Forum › Caged Lovers discussion

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Somehow the setting reminds of this other manga I read where the girls had to make this flower crown in order to graduate, but in that one grduation really meant passing on. Forgot what it was called though.

Yeah, that one was nice, I love those sorts of metaphors, even if the ending is bittersweet.

This one, though, is outright disturbing.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

And this is what happens when you try to get an author out of the Touhou doujin circle.

Well to be fair, Nakatani Nio (Yagakimi author) was one too. It's just mangaka has to start somewhere you know?

Do you mean the author who couldn't figure how to continue Bloom Into You even if her life was on the line? Which has a pretty dumb and artificial scenario to begin with?

I sure hope she doesn't take the A Kiss and a White Lily route but seems like it with all this background-background going on.

Well, as we say in Brazil, opinions are like assholes: to each their own. (Don't ask, Brazil is weird).

Particularly, I love YagaKimi, I love the scenario, the characters feel real and I think it's really well written in general.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

And this is what happens when you try to get an author out of the Touhou doujin circle.

Well to be fair, Nakatani Nio (Yagakimi author) was one too. It's just mangaka has to start somewhere you know?

Do you mean the author who couldn't figure how to continue Bloom Into You even if her life was on the line? Which has a pretty dumb and artificial scenario to begin with?

I sure hope she doesn't take the A Kiss and a White Lily route but seems like it with all this background-background going on.

Well, as we say in Brazil, opinions are like assholes: to each their own. (Don't ask, Brazil is weird).

Particularly, I love YagaKimi, I love the scenario, the characters feel real and I think it's really well written in general.

It is well written, but maybe that person has a problem with the way the last couple of chapter have not developed the main plot at all.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I've read a whole bunch of disturbing/depressing oneshots on this website, but I don't think I can handle an entire manga about such a dark concept.

moonlight garden is a much better example of emancipating whore houses

joined Jan 10, 2017

You can't really check to see if someone is a virgin by looking up their vagina though...

Yukari%20sweet%20-%20copy
joined Nov 24, 2016

Weird thing is that this actually makes me less depressed than that touhou xmas doujin from a few days ago where Alice loses Marisa to Reimu.

And yeah it definitely feels like I've seen this yuri plot somewhere before(seen straight version plenty of other places, I know that. yeesh!).

last edited at Dec 29, 2018 12:05PM

1916028_1073061359394379_8287547252845901979_n
joined May 1, 2017

If it were serious about staging some sort of rebellion against this fucked up human trafficking ring it'd be absolutely into it, but this smells of "woe is me, we're going to be sold, but that's only tragic 'cause I lose my new lesbian friend."

Damn, i'll kill to read that rebellion.
Also oof, this will be hard to read.

32104671_1715652908533240_2109611648586088448_n
joined Jul 30, 2015

Dramaaaa. We know this kind of story already

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

u mean suicide cuz she dont wanna be sold off?

I don't know how to spoiler properly yet so allow me a minute

Edit: Okay got it. The girl who dies is the elder sister in this chapter. The end of volume 2 suggest that she might've been murdered by the "buyer" but as it ends immediately after that, I don't know if there's any actual way that the girls can do anything about it

Like I said it's fucked up. So people reading the comments who think they can't stomach things like this should save the headache and just not read. Seriously I'm warning you, save yourself (and the future of this comment section)

last edited at Dec 29, 2018 12:30PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

At least it is implied that the guys who buy them are not just looking for sex slaves? I mean if that was the case they wouldn't bother finding/making smartest girls possible, if all they would ever do be a fuck toy. If their only purpose was to please their buyer, how to do it well would be all they are ever taught. It seems to be implied that they are actually promised a good life, as long as they are willing to follow and devote their life to random guy who buys them. I mean, otherwise MC's escaping her abusive (or whatever the reason was) house to go here, would be completely pointless. Unless her saying "anything is better than that house" cued the guy she is fine with being sex toy. Especially since his "There're many girls just like you here." suggest everyone choose this school to run away from something else. Considering MC didn't know the purpose of school, I'm confused whatever girls are tricked into it or it is a conscious choice. I know MC not knowing is just a plot device to keep first chapter mysterious, but still it pose some serious questions.

