Forum › Citrus discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I know people like this too but I'm only 18 so I don't really talk to them. The people I talk to are around my age, and we tend to be a little too open about... everything. And I kinda thought that people who don't realize they're gay until later on were mostly products of their society, and it doesn't happen so much anymore? I don't know, I live in New York.

Who knows? Specifically, I can recall a story I read on a LGBT support site last year, written by a 40 year old woman who was describing, rather vividly, how she was feeling passionate about someone (a younger, lesbian girl who had been pursuing her) for the first time in her entire life. She had been married once, had two kids, and was engaged to be married again! Yet she never once entertained the idea that guys weren't right for her, that she was supposed to be passionately in love, etc. etc. She even said something like, "I love my fiance, and I don't want to hurt him. But I'm in love with her."

Could you say that was because during her younger years she was exposed to homophobic attitudes, or some other part of her environment? I...don't really know! My only point was, there are people like you know exactly what they are, and there others who don't. I don't believe that either is horribly uncommon.

Sorry for getting off-topic anyway...-_-'

I agree with you. I agree with you so much that it is SAD... I wish there were less archetypical stories out there. It stunts my creativity.

Agreed, but...I imagine it could be difficult to write a non-archetypal story in Yuri Hime. One-shots and short serialized stories that are almost required to start with a love interest and end with two girls getting together...I mean come on!

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

I know people like this too but I'm only 18 so I don't really talk to them. The people I talk to are around my age, and we tend to be a little too open about... everything. And I kinda thought that people who don't realize they're gay until later on were mostly products of their society, and it doesn't happen so much anymore? I don't know, I live in New York.

Who knows? Specifically, I can recall a story I read on a LGBT support site last year, written by a 40 year old woman who was describing, rather vividly, how she was feeling passionate about someone (a younger, lesbian girl who had been pursuing her) for the first time in her entire life. She had been married once, had two kids, and was engaged to be married again! Yet she never once entertained the idea that guys weren't right for her, that she was supposed to be passionately in love, etc. etc. She even said something like, "I love my fiance, and I don't want to hurt him. But I'm in love with her."

Could you say that was because during her younger years she was exposed to homophobic attitudes, or some other part of her environment? I...don't really know! My only point was, there are people like you know exactly what they are, and there others who don't. I don't believe that either is horribly uncommon.

... It's sad that people can lie to themselves so effectively. I don't mean to define things or anything, it just annoyed me so I said it. I didn't like that post... no offense Handwavium, it just pissed me off.

joined Apr 8, 2013

OMGGGGG I looveeee this manga!!! I hope new chapters come out soon! I also like the art style :3

joined Mar 31, 2013

I swear to God, Citrus is friggin' beautiful.

I know this sounds bad-- but honestly, I don't give for the storyline as long as the other good stuff are actually, well, you know, good.

Anyway, I read this a while ago and immediately thought, "That art looks really familiar." Not just the lines and design, but panel composition and expressions as well. I didn't have anywhere to ask at the time, but now that I do...I'm wondering if I was the only person who felt like this? In other words...does this art remind you of another manga? I've been killing myself over here trying to think of what it could be...

Uhh, I'm not sure if it's similar but, "Your Fragrance" by Gratche Gratche came up on my mind... I'm not sure if it's the art style per se, but I think it's more of the situation (Gyaru and Black-haired-serious-chick) of the manga itself.

But yeah, I've been thinking of the art style a lot as well, and I'm infatuated with it.

joined Apr 8, 2013

Thanks guys, after reading your posts now I'm calm and can happily wait for the new chapter.
It has been so long since I'm this excited about a manga, the art really gave a huge impression.

joined Mar 31, 2013

@ The writing
This one definitely goes places ( I've read chapter 2 and 3 raws ) and it doesn't disappoint. The drama tag on this one is well deserved.

Please could you reveal just a little bit of chapter 3's plot? I don't understand Japanese at all so it really is killing me, especially when Dynasty tags this series as Het. I only desire to know if Mei already loves another someone or not, to prepare for the next release. If Yuzu has to get through the pain of one-sided love at the end I'll have to buy a reserve of tissues T-T Sorry if this piss anybody off, I definitely don't want to ruin the mood :(

SPOILERS(Probably)

Basically, what happens is Gyaru pursues Mei about her "inside depression" (I can't phrase it any better) and Mei, of course, being the tsundere that she is, unleashes her tsuns and gets defensive when Gyaru goes to her and says "It's okay! I'm here for you!" etc.etc.

Dad gets pissed, and threatens her that if she protects Mei, she's gon' get expelled.

Gyaru meets with Gyarufriend and talks about the expulsion and how she's a bad sister, blablabla, but then Gyarufriend manages to encourage her and says "No, I think you're working really hard as a big sister, and the little sister should be really happy." which leads to Gyaru to decide that she'll not 'run away' anymore.

You should know what happens next.

The nurse says to Mei, "There was this girl who ran around crazily helped the old man, explained the situation to us thoroughly, helped him to the ambulance car and stuff. She wanted to let the grandchild (Mei) know." Mei, of course, shows her surprised face, slowly revealing the dere.

And so Mei and Gyaru have a nice 'sisterly' bond with one another, and Mei tells her "Call me by my name. Isn't that what families do?"

Gyaru then goes to the station, giddy, happy that she's friendlier with her sister now. She stands there before the door and thinks "So... we're sisters..."

Bam. Cliffrigginhanger.

