Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Eh, with it being yuri and the current state of physical BD sales, 4-6k is pretty unrealistic. It did well, better than most yuri that came out within the last decade (& a lot of anime that come out nowadays), but not as well as we would have hoped, really. Though, that is only a 3-day figure (YagaKimi BD came out on a Friday). It can still hit 4k by the end of this week, though don't have too much hope.

last edited at Dec 26, 2018 1:45PM

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

NxY posted:

YagaKimi was in 16th place for blu ray sales last week with 2,849 sales https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-12-25/japan-animation-blu-ray-disc-ranking-december-17-23/.141303

This is so sad... So if you want to success in sells you have to make it about idols, but what's the problem with idols? they can't fall in love(for real) so no yuri.
But really, I was expecting around 4000 to 6000

Well, it is only one week. And each blu ray is $80, so that's already $227,920.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Bluray already? So no ep. 13? Or was the sales number just preorders?

It's a shame if it doesn't get a second season, it's been so intelligent and understated.

last edited at Dec 26, 2018 2:38PM

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Bluray already? So no ep. 13? Or was the sales number just preorders?

It's a shame if it doesn't get a second season, it's been so intelligent and understated.

They separate the season into 4 blu ray 'volumes'. This is just episodes 1-3, I think. Episode 13 is still coming out.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

NxY posted:

NxY posted:

YagaKimi was in 16th place for blu ray sales last week with 2,849 sales https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-12-25/japan-animation-blu-ray-disc-ranking-december-17-23/.141303

This is so sad... So if you want to success in sells you have to make it about idols, but what's the problem with idols? they can't fall in love(for real) so no yuri.

Yeah now that I think about 3000 to 4000 is still pretty good in average.

I don't think we'll get a second season... Maybe just OVA to complete the story, because I don't think the manga can pull off enough material for 12 more episodes

last edited at Dec 26, 2018 2:54PM

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

NxY posted:

NxY posted:

I don't think we'll get a second season... Maybe just OVA to complete the story, because I don't think the manga can pull off enough material for 12 more episodes

Well, it's likely to end at volume 8, leaving 4 volumes to adapt. That's easily enough for 12 episodes.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I have a feeling that material isn't an issue at all. Not only has the anime had the patience to adapt even tiny digressions unhurriedly but the screenwriters have been creatively filling in stuff that Nakatani herself somewhere admitted she couldn't have thought of, and in a way that makes it feel like they could script the entire play if they got the chance.

last edited at Dec 26, 2018 3:03PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

NxY posted:

NxY posted:

NxY posted:

Well, it's likely to end at volume 8, leaving 4 volumes to adapt. That's easily enough for 12 episodes.

I'm not sure, I would like to see the play in ep13, for that, they might skip the OP and ending to fill everything (like preparations for the play and the after match) and that's 6 volumes (I think the anime will end exactly in the chapter 32 "Off the Stage" ) so that leave us with a little bit of vol 6 and extras, vol 7 and then whatever vol 8 has to offer... That's less than half of what they needed to adapt the first season.

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

I'm not sure, I would like to see the play in ep13, for that, they might skip the OP and ending to fill everything (like preparations for the play and the after match) and that's 6 volumes (I think the anime will end exactly in chapter 32 "Off the Stage" ) so that leaves us with a little bit of vol 6 and extras, vol 7 and then whatever vol 8 has to offer... That's less than half of what they needed to adapt the first season.

That seems extremely unlikely. If they wanted to include the play they would have increased the pace of adaption.

Plus I don't think anybody on the team wants to rush it.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

One thing about ep.12 that no one seems to have remarked on is how, of all the plays in the world, they're reciting The Mikado (the "short sharp shock" bit). Is there anyone around with knowledge of Japanese theatre culture to elucidate on that one?

last edited at Dec 26, 2018 4:03PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

And each blu ray is $80

They separate the season into 4 blu ray 'volumes'. This is just episodes 1-3, I think.

heartattack

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

NxY posted:

I'm not sure, I would like to see the play in ep13, for that, they might skip the OP and ending to fill everything (like preparations for the play and the after match) and that's 6 volumes (I think the anime will end exactly in chapter 32 "Off the Stage" ) so that leaves us with a little bit of vol 6 and extras, vol 7 and then whatever vol 8 has to offer... That's less than half of what they needed to adapt the first season.

That seems extremely unlikely. If they wanted to include the play they would have increased the pace of adaption.

Plus I don't think anybody on the team wants to rush it.

