Forum › Citrus discussion

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

I get the feeling that mei doesn't even have feelings for the male teacher at all ... seems like he forced that kiss onto her. Through out the series he might show up as a problem but I strongly believe Yuzu and Mei will ultimately end up together even if the male teacher is a nuisance.

I think he might be the, "elite teacher" she is engage to and probably didn't have a say in the matter.

just my thoughts though ^_^

last edited at Apr 7, 2013 6:48PM

joined Jan 31, 2013

Well, I love the art but the story... not so much for the moment. It's all over the place, somewhat cliche, etc.

And here I was beginning to feel really alone, thank you.

the school presidente is the rector grandother...
i remember "she wolf"... too cliche!

Don't see how it's cliché ? When it (rarely) shows up it's used to explain and aggressive behavior from a charcter (Love pheromone 5, She-wolf) but it's not the case here

Kuro_bear
joined Apr 1, 2013

Yeah, definitely a forced kiss from the teacher otherwise Mei wouldn't have been mad at Yuzu for blabbering about how kisses should be "romantic" and give Yuzu that look when she was peeping.

joined Mar 31, 2013

I swear to God, Citrus is friggin' beautiful.

I know this sounds bad-- but honestly, I don't give for the storyline as long as the other good stuff are actually, well, you know, good.

Seriously, I fell in love with the art, and I can't speak anymore

Images_(2)
joined Feb 10, 2013

...i love the art...it's been a long time since i got interested in manga's art...the story caught my taste...but....i hope there is no man in that story... i got irritated with the kiss of that teacher....ugh!!

last edited at Apr 8, 2013 1:32AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I swear to God, Citrus is friggin' beautiful.

I know this sounds bad-- but honestly, I don't give for the storyline as long as the other good stuff are actually, well, you know, good.

Haha, s'okay, I find myself there sometimes. Unless the story is rage-inducing, which isn't horribly common.

Anyway, I read this a while ago and immediately thought, "That art looks really familiar." Not just the lines and design, but panel composition and expressions as well. I didn't have anywhere to ask at the time, but now that I do...I'm wondering if I was the only person who felt like this? In other words...does this art remind you of another manga? I've been killing myself over here trying to think of what it could be...

And to comment on the actual manga...I dig Yuzu's character just for how much of a girl she is. From the first page you can tell how just how hopelessly romantic she's going to act, and the fact that continues on is probably the second reason (behind the art) I've stayed interested in it.

joined Apr 8, 2013

@ The writing
This one definitely goes places ( I've read chapter 2 and 3 raws ) and it doesn't disappoint. The drama tag on this one is well deserved.

Please could you reveal just a little bit of chapter 3's plot? I don't understand Japanese at all so it really is killing me, especially when Dynasty tags this series as Het. I only desire to know if Mei already loves another someone or not, to prepare for the next release. If Yuzu has to get through the pain of one-sided love at the end I'll have to buy a reserve of tissues T-T Sorry if this piss anybody off, I definitely don't want to ruin the mood :(

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

The chapter was tagged as Het, not the whole series.
I don't know enough about the series to tag it as something that warrents more warning for het shenanigans.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

Well, I love the art but the story... not so much for the moment. It's all over the place, somewhat cliche, etc.

And here I was beginning to feel really alone, thank you.

the school presidente is the rector grandother...
i remember "she wolf"... too cliche!

Most yuri stories are quite cliched. Especially if it features a school of any sort.
To put it in a less harsh way, you'll see a lot of familiar plots/ideas/settings...

it's not always a bad thing, i liked a lot of cliched stories, yuri in an all female school for example hardly avoids this risk,

but, if a story is intentional cliche in some aspects (the tsundere character who is almost in all the manga, for example) is different,
or if the cliche is used ironically, like in she wolf.

anyway, about this work it's early for critics.

Saya
joined Apr 8, 2013

I'm sorry but what does the tag "Het" means ???

joined Mar 23, 2013

I'm sorry but what does the tag "Het" means ???

Heterosexual

joined Apr 8, 2013

Wow! good start :)

Bayonettamachinekill
joined Apr 8, 2013

nooo!!! kiss by a filthy guy!!!! so far that made me not continue reading on. But the picture in the front screen yuri what a disapoinment....WHY! do they mix guys on a yuri MANGA!!!!!

Bayonettamachinekill
joined Apr 8, 2013

that moment when the sensei kiss the hot girl! I wanted to puke(im a lesbians tsundere) I wanted to kiss his ass!!! how dare he touches a yuri girl!!!! if I were her girlfriend Ill slap him right in the face.

