Forum › Cat & Piercing discussion

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

My only comment is to NOT use a piercing gun, as shown in this manga. It uses blunt force trauma to force the jewelry into your ear, which basically screams infection and scarring.

Screenshot_2020-06-05%20dorian%20electra%20has%20a%20full%20on%20broment
joined Jun 20, 2017

Yeah let's fight biphobia by straight up censoring or banning people who just find stories about bisexual girls disgusting, I'm sure it's going to work.
Banning someone simply for expressing an opinion is utterly ridiculous, people have the right to like or dislike something and to express that, some people on this site seem to have a big problem with freedom of speech.

I couldn't care less about their tastes. Discriminatory speech is still discriminatory speech, doesn't have to be cartoony like "all bisexuals must die", going around saying a manga is shit because it features bissexual characters (something this user did many times already) or calling bisexuality "toxic" is already enough. It's very well within the rights of a community (especially a community dedicated mostly to lesbian fiction) to disallow discrimination based on sexual orientation. You can still express unlikable opinions without crossing that line.

A transparent system of clear rules, warnings and bans is not censorship.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I interpret it as a good thing that she bit her actually. She wanted to be special and.. I guess she did achieve that. It's a bit extreme but... oh well...

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

That's what I was thinking too but it's a bit extreme to almost bite someone's ear off (who would want to hurt the person they love?)

Hm... but the dressing on her ear is rather tiny, isn't it?
It couldn't have been that bad...

People are blowing that bite way out of proportion.

I'd say. That patch on her ear is pretty much a band-aid.
The other girl just wanted to put her own mark over the marks of all the previous bfs & gfs. The bite wasn't that sharp. It just drew a little blood, that's all.

joined Sep 6, 2018

I'm impressed with the healthy amount of discussion on this manga. Reading the comments section is more entertaining than re-reading the manga.

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

I don't know if anyone else mentioned it, but it feels like the bite had an extra meaning to it. It seems like it's was large enough to "overwrite" the piercings of her ex's both as a show of dominance and to make sure she was the one who is remembered. Plus, who enjoys being reminded of your girlfriend's ex's anyways?

last edited at Mar 6, 2019 9:02PM

Madame_Firenze
76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

as someone who really likes getting bitten... yes

A85b3543-23b0-436a-a1a7-7ef9eb4e7778
joined Apr 30, 2016

Yeah let's fight biphobia by straight up censoring or banning people who just find stories about bisexual girls disgusting, I'm sure it's going to work.
Banning someone simply for expressing an opinion is utterly ridiculous, people have the right to like or dislike something and to express that, some people on this site seem to have a big problem with freedom of speech.

I couldn't care less about their tastes. Discriminatory speech is still discriminatory speech, doesn't have to be cartoony like "all bisexuals must die", going around saying a manga is shit because it features bissexual characters (something this user did many times already) or calling bisexuality "toxic" is already enough. It's very well within the rights of a community (especially a community dedicated mostly to lesbian fiction) to disallow discrimination based on sexual orientation. You can still express unlikable opinions without crossing that line.

A transparent system of clear rules, warnings and bans is not censorship.

I don’t know about others but in most stories I seen with a bisexual tag on Dynasty usually ends up having a girl heartbroken because the one she loves left her for a man. And I don’t like that so I avoid them. I have nothing against bisexuals irl, I’m just a very sexist girl.
Examples of heartbroken by going for the man:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/honey_method_the_girls_party
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/dont_forget_the_forget_me_nots
I’ve been scarred by this one https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sweet_lips_1

These are some rare happy ones:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/candy_trap
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/lady_spy_and_lady_doctor
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_want_to_seduce_you
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/encounter_effect

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I don’t know about others but in most stories I seen with a bisexual tag on Dynasty usually ends up having a girl heartbroken because the one she loves left her for a man. And I don’t like that so I avoid them. I have nothing against bisexuals irl, I’m just a very sexist girl.
Examples of heartbroken by going for the man:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/honey_method_the_girls_party
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/dont_forget_the_forget_me_nots
I’ve been scarred by this one https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sweet_lips_1

These are some rare happy ones:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/candy_trap
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/lady_spy_and_lady_doctor
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_want_to_seduce_you
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/encounter_effect

I think you have a very selective memory. If you actually go through every oneshot tagged "bisexual" on this site, the ones that end with girl-girl relationships outnumber the boy-girl ones at least 2-to-1.

Honestly I think you're missing out for being so opposed to stories about heartbreak, but that's a matter of taste. However, the plotlines of the various bisexual stories are a matter of fact, and your belief about them is simply inaccurate. The majority of bisexual tag stories on this site have one woman who previously dated men deciding to date a woman.

last edited at Mar 7, 2019 7:31AM

joined Jun 26, 2017

Was that Haru and Chiaki (of 'A Secret Between You and Me') making an appearance at the end?!
Also: Ao-chan seems like a character Noto Mamiko would voice.

