Forum › A Straight Girl Wanders Into a Lesbian Mixer discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

How is possible that many are missing the sense of 69 % alcohol?

no one dropped dead of 69 %, as it's well known...

Not sure what you are trying to say, your phrasing is pretty vague.
But it's a fact that if you drink an entire bottle of ~70% alcohol you'd be going through some nice alcohol poisoning. Except maybe for super heavy-weights whose livers are already full of holes.

Straight 70% alcohol is likely to give you burns on the mucus membranes of your throat, too. I've seen warning labels for that on smaller percentages. Like that's the percentage that's in isopropyl alcohol you find in the drugstore for sterilization.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

But it's a fact that if you drink an entire bottle of ~70% alcohol you'd be going through some nice alcohol poisoning. Except maybe for super heavy-weights whose livers are already full of holes.

Straight 70% alcohol is likely to give you burns on the mucus membranes of your throat, too. I've seen warning labels for that on smaller percentages. Like that's the percentage that's in isopropyl alcohol you find in the drugstore for sterilization.

Eyup. Rubbing alcohol is around that percentage. There's of course a difference between 70% Ethanol and other types of alcohol, but these high percentages can only be consumed in super small amounts. Technically a human can drink 95% alcohol, but only like, an ounce. And even that is pretty bad.

last edited at Jan 8, 2019 9:18AM

Qy1n9jd3ivu
joined Dec 23, 2018

One word added in our previous comment to be precise and avoid accusations that we spoke about alcohol.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

One word added in our previous comment to be precise and avoid accusations that we spoke about alcohol.

Yeah your wording was pretty terrible. We all got the 69 joke, but that didn't matter and wasn't the point.

last edited at Jan 9, 2019 3:47AM

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

Reminds me of a image of two woman in which they said:
W1: We can't, I'm straight
W2: So is spaghetti until it gets wet

I freaking shipped Chloe and Beca so hard in Pitch Perfect 1, I swear Chloe's coming onto Beca.

Mya-nee2
joined Jun 22, 2017

The queen didn't say "lips" so I'm betting my ass she's gonna go for something wholesome like a forehead kiss.

Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

Reminds me of a image of two woman in which they said:
W1: We can't, I'm straight
W2: So is spaghetti until it gets wet

I freaking shipped Chloe and Beca so hard in Pitch Perfect 1, I swear Chloe's coming onto Beca.

She is. Kendrick (Beca) and Snow (Chloe) shot a kiss scene for PP3 and strongly wanted them to be an official ship at the end of the series but Universal Studios didn't go through with it.

Avvy
joined Sep 2, 2016

Torturous!

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Yannow it does actually happen like this sometimes. I mean, discovering you're actually into girls by virtue of something unexpected, not wandering accidentally into a lesbian mixer.

...Though, dammit, why arent lesbian mixers a thing where I live? How unfair.

Tumblr_lxr5uv8e8n1qeoztuo1_500
joined Aug 13, 2018

Author-san, I don’t think you understand what chapter means.

20200827_004119
joined Jan 3, 2017

TWO PAGES???!!!!

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Author-san, I don’t think you understand what chapter means.

Is this even reading anymore?

lezardthewizard
joined Sep 6, 2016

This girl is as straight as an spaghetti :P

joined Jul 5, 2018

a wet spaghetti

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I wonder how many of you got the 'cat food song' reference?

In the final page of last chapter, when the two are (or seem to be) about to kiss, everyone starts singing: "Kiss! Kiss! Let's kiss!" A side note tells us that this song is a play on a certain 'cat food song' -- but without giving us any further details.

Well, that 'cat food song' does exist. It's this song here, which is used in a commercial for Ciao Chooru, a snack for kitties. The refrain "Chooru! Chooru! Ciao Chooru!" is what the mixer girls are mimicking with their kiss song.

Seeing as Ciao Chooru is a treat for cats, and the bottom/sub lesbian in a relationship is commonly called the "neko" (cat), it's easy to understand why giving a reward to your cute and cuddly "neko" -- like a reward kiss -- can be associated to this song. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ -)~☆

last edited at Jan 10, 2019 6:57PM

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Why is the "turn straight girl gay" theme so popular now days?

lezardthewizard
joined Sep 6, 2016

a wet spaghetti

Amen >.<

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I wonder how many of you got the 'cat food song' reference?

In the final page of last chapter, when the two are (or seem to be) about to kiss, everyone starts singing: "Kiss! Kiss! Let's kiss!" A side note tells us that this song is a play on a certain 'cat food song' -- but without giving us any further details.

Well, that 'cat food song' does exist. It's this song here, which is used in a commercial for Ciao Chooru, a snack for kitties. The refrain "Chooru! Chooru! Ciao Chooru!" is what the mixer girls are mimicking with their kiss song.

Seeing as Ciao Chooru is a treat for cats, and the bottom/sub lesbian in a relationship is commonly called the "neko" (cat), it's easy to understand why giving a reward to your cute and cuddly "neko" -- like a reward kiss -- can be associated to this song. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ -)~☆

Cute cats, but about the third time I heard that commercial I think I’d start to go a little insane.

So what is the top lesbian in a relationship called?

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

You say that like it hasn't always been popular. Having an unfortunate crush on a straight girl is a nigh universal wlw experience.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

You say that like it hasn't always been popular. Having an unfortunate crush on a straight girl is a nigh universal wlw experience.

I’m actually seeing more stories with “girls who have assumed they’re straight with no tangible evidence.”

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I’m actually seeing more stories with “girls who have assumed they’re straight with no tangible evidence.”

I mean it's really just semantics most "turn straight girl gay" plots are actually "gay girl overcomes compulsory heterosexuality" but that's less catchy.

joined Sep 5, 2018

So what is the top lesbian in a relationship called?

Tachi. Tachi/neko, top/bottom and seme/uke don’t mean the same, btw. I suggest googling them if you’re interested.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

It seems much more likely to be 69 proof or 6.9% since outside of something like Baccardi 151 or Everclear you just don't see booze that strong. It's beyond rare and it certainly isn't the sort of thing one can just chug a bottle of without suffering horrible if not life threatening consequences. Even at 69 proof what she did would be nuts and could kill somebody with a less than a godly tolerance.

last edited at Jan 10, 2019 9:29PM

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

That's a lot hotter than kissing for real.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It seems much more likely to be 69 proof or 6.9% since outside of something like Baccardi 151 or Everclear you just don't see booze that strong. It's beyond rare and it certainly isn't the sort of thing one can just chug a bottle of without suffering horrible if not life threatening consequences. Even at 69 proof what she did would be nuts and could kill somebody with a less than a godly tolerance.

I think it’s really neither one, but just entirely a joke using the (lewd) number. Assuming the translation is correct, it clearly says “69% Alcohol,” which as you say is world-class (138 proof), potentially deadly alcohol content. (Standard whiskies are like 45% alcohol at the upper range, with strong sake around 14-20%).

Not to doubt the existence of some hard-drinking lesbians, but unless our kindly Black Knight is about to lapse into a coma, the brand-name and specs are simply lesbian in-jokes.

last edited at Jan 11, 2019 3:42AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.