Forum › Fukakai na Boku no Subete o discussion

joined Oct 27, 2018

Yeah the diversity of gender stuff is a little contrived, but so is the Breakfast Club for having characters from different cliques, or how characters in stories usually don't have the same first name, or any of the other coincidences that authors use to help tell the story. Having a diverse cast helps explore different topics, so that's not a weakness, it's a feature.

That said, I'm transgender so I'm obviously biased, but I hope I make sense.

It's not even really all that contrived, because of the setting, it makes sense that a lot of queer ppl would work there. Especially sense, based off the first chapter, they seem to be intentionally looking to hire queer kids. It seems to me that at least part of Sa-chans motivation for opening the place was to create a place these kids could feel accepted.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

macfluffers posted:

To my knowledge, there are very few serialized manga that actively discuss gender and sexuality, which is a deep and complex topic, so I'm a little confused about calling it immature. Some aspects may be cliche, and if there were a greater canon of transgender manga out there then I'd concede it, but it's also going into uncharted territory. The confusion in this very thread regarding agender identity and socialization is evidence of that.

See Shimanami Tasogare. It's largely more mature than this.

Actually, the drawing style doesn't help here: it's pure moe and does a disservice to the seriousness of the theme. I can't take the characters seriously when they act all cute and >.< , say "nya" and go "kyaa" on frilly clothes.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

We should just call each other people, human, etc... Why is gender needed anyways? Why do we have the need to define everything, we can't expect to fully undertand the world if we limit our thinking that much...

last edited at Feb 1, 2019 7:49PM

Phpcmgiip_c2pm
joined Dec 14, 2016

We should just call each other people, human, etc... Why is gender needed anyways? Why do we have the need to define everything, we can't expect to fully undertand the world if we limit our thinking that much...

I am in security and gender or if you prefer sex is a necessity for critical situations. And I don't usually mind in normal situations but when procedures that need to take sex into consideration occur this sort of fluid mentality can be seriously detrimental.

joined Jul 26, 2014

what in god's name is this shit...

joined Oct 12, 2015

not a lot of comments but a lot of long once. Very nice

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

what in god's name is this shit...

Pretty good shiz

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Dramaaaaaaa

Well, whatever.

Untitled172-1
joined Jan 4, 2017

Oh man, Koto-chan's reaction felt too close to home

Now let's see where the drama goes on with this

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Dramaaaaaaa

Well, whatever.

I feed on their sadness. Their anguish gives me strength. They must suffer so that I may live.

Fireshot%20screen%20capture%20%23073%20-%20'vol_%201%20ch_%201%20(even%20if%20it%20was%20just%20once,%20i%20regret%20it)%20-%20mangadex'%20-%20mangadex_org_chapter_689420_11%20-%20copy
joined May 6, 2018

This series is just magical... It could be said as entertaining but I feel like there is more than that. Also aaaangst are coming now and I expect to see emotional rides soon

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

This series is just magical...

You're right about that. This series is just so good at what it does.

joined Jan 9, 2019

This series is sure interesting. Love it!

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

this chapter was a whole lot of feels man. please let kotone realize she is normal and get a girlfriend.

Bushouhuanying
joined Jul 7, 2013

I'll have feeling kotone. Is going to end up with the orange head girl

At the girlyboy cafe. By the end of this series

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I'll have feeling kotone. Is going to end up with the orange head girl

At the girlyboy cafe. By the end of this series

I think he said he liked guys though didn't he?

What an awesome chapter. Hits me right in the feels.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Interesting. It's the first cis lesbian of this story. Now, that's someone I can identify with.

She ought to be the MC.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

OOF

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Kotone's story was sad and all, but it doesn't excuse her from pushing her own ideas and insecurities on Mogu, because she was hurt and assuming Mogu is "weird" like her, so Mogu will never find anyone as well, so only option for them is to settle for each other, since they're better off like that. All under the disguise of pretending to know better what is best for Mogu, while completely ignoring Mogu's identity and their own desires. She couldn't even not see Mogu as "just another guy" and reacted with disgust, while at the same time forcing them to "be a girl" so she can feel safe and secure with them. All she did for Mogu was self-serving and focused only on making her life better. Surly the best relationship for Mogu.

Profile%20picture%20leaaaaaaaaaaaaf
joined Jan 27, 2019

ITS NOT A PHASE MOM

joined Apr 26, 2016

Interesting. It's the first cis lesbian of this story. Now, that's someone I can identify with.

She ought to be the MC.

Implying Mogu isnt queer

Screenshot_2020-06-05%20dorian%20electra%20has%20a%20full%20on%20broment
joined Jun 20, 2017

She ought to be the MC.

Implying Mogu isnt queer

How so? Didn't they say "cis"?

last edited at Mar 2, 2019 7:04PM

joined Apr 26, 2016

She ought to be the MC.

Implying Mogu isnt queer

Mogumo is nonbinary

joined Jan 6, 2017

She ought to be the MC.

Implying Mogu isnt queer

Mogumo is nonbinary

They said "first cis lesbian", Mogumo is neither cis, nor a lesbian. In no way did theg imply that Mogumo isn't nonbinary

To reply you must either login or sign up.