Is this like when a stray cat gets neutered and it also gets a triangle cut out in it's ear to show that it's neutered? I'm only referencing to the ear part.

Huh. I hadn't heard of this, but it makes enough sense to me. Ya learn something new everyday. :D

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

My only comment is to NOT use a piercing gun, as shown in this manga. It uses blunt force trauma to force the jewelry into your ear, which basically screams infection and scarring.

Thanks for the advice

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

I can't believe we're having this "bisexuals are toxic" "how to fight biphobic people" discussion again. Its the same guy posting this kind of shit in every topic and causing people to have these pointless back-and-forth-s. It's okay having different tastes and avoiding a particular tag (me with Lolicon and Futanari) but outright hating on a group of people in the lgbt+ community in a website mainly focused on sapphic manga? That's just distasteful. Can moderators just ban that dude, please?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Okay, first of all I'm not going to ban CozyCreature12, for the simple reason that they already left the conversation two days ago and didn't keep pushing it.

However, I will require them to stop posting in bi-related discussions from now on. If you've got a problem with bi people, that's your problem and you need to keep it to yourself. If you do post in those discussions, that will be grounds for a ban, just so they understand.

As to bisexual people in manga, it's a huge failing on the part of manga authors in general that they keep writing them so badly. Because of that, I can understand people not wanting to read stories with a bisexual tag because more often than not they're full of bi-phobic tropes, whether intentional or not. If anything, this particular story is an exception to the rule in that the bisexual character is actually a pretty decent person who's not unfaithful, predatory, or what have you. So calling it toxic because it contains bisexuality is ridiculous and so is anyone who says it is.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

more often than not they're full of bi-phobic tropes, whether intentional or not. If anything, this particular story is an exception to the rule in that the bisexual character is actually a pretty decent person who's not unfaithful, predatory, or what have you.

The thing is, that's not even true. Sure, there are some stories that are like that, but nowhere near the majority. The assumption that most stories about bisexuals present bisexuals as toxic is wrong, just as is the assumption that most bisexuals are toxic. It's just an extension of the same faulty belief, taking a stereotype and projecting it onto the data, or selectively forgetting all the many counterexamples.

last edited at Mar 7, 2019 8:37PM

24-1
joined Sep 21, 2011

Okay, first of all I'm not going to ban CozyCreature12, for the simple reason that they already left the conversation two days ago and didn't keep pushing it.

However, I will require them to stop posting in bi-related discussions from now on. If you've got a problem with bi people, that's your problem and you need to keep it to yourself. If you do post in those discussions, that will be grounds for a ban, just so they understand.

As to bisexual people in manga, it's a huge failing on the part of manga authors in general that they keep writing them so badly. Because of that, I can understand people not wanting to read stories with a bisexual tag because more often than not they're full of bi-phobic tropes, whether intentional or not. If anything, this particular story is an exception to the rule in that the bisexual character is actually a pretty decent person who's not unfaithful, predatory, or what have you. So calling it toxic because it contains bisexuality is ridiculous and so is anyone who says it is.

Thank you !

I don't label myself as Bi because the reaction I would get from my fellow LGBT community was not all that friendly a lot of the time... You know, they were thinking of the negative connotations that go with it... Instead I have to label myself as a lesbian, because I mostly like women,and very very few men(who strongly have some sort of feminine quality about them).When I'm with a guy... well... that is when I get to use the "90% of the time" thing... So when someone doubts my lesbian status I just say "Well, 90% of the time anyways..." If being Bi wasn't a crime I would be able to just label myself as that...

Honestly if someone has a problem with a tag of some sort and it is on the Manga being discussed then this should apply to what ever the specific tag is.

Img_8470
joined Sep 6, 2016

I don't label myself as Bi because the reaction I would get from my fellow LGBT community was not all that friendly a lot of the time... You know, they were thinking of the negative connotations that go with it... Instead I have to label myself as a lesbian, because I mostly like women,and very very few men(who strongly have some sort of feminine quality about them).When I'm with a guy... well... that is when I get to use the "90% of the time" thing... So when someone doubts my lesbian status I just say "Well, 90% of the time anyways..." If being Bi wasn't a crime I would be able to just label myself as that...

Honestly if someone has a problem with a tag of some sort and it is on the Manga being discussed then this should apply to whatever the specific tag is.

Wow, it's cool to find someone else who is also specifically 90% lesbian. I've heard 60% & 70% from any bi friends comfortable enough in calling themselves bi.

