Forum › All of Humanity is Yuri Except For Me discussion

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

A Straight Girl Wanders Into A Lesbian Universe

Was just thinking about this

last edited at Feb 24, 2019 11:01PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

It's been a hundred years since the male gender and it's related psychological archetype was erased from humanity. That's actually a VERY long time. Long enough that pretty much every single living person alive in their world today has never known a world where men existed. There is no living memory of the male gender, rather just second hand information learned from books. Given this it is very unlikely that the people of their current day world would even have much of a concept of what men or masculinity were like and certainly not a full enough working concept of it for somebody to identify intimately with what is now a non-existent gender archetype.

There would likely still be females that would act and think in a manner that our world would consider masculine by our standards, but in their world the idea of masculinity itself is just a faded second hand ghost of a memory. There simply would no longer be another gender to identify with. It would all just be shades of femininity. In fact the idea of femininity itself would likely die out as well eventually since it is now just all shades of being human.

Nice work! I really liked your analysis. Well-written, and makes all the right points. Good job!

Homumug
joined Jan 13, 2015

If it's a boy, dropped.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Wait, I thought she wasn't dating yet?!

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

ah so it was just yuri bait after all. Dropped

Not sure. Spaghetti is straight until it gets wet.

Well that's a cute saying but considering the author...

I don't quite get this? The author has done 4Koma, Gender Bender and Moe before, as well as a few misc doujins. Sure nothing conceretely yuri, but it's also not like she's written huge amounts of het, ntr or even Happy End.

9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

That face at the end... All it needs it a "Nani?!"

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

ah so it was just yuri bait after all. Dropped

Not sure. Spaghetti is straight until it gets wet.

Well that's a cute saying but considering the author...

I don't quite get this? The author has done 4Koma, Gender Bender and Moe before, as well as a few misc doujins. Sure nothing conceretely yuri, but it's also not like she's written huge amounts of het, ntr or even Happy End.

The part people are upset about is the aforementioned Gender Bender work, Idol Pretender. Specifically, in the beginning the gender-bent main character was attracted to the girl she liked as a boy, and that girl liked her back too. It really did seem like it would be a genuine gender bender yuri manga. However, the last few chapters had her fall in love with a boy instead. People (including me) were pretty upset at the whole thing, especially considering the way that as she got "girlier" she stopped having a crush on the other girl.

Well, it's been a while since I read that manga, but that's how I remember it. That's why people have reservations about this author in general. But who knows how this one will end up? Maybe this manga is supposed to make up for all of the yuri fans the author pissed off in the past, only time will tell.

All of that being said, I really don't think that the MC having a boyfriend is at all any indication that she won't end up with Kazami in the future. It's way too early to draw any conclusions.

last edited at Feb 25, 2019 1:52AM

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

Considering how long it took her to even mention that, I expect her to eventually find out that she wasn't really interested in her bf since the start and was only dating him to conform to her idea of normal

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Considering how long it took her to even mention that, I expect her to eventually find out that she wasn't really interested in her bf since the start and was only dating him to conform to her idea of normal

That's a good point - normally if someone asked to go out with you, even for fake dating like in this case, whether you're already dating someone or not is one of the first things to come up. Here it seems like she's just mentioning him as an afterthought.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

The part people are upset about is the aforementioned Gender Bender work, Idol Pretender. Specifically, in the beginning the gender-bent main character was attracted to the girl she liked as a boy, and that girl liked her back too. It really did seem like it would be a genuine gender bender yuri manga. However, the last few chapters had her fall in love with a boy instead. People (including me) were pretty upset at the whole thing, especially considering the way that as she got "girlier" she stopped having a crush on the other girl.

Its even worse since the entire message of the manga (till the last 3 chapters or so) was "Gender does not matter when it comes to love" and the MCs crush fell in love with her because of that. Then it made a 180 and said "I am a girl, I need a dick in me!"

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

The way Kazami talks about promises and the way she handles interactions with Uruuno (vs. the obvious crush) makes me think there’s a potential for some classic Childhood Friend stuff with the Uruuno from her world.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Clearly the yuri-world one actually wanted a boyfriend, and the normal-world one wants a girlfriend (she just doesn't know yet). So they were somehow switched and now both get to be happy.

Worst end: actually, they both want a boyfriend, so when normal-world one returns to her world she'll do a threesome polything with her clone from this world; together with their boyfriend

joined Aug 19, 2012

I'll never read anything from this author again if this ends up being yuribait

last edited at Feb 25, 2019 6:21AM

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

She want to go back just for a supposed boy?
Is not even for other reason like her father or anything is very silly.

joined Feb 1, 2017

Well.... I'm assuming from the light hair girl's emphasis on her dislike of those who break promises, that the 'main character' of this world did just that. And, having come to this conclusion, were they previously dating (before the switch), or did light hair girl confess and dark hair girl made a promise of some sort that she'll reply after some time?

