anyway, I find it really odd that she hasn’t made a second appearance yet. One chapter (even less, a few pages), and the character was already likable.
Tho... if it os true that Koyomi is some kind of author surrogate, it’d be understandable if she does not appear again. Reality is not a romance novel, after all (sit down, Yuu.)

last edited at Apr 9, 2019 8:35AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.