Well yeah, I don't want it skipping content (I'm also talking to you @uncertain, I'm just quoting one person), I'm just thinking realistically as an anime adaptation... Think about it, they have to end it with a BANG so chapter 32 is perfect for that... But if that's not the case, then we'll have to do with the visit to the cemetery from Touko and the aquarium chapter date...That date was really nice, but not as dramatic as an ending should be imo and some people might think "what, we don't get to see the play after all the preparation??"

AND STILL, assuming the manga ends in vol 8, that's hardly enough for 12 chapters... But who knows! maybe if they adapt all the specials and the spin off novel for the second season, things will be fine.

joined Oct 27, 2018

AND STILL, assuming the manga ends in vol 8, that's hardly enough for 12 chapters... But who knows! maybe if they adapt all the specials and the spin off novel for the second season, things will be fine.

I mean two of the episodes were single chapter adaptations and they both turned out excellent.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

NxY posted:

YagaKimi just out december 21, and got that sale. It’s pretty good in my opinion compare to other. And with the update sales, it already reached 3k at the moment. Let’s be optimistic it’ll reach 4k at least.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

NxY posted:

YagaKimi just out december 21, and got that sale. It’s pretty good in my opinion compare to other. And with the update sales, it already reached 3k at the moment. Let’s be optimistic it’ll reach 4k at least.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Question: why instead of selling blu-rays, or rather than only that, producers don't release the episodes subbed behind a paywall?

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Question: why instead of selling blu-rays, or rather than only that, producers don't release the episodes subbed behind a paywall?

Something tells me that a few broke and (when it comes to Japanese) illiterate souls like me wouldn't be able to watch it in that scenario, but maybe I misunderstood the argument. Despite being better in English than my own native language, it seems there are still things I don't know...

last edited at Dec 27, 2018 2:41AM

Does anyone know when chapter 37 going to be translated, I know that this week is kind of busy with new years coming. So does anyone have a general idea of when it will be?

joined Feb 18, 2018

DAMN just checked the raws. Sayaka confessed it seems?

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

They're ending on chapter 24 (Episode 13 "To the Terminal Station / Lighthouse")
http://yagakimi.com/story/

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

DAMN just checked the raws. Sayaka confessed it seems?

Yes. She was too damn direct to tell that she wants to be Touko’s lover even though Touko stopped her to confess at first, telling her she isn’t the person that Sayaka expected to be. It seems Touko felt what Sayaka about to do. She isn’t dense at all. Lol. I’m really worried how will Touko answer her confession Another month to wait. It’s such a pain, the monthly update.

joined Feb 18, 2018

I find myself cheering for a ToukoxSayaka ending despite the odds. I think ToukoxYuu is a problematic dynamic where Touko relies on Yuu way too much, while Sayaka and Touko are equals in a sense. Yuu could go with one of her friends eventually (softball girl who seems pretty gay to me, or even the writer friend who is a sweetheart).

last edited at Dec 27, 2018 9:08AM

I know that Yuu x Touko is the endgame of the series. But I also want Sayaka to be happy too & stay best friend's with Touko even after the confession.
I think that Nakatani sensei has a plan to have Sayaka have her own happiness in the series too, like having her fall in love with someone else that love's her back.
Am hoping that she is planning on having that free-spirited girl from the novel about Sayaka's past show up in the mainseries, cause that girl actually had feelings for Sayaka.

Sayaka deserves her own happiness too a just as much as Yuu x Touko.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

I know that Yuu x Touko is the endgame of the series. But I also want Sayaka to be happy too & stay best friend's with Touko even after the confession.
I think that Nakatani sensei has a plan to have Sayaka have her own happiness in the series too, like having her fall in love with someone else that love's her back.
Am hoping that she is planning on having that free-spirited girl from the novel about Sayaka's past show up in the mainseries, cause that girl actually had feelings for Sayaka.

Yeah. I hope that girl from Sayaka’s past return too. It seems her feelings for Sayaka was so genuine unlike w/ her senpai. If not with Nakatani’s writing, at least in LN that writing by Iruma. I’m sure, if the LN sequel sales tops again, Iruma will continue to write. I refuse to see Sayaka has no happy ending. She deserves the world.

last edited at Dec 27, 2018 10:58AM

Yeah. I hope that girl from Sayaka’s past return too. It seems her feelings for Sayaka was so genuine unlike w/ her senpai. If not with Nakatani’s writing, at least in LN that writing by Iruma. I’m sure, if the LN sequel sales tops again, Iruma will continue to write. I refuse to see Sayaka has no happy ending. She deserves the world.

Agreed.

To reply you must either login or sign up.