Either way I liked the way it was set up so far and character have potential, assuming everyone has some fucked up history to tell, but considering their alternative to having fucked up environment is to pick different fucked up environment, I don't have high hopes for this series. It really feels like it will just go the route of angst where girls fall for each other, but there is always the fate of being sold looming over them.

And to all people saying it feels familiar. Girls attending school to be sold to guys is just your typical fucked up hentai setting.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Well, as we say in Brazil, opinions are like assholes: to each their own.

we have the same saying in Poland

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

^ even if it's not about outright selling those "ojou-sama" type school settings basically always come with the "find a good husband" (which tends to be equated with "how much money do they have?") goal, so the difference seems small.

And yeah, the school seems to specifically prey on vulnerable girls; probably ones where the family agrees that they should go away or where the girls themselves are isolated. It's how this sort of abuse scheme works after all (I mean, we can pretend, but this sort of thing - if not in quite that fashion - does happen in real life).

I'd disagree though about the "at least" portion. Slavery (and that's what this is) doesn't get any better "just" because people are only raped occasionally and not as much as in your average hentai manga.

Blushav2
joined Aug 11, 2015

At least it is implied that the guys who buy them are not just looking for sex slaves? I mean if that was the case they wouldn't bother finding/making smartest girls possible, if all they would ever do be a fuck toy. If their only purpose was to please their buyer, how to do it well would be all they are ever taught.

They're trophy wives, taken to an extreme. They have to be pretty and smart to make their new owner look better in his social circles.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Pyoro posted:

I'd disagree though about the "at least" portion. Slavery (and that's what this is) doesn't get any better "just" because people are only raped occasionally and not as much as in your average hentai manga.

I meant it as silver lining. As in, it could be worse (assuming I'm even right about that).

kiby posted:

They're trophy wives, taken to an extreme. They have to be pretty and smart to make their new owner look better in his social circles.

Good point. I didn't think about it like that.

Large
joined Nov 25, 2018

Well, i think i will pass of this

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Also I really hoped after hearing the real purpose of this school, MC would react with something like "That's fine by me" or "That is better than before", because it would really sold us on how fucked up her home situation was and that it really was better alternative. And sure she can still say something like that next chapter, but I'm not holding my breath for it. It seems to be played straight, as her not knowing what this school was and she'll most likely be either trying to cope with it or making a fuss about it.

last edited at Dec 29, 2018 1:35PM

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

Wow we're losing readers that are reading for free! Anyway, I think it's an interesting manga and up until now there's 15 chapters we're hoping to catch up to , with a slow pace so don't expect regular updates

last edited at Dec 29, 2018 1:35PM

Homumug
joined Jan 13, 2015

What a load of utter garbage, this shouldn't even be tagged yuri. Who the heck is this supposed to appeal to?

Image-(14)
joined Jan 5, 2014

Manga is bad. Feels dull even though it's bloated to the max with shitty melodrama and the shitty "forbidden yuri before het" trope.

joined Jul 4, 2018

Well, as we say in Brazil, opinions are like assholes: to each their own.

we have the same saying in Poland

We have the same saying in my household :p

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

I get that having a highly educated slave-wife looks good at those fancy gala balls, but honestly, would that actually be a good idea in the long run? You're just giving her more fuel to one day down the line successfully off you or run away. Or frame you for murder and run away with the maid. Can I read that yuri?

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

zeeeeeeeerrooooooooooom

that me giving the a hard pass

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

I'm not reading this one, I feel sick. What's the point.

416213._sx1280_ql80_ttd_(2)
joined May 3, 2017

Definitely read this before; and past the first chapter too cause I distinctly remember some yuri happening.

To reply you must either login or sign up.