Hope this didn't feel to long and helped you. Also, no Het so far, besides the fact that the teacher Mei's engaged to is a total douchewad

last edited at Apr 8, 2013 11:52PM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Very interesting series, I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far.

Tomoko_kuroki__by_djvm4god-d53x3z6
joined Nov 9, 2012

uwahhh very interesting start! I can't wait to read more of this ! Thanks YP!!

Pinku no mashumaro
joined Apr 7, 2013

Can anyone tell me where can I read the raw scans of this manga please? Thank u in advance ^^

Pinku no mashumaro
joined Apr 7, 2013

"My little sister turned me on." Ooh baby. This is an amazing start, lol. The art is gorgeous as well, I like the thick lines and stuff.

I read somewhere the suggestion that the Teacher's kiss was forced, that makes a lot of sense for the logic behind Aihara's actions.

The writing for this one seems kind of crazy but I think it will at least definitely be very fun to read. I hope the characters can realize their feelings quickly so that we don't have to suffer through more forced het, though. Aside from that this is quite an impressive manga, I especially also like the unexpected friend character, "Harumin", lol.

@ Thicklines and the Art

Couldn't agree more.

When I saw the little sister's face on page 7 and 8 It was totally a "Shut up and take my money" moment for me.

@ The writing
This one definitely goes places ( I've read chapter 2 and 3 raws ) and it doesn't disappoint. The drama tag on this one is well deserved.

Can you tell me where you read the raws please???

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

http://wiki.yuriproject.net/wiki:threads ctrl + f type in "citrus"

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

http://www.kangdm.com/comic/13275/ if you dont want to have to download the file you can go here as well :) and also find a lot of other raw yuri manga :D

Kuro_bear
joined Apr 1, 2013

I should just sign up for Japanese Language courses now for reading raws; the sole reason =w=..

joined Apr 8, 2013

SPOILERS(Probably)

Basically, what happens is Gyaru pursues Mei about her "inside depression" (I can't phrase it any better) and Mei, of course, being the tsundere that she is, unleashes her tsuns and gets defensive when Gyaru goes to her and says "It's okay! I'm here for you!" etc.etc.

Dad gets pissed, and threatens her that if she protects Mei, she's gon' get expelled.

Gyaru meets with Gyarufriend and talks about the expulsion and how she's a bad sister, blablabla, but then Gyarufriend manages to encourage her and says "No, I think you're working really hard as a big sister, and the little sister should be really happy." which leads to Gyaru to decide that she'll not 'run away' anymore.

You should know what happens next.

The nurse says to Mei, "There was this girl who ran around crazily helped the old man, explained the situation to us thoroughly, helped him to the ambulance car and stuff. She wanted to let the grandchild (Mei) know." Mei, of course, shows her surprised face, slowly revealing the dere.

And so Mei and Gyaru have a nice 'sisterly' bond with one another, and Mei tells her "Call me by my name. Isn't that what families do?"

Gyaru then goes to the station, giddy, happy that she's friendlier with her sister now. She stands there before the door and thinks "So... we're sisters..."

Bam. Cliffrigginhanger.

Hope this didn't feel to long and helped you. Also, no Het so far, besides the fact that the teacher Mei's engaged to is a total douchewad

Thank you a thousand times :X :X :X

last edited at Apr 9, 2013 11:13PM

536731_3028192521134_968525162_n
joined Apr 11, 2013

So great ~! i love this .. update moar <3

joined Mar 8, 2013

F*CKING NICE ART AND STORY

THX SO MUCH YURI PROJECT =)))))))))))

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

Seeing the teacher shocked angry face on page 34 never gets old!

Thank you yuri project for all the hard work and effort put into this :)

joined Feb 1, 2013

Chapter 2 was better than the first. Still not extraordinary in my totally not humble opinion, but better. Art is still neat and cool, and the story becomes a little bit interesting. Still, the problem is that it's cliche like crazy.

I haven't been surprised even once by this manga so far.

Another_random_anime_girl_render__by_bakachasity-d5qdads
joined Feb 8, 2011

The story is expanding either too fast or slow, but I hope that the story line doesn't go bad at the end once it gets to the ending. You know how most manga endings are...the mangaka ends it abruptly. Anyhow, chapter 2 is great! Is all thanks to Yuri Project. :3

joined Feb 2, 2013

I really Loved the start of this series! and the second chapter left me waiting for more and im excited to see where this goes and how its going to end. Definitely deserved a spot in my favorites.

joined Jan 30, 2013

I still don't know what to think of this series, but chapter 2 was good. And bad. Bad because it's just too idiotic (I'm a stepdaughter, that means my new gramp must love me...), but I like the main character. A bit dimwitted but someone who actually stands up if necessary.
And the chapter is so long! Woohoo.

joined Oct 11, 2011

http://www.kangdm.com/comic/13275/ if you dont want to have to download the file you can go here as well :) and also find a lot of other raw yuri manga :D

Thanks for the link :)
Definitely, glad I can read Chinese xD never knew it can come in hand.

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

Thanks for the link :)
Definitely, glad I can read Chinese xD never knew it can come in hand.

No problem, and being bilingual does come to be handy :D

Sj%20celine%20icon
joined Mar 2, 2013

I was totally wondering this after reading, Mei's father married Yuzu's mom but is the chairmen really the father of Mei's father? Was there somewhere in the story where this information is blatantly out there ish confused

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Ah that was great... Yuzu-chan is awesome. lol

To reply you must either login or sign up.