Forum › One Page Shorts discussion

joined Sep 6, 2018

These one-page shorts are the equivalent to graduate-level, yuri writing assignments. I think anybody wanting to try out their creative skills should follow challenges written in these one page shorts.

I have no clue on how to write nor draw like the artists here, but I do recognize quality work and enjoy seeing how artists sharpen their skills with these challenges.

I’d like to see multiple artists pitch in their take on a particular yuri trope and see which artist wins by fan votes/reactions.

last edited at Mar 10, 2019 1:37AM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

The younger girl in the first story reminds me of Arisa. lol

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

This was from that 'How to do yuri' book with all the artists, right? Cool

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

that last one needs to be a series lol

Image%20(5)
joined Jul 17, 2018

It's fun when you don't read the artist, see a face, and go 'oh, that's definitely them.'

I can spot Arisa faces anywhere.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

tamamusi brings us the goods once again!

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Oh this was good. I feel like every yuri mangaka should do this, just cos it'll be fun to see their take on things.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Yiiis

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

That's what I was going to say.

joined Jan 13, 2016

"I'd let her eat me tho" me irl

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

That's what I was going to say.

Yes, yuri with moms <3

Where those one page shorts from the preorder bonuses tho?

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

Tamamusi strike again.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

There's Ikenai Hito but you can never have enough mom yuri. Also I think I prefer Tamamusi's rough style for shorts; it's more interesting to look at than when it's polished like this.

And I feel the complete opposite, IMO, of course.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

These one-page shorts are the equivalent to graduate-level, yuri writing assignments. I think anybody wanting to try out their creative skills should follow challenges written in these one page shorts.

I have no clue on how to write nor draw like the artists here, but I do recognize quality work and enjoy seeing how artists sharpen their skills with these challenges.

I’d like to see multiple artists pitch in their take on a particular yuri trope and see which artist wins by fan votes/reactions.

It's definitely challenging to write and conclude a short narrative in a single page. It's like making an animated story contained in 10 minutes. Plus they deliver some sort of punchline. The fact that each page is appealing and has good art and retains interest is a strong demonstration of writing and storying telling abilities. It really is difficult to pull something like this off.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Deserves the Philosophical tag for the commentaries.

Also yeah, I'm with the others who spotted the Arisa faces without being overly familiar with the artist or making the connection prior. Of course, since the world needs more Arisa, that's good.

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

I want a story arc from Araki-san and Matsukawa-san in my desk til Friday

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Where those one page shorts from the preorder bonuses tho?

That'd be a question for Stan. From what I understand, all the entries in the first Yuri Drill were one pagers. I haven't cracked open the raws though.

I would guess they were never scanned in that case. Was just reminded because I recently sorted through some stuff and found those.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Age Gap, Incest, School Girl, Adult Life, Bath and most importantly, Yuri, all in one manga! Just missing College and Co-Workers, then I would've died of happiness.

Fatvhoyx0am9qa0
joined Jan 20, 2019

my yuri senses are tingling

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

Moar lesbian moms pls

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

I love the expressions.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

I need more of that last scenario. Much more.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

The first was funny!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.