I used to be subconsciously biphobic TOWARDS MYSELF precisely BECAUSE of so many of the negative stereotypes. I'd call myself lesbian to others too and avoid the "bi" word if I wasn't in a relationship with a guy right now, simply because I'm afraid of others reactions even if I have accepted in within myself. I need to be stronger. It's sad to avoid old LGBT spaces now too so as to not be accused of just attention seeking or something when it's pretty rare for me to be attracted to a guy and I've lived through homophobia for my teens?? Oversharing now I guess

Looking forward to more bi stories on here :)

last edited at Mar 8, 2019 10:57AM

Img_8470
joined Sep 6, 2016

The ending is open to interpretation (as is any story I guess lol) so I don't think the people worried about the possibility of this leading to an abusive relationship are overreacting considering the final creepy expression and how people CAN reveal a side like this after a while, as some people have already said. It is a matter of perspective, of course, but the end expression definitely sent a cold shiver of anxiety down my spine - but since I'm a switch there was both empathy and adrenaline from a kink POV. But I'm in a safe consensual relationship, and these stories are just fantasy for me, comparable to the adrenaline of a horror movie perhaps, so I don't have a reason to be particularly afraid. I imagine however for people who have gone through trauma it could send off more alarms bells than for me who is like "oooh, kinky, ooh scary expression, nice." ^_^;;;

last edited at Mar 8, 2019 11:07AM

joined Nov 9, 2017

can this be a series if I clap and just believe in it hard enough? because I can clap and believe anything for this as a series

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

I can kind of get where Ao is coming from in this situation, feeling the need to assert her possessiveness. Shuri is basically telling her, "I'll just add you to all the others" when she asked her to give her another piercing, almost insinuating that she wants a momento of Ao for when they're over. Ao's having none of that.

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

Bisexual...hmmm, from Nekomura...hmm, i`ll avoid this...
I got very triggered by this story
Pd. Toxic relationship...
Really i feel dissapointed and surprised that Nekomura draw this...

The biphobia jumped out.

And I don't understand how this is abusive. MC was really getting into her gf being possessive and rough. I don't think the ear bandage bit was as bad as some people are making it out to be. Heck it could even just be a large bite mark that would be VERY difficult to explain if it wasn't bandaged up. Sex gets rough sometimes. Who knew?

PurpleForests
Img_8470
joined Sep 6, 2016

Bisexual...hmmm, from Nekomura...hmm, i`ll avoid this...
I got very triggered by this story
Pd. Toxic relationship...
Really i feel dissapointed and surprised that Nekomura draw this...

The biphobia jumped out.

And I don't understand how this is abusive. MC was really getting into her gf being possessive and rough. I don't think the ear bandage bit was as bad as some people are making it out to be. Heck it could even just be a large bite mark that would be VERY difficult to explain if it wasn't bandaged up. Sex gets rough sometimes. Who knew?

That was my first thought too. Marks like that are not the easiest to explain away. I figured that's what the turtleneck implied as well. Lots and lots of marking

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

Also wtf why are there multiple comments about "I avoid the bisexual tag"?? The fact that MC is bi is literally the least important thing to this story.

Makes me wonder too,they see a tag they don't like and instead of ignore it and move on they feel the need to complain about it in the forum without even reading the manga
New "offended by everything and everyone " generation is gathered in the dynasty reader forum

Eee
joined Dec 8, 2018

what are these comments wtf this is fuckin great
a little bit of domming doesn't make the relationship unhealthy sdfsdsdsddsd

last edited at Mar 9, 2019 5:38PM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I don’t know about others but in most stories I seen with a bisexual tag on Dynasty usually ends up having a girl heartbroken because the one she loves left her for a man.
I’ve been scarred by this one: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sweet_lips_1

Umm surely there must be some kinda mistake?
That story is Sweet Lips by Morinaga Milk, who is one of the most loved and admired authors of yuri manga in this forum. And it's NOT a story where a girl leaves her female lover for a man! Morinaga Milk doesn't write stories like that; one of the reasons she's so loved by the fans is that, in her manga, no matter how rocky the road, yuri always prevails in the end.
It's what happens in Sweet Lips: the MC dumps her boyfriend because she likes the other girl better. It's shown and stated clearly; there isn't any ambiguity about that. What could give you the idea it was otherwise???

Profile_picture_by_sejuani_winterswrath-d6lk1uw
joined May 18, 2013

I gotta be honest, I was so lost I had to read a bunch of commetns to enlighten me.

1. Some ppl hating on bisexual characters, *pretends to be shocked
  2. I tought she had removed her piercings or smthing. But then, I was like. ffs she bit her. Ok... thats, odd, and not really my boat. YET, she seems okei with that... and well. Who am I to judge? 3.Everything seems to be toxic nowadays... *pretends to be shocked, again.

To reply you must either login or sign up.