Screenshot_2017-06-30-15-13-16
joined Sep 11, 2016

whatever happens, i'll never drop this

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

whatever happens, i'll never drop this

Right there with you.

Hana
joined Jun 20, 2014

she is totally not going back lol.
even if she did, she will start to miss the times she spent with Kagami and go back to the yuri world.
or Kagami somehow ended up in the hetero world. xD

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Thinking about it, I wonder what are the feelings of our world's Lily.
Would be fun if both of the characters were from our world, and Lily, seeing Marika's boyfriend, wanted to go to a world without men, willing a jump between worlds.

I know stories are often told because the situations are convenient, but it feels very convenient for the girl who had a crush on Marika to be into the specific problem she faces (parallel worlds), and to run into girls who are clearly thugs, even though anyone savvy about this world's ways would avoid them like the plague.

While it kinda works though, I can't say I believe in it too much. She seemed to genuinely distrust Marika before seeing her History book, and she apparently didn't know she had a boyfriend in our world (though she could've willed the yuri world without knowing Marika had a boyfriend, or before she even had one, to be with a Marika that had better chances of being a lesbian; in that case that really would be too bad for Lily, poor girl, her lesbian crush she changed worlds for, replaced by the straightest spaghetti around).

I just like speculation, don't mind all that too much.

last edited at Feb 25, 2019 11:13AM

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

... You know, from this thread and other ones on this site, I get the feeling that a lot of people frequenting this site have a thing against non-yuri stories in general. Is that right?

I mean, I get the complaints about this author's other work ending with a non-yuri relationship after spending the vast majority of its storyline giving the strong impression that it's going to end with a yuri relationship, and that's really shitty. But holding a big enough grudge that you'd never read another story by the author just because they might pull the same bait-and-switch ending again, even if the work has a unique/interesting premise? At least my hatred for Ken Akamatsu is over how severely he mishandled the way Negima's story concluded (both the actual plot and the harem subplot), his horrific flanderization of several characters in the much-reviled Sports Festival arc (Haruna and Yuuna are the biggest offenders), and then shitting all over what was good about Negima with the "sequel" that is UQ Holder.

last edited at Feb 25, 2019 12:17PM

joined Jan 26, 2019

The version of her that might have been switched with her must be having a weird time.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

... You know, from this thread and other ones on this site, I get the feeling that a lot of people frequenting this site have a thing against non-yuri stories in general. Is that right?

I mean, I get the complaints about this author's other work ending with a non-yuri relationship after spending the vast majority of its storyline giving the strong impression that it's going to end with a yuri relationship, and that's really shitty. But holding a big enough grudge that you'd never read another story by the author just because they might pull the same bait-and-switch ending again, even if the work has a unique/interesting premise?

A lot of people come for yuri so they don't necessarily wanna read something else. I do think the hate usually seen against het stories is pretty unreasonable though. In regards to this particular author, one work can show a lot about how they think about certain issues, so i can understand people's reservations about him.

How Idol pretender was handled was just....bad. It's biggest problem wasn't even the yuribait, but how he handled gender identity and roles. In Idol pretender the pairing everyone was rooting for was actually the het pair since MC was originally male and identified as male. The problem was that MC suddenly became "girlier" and "weaker" (went from beating up creeps to being scared and useless and needed to be rescued) the longer he was in a female body and ended up with his male best friend not because he identified as gay, but because he was in a female body, he had to end up with a male.

Hell i think the best friend and yuri love interest were done properly (they both accepted mc regardless of his body). Being with the best friend wouldn't have been so bad if MC was the same person throughout the story, but it was portrayed as MC seeing friend be more attractive as he became "girlier" to the point he didn't want to take the medicine to change back to a male so they could be together.

With such a fuck up like that, it's hard to believe the author understands gender and sexuality. I personally am willing to give him a chance, but if it turns het, I won't be surprised.

Ayuwaka
joined May 27, 2018

And now this manga need the "het" tag? Meh.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

OMG you guys I need MOAR! She's het though ;_;.

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

I don't think we should be jumping to conclusions just yet. Sure, its definitely both implied and likely that she's dating a boy back in her own world, but their gender hasn't been specifically stated yet

Anyway, I plan on seeing this series through to the end. Partly for the yuri, of course, but the series itself is genuinely drawing me in. I'm a sucker for this sort of parallel world plotline

To reply you must either login or sign up.