Bayonettamachinekill
joined Apr 8, 2013

Yeah, definitely a forced kiss from the teacher otherwise Mei wouldn't have been mad at Yuzu for blabbering about how kisses should be "romantic" and give Yuzu that look when she was peeping.

TRUEE DIRTY SENSEI! A

Bayonettamachinekill
joined Apr 8, 2013

also this series shouldn't be called het yet because on the second chapter it turns yuri

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

They throw in a guy to drive is crazy but chapter 2 and 3 do not disappoint ;)

joined Jan 31, 2013

WHY! do they mix guys on a yuri MANGA!!!!!

Maybe because in real life, people are often commited in a heterosexual relationship ?

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

WHY! do they mix guys on a yuri MANGA!!!!!

Maybe because in real life, people are often commited in a heterosexual relationship ?

When they all of the sudden realize they're a lesbian? That doesn't happen much, at least to my experience. I knew I was gay the moment someone explained to me what gay was... and it doesn't seem like Mei was in the process of coming out when she fucking tackled whatever-her-name-is. The guys are added into yuri manga to be more real to life. Real life isn't segregated by gender, even if you're at an all-girls school.

Although, this is a strange place for this manga to be true to life.

last edited at Apr 8, 2013 3:22PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Please could you reveal just a little bit of chapter 3's plot? I don't understand Japanese at all so it really is killing me, especially when Dynasty tags this series as Het. I only desire to know if Mei already loves another someone or not, to prepare for the next release. If Yuzu has to get through the pain of one-sided love at the end I'll have to buy a reserve of tissues T-T Sorry if this piss anybody off, I definitely don't want to ruin the mood :(

Be patient! It runs in Yuri Hime, how could they not get together?

When they all of the sudden realize they're a lesbian? That doesn't happen much, at least to my experience.

Considering I've read personal stories where an individual doesn't realize their sexuality till in their 30's or beyond...I don't think I'd say it's totally uncommon. I guess some people are just really out of touch with their feelings!

Agreed on that last bit though.

last edited at Apr 8, 2013 3:24PM

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

Be patient! It runs in Yuri Hime, how could they not get together?

When they all of the sudden realize they're a lesbian? That doesn't happen much, at least to my experience.

Considering I've read personal stories where an individual doesn't realize their sexuality till in their 30's or beyond...I don't think I'd say it's totally uncommon. I guess some people are just really out of touch with their feelings!

Agreed on that last bit though.

In any case the guy is thrown into the manga to add more drama, and I don't see yuzu having a one sided love. Like I stated before it look as if the teacher had force that kiss on her. clearly she was upset which was shown toward the end of this chapter. I highly doubt she has any love for this teacher and is most likely going to develop feeling for yuzu ... that is just my hunch.

joined Apr 8, 2013

Loving it so far!!!!! <( ^ o ^ )>

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

I know people like this too but I'm only 18 so I don't really talk to them. The people I talk to are around my age, and we tend to be a little too open about... everything. And I kinda thought that people who don't realize they're gay until later on were mostly products of their society, and it doesn't happen so much anymore? I don't know, I live in New York.

In any case the guy is thrown into the manga to add more drama, and I don't see yuzu having a one sided love. Like I stated before it look as if the teacher had force that kiss on her. clearly she was upset which was shown toward the end of this chapter. I highly doubt she has any love for this teacher and is most likely going to develop feeling for yuzu ... that is just my hunch.

I agree with you. I agree with you so much that it is SAD... I wish there were less archetypical stories out there. It stunts my creativity.

last edited at Apr 8, 2013 4:39PM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Just because they are now step-sisters doesnt make it incest... >_>

Also I like it, dont think Ive seen this twist in a story in a while... and that teacher Im sure was just kissing her because "were engaged and we can do this, youre mine now" or whatever BS he has floating in his head.

last edited at Apr 8, 2013 4:39PM

Dante_by_diimitrii-d5t5ps7
joined Mar 30, 2013

Came back to read it again! Such a neat start. While the series plot may be a little cliched at the moment, I couldn't help but get all giddy inside for the next chapter. Something tells me that the kiss was just something to help her cope with the fact that her teacher almost raped her. I can't wait to see the next chapter, this gets me nearly as exited as the flower and the star, and Notes from the garden of liles!

To reply you must either login or sign up.